In this Discussion

Lollapalooza/Intonation Music Festival??

edited November -1 in OK Go
I know Lolla hasn't been confirmed yet, but it's supposed to be July 23-24 at Grant Park in Chicago if they can get a permit.

And the Intonation Music Festival (sponsored by Pitchforkmedia) is July 16-17 in Chicago too. It's just too good to be true. Can't take my eyes off of you.

I think the band should play at least one of these. Or try. A lot. It would be excellent publicity.

IMF will be cool:

This two-day event will feature some of independent music's top artists, a local stage showcasing Chicago bands, and a DJ tent created by Biz3. Proceeds from the festivities will benefit the Chicago Park District's after-school music programs, and no advance tickets will be sold.

Comments

• That would be so amazing if they did either, or both of those. I think I would be in heaven biggrin.gif And it would be such great publicity for them *sigh*
  • OOh yes, anything that brings them back to Chicago!
  • If Lolla actually does happen, I will be SO SO SO happy.
    I don't care who's playing, I'm going anyway!
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Apr 4 2005, 12:04 PM)
    That would be so amazing if they did either, or both of those. I think I would be in heaven biggrin.gif And it would be such great publicity for them *sigh*

I agree. I'm excited about both Lollapalooza and Intonation this summer. If OK Go played either festival, I'd be giddy. Especially Intonation, because it is going to be down the street from where I live. How fun will that be? July is going to be a great month for music. It just needs to hurry up and get here.
  • July is going to be the best month for music...I am most definitely going to the festivals whether or not OK Go is there...they would just be an awesome added bonus...come on July...hurry up and get here!
  • pshhh if they cant play at lolla they should just set up in the parkin lot and play anyway haha that would be so funny
  • Didn't someone say they were playing? nothing set in stone yet. but they were gonna? maybe it's a dream i had or something.
  • Yet again...a little birdie told me that they are gonna be there. Early in the morning, 11:45 is the time the little birdie gave me...bu they're going to be there.

I keep checking the Lolla website, but they haven't added them to the list yet. I'm trusting this little birdie isn't lying...because I can't imagine he would... biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ May 30 2005, 11:02 PM)
    Yet again...a little birdie told me that they are gonna be there. Early in the morning, 11:45 is the time the little birdie gave me...bu they're going to be there.

I keep checking the Lolla website, but they haven't added them to the list yet. I'm trusting this little birdie isn't lying...because I can't imagine he would... biggrin.gif

no
    birdie's don't lie
    that's preposterous!
  • Man, Carin, we talk a lot with little birdies, don't we? lol

But yes, I'm expecting to see them up on the site any day now.
  • Yeah, we really do...but I do so love these little birdies! biggrin.gif
  • I'm pretty sure the dates (7/23-24), and the place (Grant Park) are set for Lollapalooza. I purchased tickets last week, and they've been recommending hotels in the area for out-of-towners Lollapalooza

From what I've heard thus far, approximately 50-60 bands are tentatively scheduled. Okgo's not yet listed, but like another wrote earlier, I have also heard gossip that they may play early on one of the days.
  • I checked the OK Go tourdates on their website, and they've listed...

07/24/2005 Grant Park Chicago, IL

...so I guess that means they're gonna be there biggrin.gif
  • grrr
    so i think my brother is in chicago that date. or around that time.
    and my entire family except for me is in california at some point during ok go's time there.
    grrrr. and i'm not. because i got stuck doing a stupid program i don't want to.
    oh man. how cool would it be to see ok go in LA. Gooooood times i say, good times.
  • I've decided that I have to go to Lolla....the line-up is just too amazing to not go.

Who else is going!?
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Jun 2 2005, 02:00 PM)
    I've decided that I have to go to Lolla....the line-up is just too amazing to not go.

Who else is going!?

THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE PERFECT ROAD TRIP FROM TORONTO hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jun 2 2005, 07:08 PM)
    THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE PERFECT ROAD TRIP FROM TORONTO hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Speaking of! I must talk with you sometime about stuff.
  • QUOTE (Vendro @ Jun 5 2005, 12:05 PM)
    Speaking of! I must talk with you sometime about stuff.

I need to hitch a ride with someone!!! am I really the only one from out west????
  • QUOTE (Falknerd @ Jun 6 2005, 01:22 AM)
    I need to hitch a ride with someone!!!  am I really the only one from out west????

Where you from?
  • hahaha ohh about stuff eh? SOUNDS EXCITING!

*w00t*
    ya just pm me or add me to MSN - it's there!
    Ciaoooooooo