In this Discussion

Bruise Grey

edited November -1 in OK Go
Anyone have the lyrics to this song. I know i should just listen to it forever like all the others i have but i really want to know all the words to this song.

Comments

• Here goes another round of me sitting and writing em as I hear em! tongue.gif

Two kids in the park
    and kissing
    anacin and black coffee
    suitcase full of looks
    to study
    and the curvy pink accent
    bookish boy and me
    and nothing
    every bus stop is the same
    phone bill broke the bank
    and so on
    magazine article reads

bruise grey
    covers everything
    and everyone everywhere anyway
    everyday

everyone gets old
    god willing
    what a fatalist reprieve
    strychnine for a meal
    but growing
    gotta be the inertia
    nobody buys her drinks
    so quit it
    never one was to so dwell
    all the eggshell friends
    too nervous
    but we tiptoe oh so well

bruise grey
    covers everything
    everyday
    bruise grey
    covers everything
    everyday

another thick smokestack day
    and waiting
    and the park kids, they still kiss
    getting up to sunset
    but covered
    by a bisque-ish (That's my best guess, Bisque is a yellow-grey, or, bruise grey) sky of
    tin

bruise grey
    covers everything
    everyday
    (repeat till fade)
  • which song is this? and i demand to know why i havnt heard it before
  • You've never heard it?! blink.gif
    It's an ace b-side on the Get Over It single.
  • I have to say that its one of the only songs ive also never heard. Is there any chance of being put in Seifers yahoo account thing, or is that the kind of suggestion thats going to get me shot by the Ok Go Mafia?
  • It was in there, and I had put Ant Music in there, but Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore didn't like it cause they were songs that had been released, so they were deleted.
  • *whisper whisper* send it to me laugh.gif I wont tell no one! I'll take you to the candy shop, you can lick my cattle prod. Come on Matt, gimme what you got.. whooaaa what am i doing??
  • (whispers back) I guess you must be a pretty big OK Go fan to want to hear this b-side...so I guess on this occasion I'll send it to you(Bruise Grey, right?) through the medium of email. I'll do it on 1 condition, but there's no way I'm gonna lick your cattle prod laugh.gif Tell me a funny joke.
  • funny joke eh?

I hate it when someone asks for a joke cos i can never think of one... With the exceptioon of one that i was told when i was stupidly young sound found it the funniest thing in the world. I'm sure you've heard it, but anyways...

Stop me if you know it wink.gif

A pregnant lady goes to hospital to get a second opinion on a possible pregnancy and the doctor is delighted to inform her that she is indeed pregnant and that she will be having triplets! The lady leaves the hospital and walks home full of the joys of spring.

now the nasty part, on the way home the mother of three to be is mugged by, well a mugger, and puts up a bit of a struggle and is shot 3 times in the stomach. An ambulance is called but all the lady is worried about is the condition of her unborn babies. At the hospital a scan is done and the babies are fine and the bullets have left no long term damage (somehow... go with it!) The doctor says it best not to remove the bullets as to not put the babies at risk, and it be highly likey she would 'pass the bullets in the normal flow of things.

So, the babies are born - 2 girls and a boy. As beautiful as any other of God's creations. They grow up, get older and one day one of the girls comes down, looking rather white saying she had just passed a bullet while urinating. The mother explains the story and the girl seems ok. However, the second daughter comes down with a similar complaint and the mother again reassures her that all is well. But then, a few days later the boy comes down in floods of tears and says 'Mum, i was having a wank and ive shot the dog'

Boom boom...

*gets hit with tomatoes*
  • laugh.gif That's good, haven't heard that 1.
    It looks like I can only send it to you if you type out your email address on here. Send me a pm if you want.
  • Christ, that joke is awful! We need a jokes thread
  • sorry to scrape but me too?

song not joke that is..
  • If you pm me with your e-mail address i can send it accross if you like? Cant send attachments off here huh.gif
  • OK. I would ask you to tell a joke but I suppose that revealing the Peanut mystery is enough. smile.gif Needs your email address.
  • haha.. looks like we have a fight on our hands!

I wanna send it!
    No, i wanna send it!
    I said i'd send it first!
    Its my file in the first place!
  • laugh.gif You posted at almost the same time I did! Michael, you have my permission to send your copy. I guess you should, otherwise everyone who sees this thread is gonna be asking me for it.
  • You used my real name... well Mathew, looks like you bought yourself a one way ticket to deathsvile wub.gif

Using totally the wrong smiley is somethng im going to do from now on
  • You didn't say I couldn't tongue.gif
    And my name's spelt Matthew, dammit! dry.gif
  • Sorry Mafew, i'll get it right next time ph34r.gif WaaaaaaaAA!
  • If you feel like battling it out for my email

write me a poem, the greatest wins (haikus get extra points)
  • I wanna send it, oh yes i do
    If you wont let me send it i'll do a poo

not bad for spontaneous... Give me a few hours and i'll steal one off a website biggrin.gif