In this Discussion

Hot Hot Heat

Comments

• i shall be on the look out for it in HMV in cornwall when i go into a shoppy bit next week =)

wheres it most likely to be under in these snazzy big stores...they confuse me so with there sorting systems =(
  • I came here explicitly to muse about how fabulous Elevator is (sorry OKGo). Just like Make Up The Breakdown it's a fabulous summer CD. Like a lot of sophomore albums it's more conventional, but I'm on my umpteenth listen and I like it better every time.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 8 2005, 05:36 PM)
    i shall be on the look out for it in HMV in cornwall when i go into a shoppy bit next week =)

wheres it most likely to be under in these snazzy big stores...they confuse me so with there sorting systems =(

Head Full Of Crazy, are you going on holiday in Cornwall? I've been on holiday there many times.
    The cd will be probably be under the general A-Z.
    And if you like it, new album "Elevator" is out April 25th. I've heard that they have a different guitarist on this album.
  • QUOTE (atypicaltiffany @ Apr 8 2005, 11:34 AM)
    I came here explicitly to muse about how fabulous Elevator is (sorry OKGo).  Just like Make Up The Breakdown it's a fabulous summer CD.  Like a lot of sophomore albums it's more conventional, but I'm on my umpteenth listen and I like it better every time.

haha
    the first time i listened to it i was disappointed it wasnt Make Up The Breakdown. But now after i've listened to it 4748989384 times, it reallly grows on you. Took me a while to get used to the new hot hot heat
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Apr 8 2005, 05:48 PM)
    haha
    the first time i listened to it i was disappointed it wasnt Make Up The Breakdown. But now after i've listened to it 4748989384 times, it reallly grows on you. Took me a while to get used to the new hot hot heat

OMG i have listened to it that many times too! the album is different from make up the breakdown, i still really enjoy it!
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Apr 8 2005, 09:35 PM)
    OMG i have listened to it that many times too! the album is different from make up the breakdown, i still really enjoy it!

yesss
    and i think a big reason they sound so different is the literal quality of the sound. because make up was recorded in 6 days and this was recorded in 6 weeks. so i bet they spent a long time on the little stuff.
    and then after reading the alternative press article, i can't be disappointed! it's what they wanted to do and they even tried to do it like make up, so i'm happy with this one!
    gahhh i love this cd.
  • i am indeed going on holiday to cornwall =)...leaving in about a hour....6 hours it'll take to get down there...urg

i shall be on the look out for hot hot heat!
  • I've just heard Elevator (it was delayed over here) and it is excellent, better then Make Up.
  • QUOTE (OK Matt @ Apr 28 2005, 12:13 PM)
    I've just heard Elevator (it was delayed over here) and it is excellent, better then Make Up.

youre the first person ive heard say that
    i dont want to say ones better than the other just becuase they sound so different, it's not really fair.
  • yikes. no no no.

I think make up is 293842093 x better.

they lost their sense of danceyness. which sucks, cause that was absolutely brilliant and now it's just another head-bopping-along record. meh. I still like them, I'm just not as impressed as I hoped I would be.
  • QUOTE (minia @ Apr 29 2005, 02:51 AM)
    yikes. no no no.

I think make up is 293842093 x better.

they lost their sense of danceyness. which sucks, cause that was absolutely brilliant and now it's just another head-bopping-along record. meh. I still like them, I'm just not as impressed as I hoped I would be.

Make up is definitely far better than Scenes 1 Through 13, their 1st album, but far better then Elevator? No, but maybe nearly as good.
  • i have yet to get the new album...but i think 'talk to me dance with me' is my favorite song from make up...

and i like 'le le low'

but yeah. lol more cowbell!!
  • After listening to Elevator a couple times I had to bombard all my friends with the news that the album is great.

"Really? What does it sound like Joe?"
    "Hmmm well honestly... it sounds somewhat OkGo-ish!!!!"

tongue.gif
  • well, i guess it's a matter of opinion, but seriously. the lyrics i would say are equally enjoyable... but I'm still eh about it as a whole.

but in other news, i'm seeing them with interpol/qotsa. yes!
  • ooooo so i got HOT HOT HEATS album today...and it is safe to say that it is

FOOKING AMAZING..

that is all for now......i missed the gig of hot hot heat'nuss due to the underage company i keep..*sigh*
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ May 9 2005, 05:31 PM)
    ooooo so i got HOT HOT HEATS album today...and it is safe to say that it is
    FOOKING AMAZING..
    that is all for now......i missed the gig of hot hot heat'nuss due to the underage company i keep..*sigh*

But not as amazing as OK Go's album, right?
  • is anything better then OKGO's album?

i doubt even sex is =p

OKGO are the sex..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ May 9 2005, 02:26 PM)
    is anything better then OKGO's album?

i doubt even sex is =p
    OKGO are the sex..

Huh? Come again. mellow.gif
  • okgo rock yes?

just nod and smile =)
  • Nice food is better than EVERYTHING else, even Ok Go's album... although eating food while listening to ok go's album together is an orgasmic experience! You should try it