In this Discussion

chucks

edited November -1 in General Discussion
i got a pair of plaid chucks. i love them. now my friend wants to steal them. haha. never! MINE!

Comments

• Chucks! I love Chucks! I got my first pair of classic black and white for my birthday, and now I want every pair that I see. Come to think of it...I think I want to steal yours too! Mwahahaha!!!
  • chucks are wonderful... i finally got a pair this summer and i absolutely love them wOOt!
  • I have a pair of black ones. I love them so much. Sadly, people at my school think that I am trying to punk with those lovely shoes. Let me just say that I am not punk. I refuse to give into them, so I just wear them even more now.
  • hehe im very punk and all my friends wear chucks.even the guys..hehe.its like our other mascot.the first one is the broken umbrella
  • oh converses... i had always wanted them as a wee kiddie, but we could never afford them. i remember the first pair i ever bought, a pair of red jack purcells with three velcro bands. i was so happy and kind of proud. biggrin.gif
    i have a pair of low top maroon and grey plaid flannel chuck taylors that i love to bits. i'm distraught that they don't make them anymore. i also have a pair of classic high top maroon chucks. i love how chucks kind of mold around the feet after a while. you can wear them forever and they'll still be cool, no matter how raggedy. cool.gif
  • ah yes...how true. I love how they look better when they are all raggedy and dirty.
  • i got the best deal on a new pair of chucks $15 totally happy. my friend works @ hot topic and get like 50% discount, she bought them and then realizes they don't fit her and sells them to me. it was a great deal biggrin.gif
  • I get weird looks when I walk into hot topic. That was random, I know...
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 27 2005, 11:07 PM)
    I get weird looks when I walk into hot topic. That was random, I know...

yah i get weird looks too! like i shouldn't be there, im like calm down i just want a cheap trick shirt and franz ferdinand shirt. and then i will leave in peace
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Aug 27 2005, 11:16 PM)
    yah i get weird looks too! like i shouldn't be there, im like calm down i just want a cheap trick shirt and franz ferdinand shirt. and then i will leave in peace

Yeah, I go in there for the family guy buttons and stickers, those are pretty awesome. Also, i just saw you live journal...I love that picture of ok go kind of getting hit by a car...where did you get that from?
  • i'm not so much in to chucks. i'm more in to my pumas.
    too bad for me's everywhere they no longer make them in those colors. they only make white/white, black/black and white black.

• QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 28 2005, 12:07 AM)
    I get weird looks when I walk into hot topic. That was random, I know...

hehe i never get weird looks when i go in there.
    if u dont want to get weird looks wear a black shirt.
    its strange but it works.some chunky jewlry works.
  • I think 99% of people get weird looks when they go in there...I buy chucks online--I think they're cheaper than the stores I find them in here.
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 27 2005, 11:07 PM)
    I get weird looks when I walk into hot topic.

that's their way of saying hello...
  • I get strange looks when I go in there, too. Ha, the other day I was wearing a bright green shirt and I walked in to Hot Topic. I was looked at by everyone, "Why the hell are you in here?"

For the band shirts, of course.

But everyone is nice. They say hello and ask me how I'm doing.

But back to the topic, I got my first pair of chucks this year! black, I want some green ones though. OH OH OH! And the John Lennon ones! I would never wear them, I wouldn't want them to be ruined . . . they are too precious. Yes, I'm a Beatles freak.
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 27 2005, 11:20 PM)
    Yeah, I go in there for the family guy buttons and stickers, those are pretty awesome. Also, i just saw you live journal...I love that picture of ok go kind of getting hit by a car...where did you get that from?

thanks, i found that picture on some website, i don't really remember when, its been so long.

yah i agree pumas are way better. i love anything puma. damn i want this cute bag someone had from puma. awww and i miss my old blue pumas. when i go back to san antonio im so going to the puma store.

as for right now i have checkered vans, light pink and brown.
  • i saw a baby in a black stroller with his goth parents behind him.the baby was all dressed up with a bone binky and a skull outfit.i must say that was AWESOME!!! im so gona do that when i have kids. that was suhweet.lol

the ppl in hot topic arent tryin to give weird looks to everybody.its just all the tatoos and piercings and somewhat blank faces makes it hard to tell.
  • No reason for this other than that I just uploaded this picture for something else.

My purple chucks are made 100x more awesome by my rainbow laces:

Yep.
  • QUOTE (lizziev @ Aug 29 2005, 07:57 PM)
    No reason for this other than that I just uploaded this picture for something else.

My purple chucks are made 100x more awesome by my rainbow laces:

Yep.

ohhh they is perty!
    and i must say ur rainbow laces do make them uber awesome shoes
  • Where did you find those shoes? I must know. The only color chucks we have in the stores around me are red, yellow, green and black. How lame is that.

I'm going to yell at journey's so they can get some purple ones in, and tell them to bring back the john lennon ones.