In this Discussion

4o year old virgin

edited November -1 in General Discussion
has anyone else seen this movie? it's freaking HILARIOUS.
especially the waxing scene. you could tell none of them were acting

Comments

• I've been wanting to see that movie ever since I've heard about it! I'm definitely going to see it!

Did anyone see Steve Carell on Conan last week? Haha, Joyless Laughter Man is too funny! biggrin.gif laugh.gif
  • he he, Steve Carell is so awesome. I just saw this movie yesterday and it was quite funny.

"You wait for the seed to grow into a plant. And then you fuck the plant!"
  • so is it gross hilarious (Van Wilder) or is it funny hilarious (some other movie I haven't seen).

Cause if it's gross hilarious I don't think I want to see it.
  • 40 year old virgin?! How did they know about me?
  • no its not gross.. at least i didn't think so. it's like harold and kumar funny except instead of all the funny stuff being referred to pot, the funny stuff is referred to sex.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Aug 21 2005, 08:28 PM)
    has anyone else seen this movie? it's freaking HILARIOUS.
    especially the waxing scene. you could tell none of them were acting

I do enjoy that actor in the american version of "the office"
    even though the british one is soo much better!
  • i cant wait to see 40 year old virgin . hes a good actor and i think hes super.lol
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Aug 22 2005, 08:38 AM)
    I do enjoy that actor in the american version of "the office"
    even though the british one is soo much better!

I love that show!!! Both versions are great. I was going to see that movie today, but the crazy person caught me trying to sneek in. I mean come on! I am 16, I am close enough to 17. That girl looked like she was 15 to be honest and she kicked me out.
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 22 2005, 08:04 PM)
    I love that show!!! Both versions are great. I was going to see that movie today, but the crazy person caught me trying to sneek in. I mean come on! I am 16, I am close enough to 17. That girl looked like she was 15 to be honest and she kicked me out.

I am still pissed off at that girl who kicked us out!! At least you spilled your Icee on the floor and refused to clean it up. AHH The Office (NBC version) is available to buy now!!! Seriously, for my birthday GET ME THAT!!
  • Haha, I completely forgot that I can now go to rated-R movies by myself now!

I'm going to see this movie before I go back to school, I've decided that much.
  • what are R rated movies??

In the UK we have U, PG, 12A, 15 and 18....

ages being quite explanitory, U for everyone, PG for parental guidance, 12A meaning if you're under 12 you need an adult with you lol.
  • I feel more cultured now jen thx HAHAHA

R is kinda like the 18 movie thing in ur motherland!
  • In Australia we have

G - General exhibition for all ages

PG - Parental Guidance For persons under 15 years

M15+ - Recommended audience 15 years and older or something like that

MA15+ - Viewers under 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or something

R 18+ - Restricted to viewers 18 years and older or something

I want to see that movie so much, but nobody in Australia knows about it yet, I only read about it on imdb.com (MY DAD'S LISTED ON THERE!!!) yeah and from what I've read, even if it was down under I probabl wouldn't be allowed to see it, seeing that I'm 13... But I am like 5 foot 9 so hmmm if I went with my two friends who are like 6 foot tall we probably would be let in.

Yeah I actually really didn't like the American the Office that much (Lol that jelly) and I agree that the English one is sooo good... Whoa probably longest post of mine here ever...

If you love me post a smile smile.gif
  • I finally saw it. Okay, this might be my motherly instinct talking(even though I am 16 and not a mother), but I think there was a little bit too much swearing. I mean when that Indian guy just kept swearing and such...I mean come on. It was funny at certain parts but then other parts made my friend and I look at the wall and begin to admire it. Know what I mean? If not, we just felt uncomfortable looking at the screen. Yeah, that's right I am a 16 year old goodie goodie. cool.gif
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 23 2005, 09:58 PM)
    I finally saw it. Okay, this might be my motherly instinct talking(even though I am 16 and not a mother), but I think there was a little bit too much swearing. I mean when that Indian guy just kept swearing and such...I mean come on. It was funny at certain parts but then other parts made my friend and I look at the wall and begin to admire it. Know what I mean? If not, we just felt uncomfortable looking at the screen. Yeah, that's right I am a 16 year old goodie goodie.  cool.gif

I'd have to agree with you on that. I thought it was very funny for the most part, but just had some unnecessary shit in it. Also, the second half was kinda boring. Steve Carell is amazing though, so gotta love it!

hahaha you falling down the stairs in the theater was sooo funny, almost funnier than the movie.
  • lol be quiet setsumi

we all know youre not 40...and even if you were...no one would believe you anyway!!!

and yes, i saw this movie. it was HI-LA-RIOUS!!!

i love paul rudd. i didnt even know hed be in the movie. and then he was. and i was oh so happy. hahaha hes gorgeous and a half.

the ending though...lol i cant even think about how weird/ perfect/ hilarious is was.
  • I've seen the movie twice and will probably see it a third time tommorrow. Hillarious movie.
  • That waxing scene, so painful... and when I found out it was all real, no effects... I felt so sorry for the guy!
  • this film has kat dennings in yes?

therefore making it one of the best films ever made..
  • who's kat dennings?