In this Discussion

Who should the boys cover??

edited November -1 in OK Go
Aight, Ive been thinking about posting this one for awhile now, My first choice is Lola - The Kinks I think Damian would do an amazing job......

Comments

• Dont Stop Believin by journey
  • or any song by third eye blind
  • QUOTE (Brett @ Aug 20 2005, 02:32 PM)
    Dont Stop Believin by journey

haha that's funny
    i was gonna say 'any way you want it' by journey

orrr

a beatles song.
  • The Last Polka by Ben Folds Five

...ya know, it's it's possible on guitar.

if not..Sweet Adeline byt Elliott Smith
  • QUOTE (Falknerd @ Aug 20 2005, 02:21 AM)
    Aight,  Ive been thinking about posting this one for awhile now,  My first choice is  Lola - The Kinks  I think Damian would do an amazing job......

*GASPS* That is exactly what I was thinking!!!! I love that song!

This requires some thought . . . hmmmm *scratches head*

I think they should do a Who song, maybe "Pictures of Lily", or any other Who song. I have no ider.
  • eye of the tiger.
  • im not so sure how elliott smith would translate to the rock your *&$^% brains out technique the boys have, but i do like the idea of a beatles song. or maybe the knack...
  • i just want to hear their cover of I want you to want me

and the prove my love cover they have right now is so AWESOME
  • i think they could do a rad cover of "bitch" by meredith brooks lol you know it would be cool
  • QUOTE (Seifer @ Sep 11 2005, 11:03 PM)
    i think they could do a rad cover of "bitch" by meredith brooks lol you know it would be cool

*Gasps* They should do a cover of it! It would be so cool, cool wouldn't even describe it!

Also, with my experience of listening to "Oh No", now I really think they should cover "Lola" by the Kinks. They would kick that song in the ass.
  • Totally do a kinks cover! All the day and all of the night or you really got me would be ideal! Not sure about Lola, if they covered it and butchered it it would break my fragile little heart
  • OK, I looked over my WMP library and here is what I think they should cover.

The Beatles - Get Back
    The Beatles - Helter Skelter
    The Beatles - Rain
    The Beatles - I Me Mine
    The Beatles - Baby, You're a Rich Man
    The Beatles - She Said She Said
    The Doors (Or Van Morrison, which ever) - Gloria
    The Kinks - You Really Got Me
    The Kinks - Lola
    Sweet - Ballroom Blitz (haha, I'd like to see that.)
    The Rolling Stones - She's A Rainbow
    The Rolling Stones - Get Off My Cloud
    Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun
    The Who - Substitute
    The Who - Call Me Lightning

Maybe a Tom Petty song, I don't know which one.
  • If ok go EVER covered the Beatles i would make it my mission to kill them. Can you honestly see them doing any kind of decent cover of any of those songs? you're mad! MAD!!
  • A lot of bands do good covers of Beatles songs. Aerosmith with Come Together, Cheap Trick with Magical Mystery Tour, etc.

I might be mad, but if they were to cover a Beatles song, I think those would be ideal.

Edit: OK Go has talent, so I think they could pull it off. But when bands cover Beatles songs when they absolutely suck, then yes I would be like you.

My sister went to an Aaron Carter concert a couple of years ago and he sang "Imagine" . . . he even "Played" the piano. My aunt was there and she said he butchered it. I felt like hunting him down and pulling his crappy vocal chords out. How in the hell can someone who sang a song "That's How I Beat Shaq" sing "Imagine"?!?!

Now that's insane.
  • Aerosmith did Helter Skelter which was pretty good, other than that ive only really heard a few people do justice to beatles songs. Best being Joe Cocker - With A Little Help From my Friends. Amazing cover
  • Dont forget Eddie Vedder did "Hide Your Love Away" it was beautiful. totally caught the feeling of the song. And I like the idea of the doing "Ballroom Blitz" I can hear it now.... "Are you ready Tim? Andy? Dan? Well alright fellas, Lets go!!!!" That would be sublime biggrin.gif
  • i really like rocket man by elton john lol but i dunno if it would be a good one for the boys to cover
  • elton john? *shudder*
  • rufus wainwright (who is playing with ok go later and i so wish i could go! even though it is kind of an odd pairing...) did an awesome cover of across the universe
  • "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads.

And you may ask yourself
    What is that beautiful house?
    And you may ask yourself
    Where does that highway go?
    And you may ask yourself
    Am I right?...Am I wrong?
    And you may tell yourself
    MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?