In this Discussion

school

Comments

• Ooh! I'm studying abroad next year in Ireland...spring semester....conveniently the same time as everyone else I know. lol. Wierd. And then, once classes are done, we're gonna take a couple weeks and backpack across Europe. Yes! Who's game?

Also, I want to transfer to either Chicago or LA...it's such a tough decision!
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Aug 23 2005, 04:10 PM)
    holy crap! I'm leaving for my first year of college tomorrow...I'm so excited but also nervous  (I'm going to Tulane in New Orleans, which is just over 1000 miles from home  blink.gif)

Are you guys excited about school starting? annoyed? feeling anything at all about it?

I graduated from college last December so I'm actually done with school now. Thank God! I am, however, moving about 1600 miles away from home next week. I am excited....but really really nervous! For college, I only lived about 150 miles away.

~Jill
  • uhm.. im just a freshman...im younger than u.hehe
  • I just started my junior year of high school today. I want to kill myself already. I have bio class with quite possibly the biggest whores ever. Well, they wish...actually I have brit lit with a girl with an STD and some other girl I do not like...I am overwhelmed by my spanish class and there is absolutly no one in my ethics class to talk to. This is going to be a long year.
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 25 2005, 07:32 PM)
    I just started my junior year of high school today. I want to kill myself already. I have bio class with quite possibly the biggest whores ever. Well, they wish...actually I have brit lit with a girl with an STD and some other girl I do not like...I am overwhelmed by my spanish class and there is absolutly no one in my ethics class to talk to. This is going to be a long year.

Junior year is a long year. I hated most of it. ACT, ASVAB, MEAPs, PSAT. So many standardized tests . . . I'm done with tests like that forever. I took my ACT test twice, which proved absolutely nothing. I'm not taking my SAT because Columbia doesn't even require your ACT, which I think is awesome. Plus, I don't want to spend $41 to sit in a classroom for 5 hours filling in circles.
  • sigh

high school does indeed suck...but you just have to take it one day at a time...otherwise you'll want to shoot yourself

i got invited to do this chemistry workshop over the summer in columbia

and my god is their campus GORGEOUS...sigh i want to go there as well...but for the sciences. i want to be a toxicologist

anyhow im going into my junior year of high school. lol at least ill be able to drive in 5 months! and yeah. school is just so busy during the actual school year that you rarely realize how much it sucks

but i am so excited to go to college. my brother is going into his sophomore year at brown, and i helped him move in last week...it was all so exciting. i'm so very jealous of him.
  • QUOTE (sara with no h @ Aug 28 2005, 11:13 AM)
    sigh

high school does indeed suck...but you just have to take it one day at a time...otherwise you'll want to shoot yourself

i got invited to do this chemistry workshop over the summer in columbia

and my god is their campus GORGEOUS...sigh i want to go there as well...but for the sciences. i want to be a toxicologist

Are we talking about the same Columbia? The Columbia in Chicago mostly offers arts and entertainment majors, like photography and journalism.
  • I think she means Columbia University. I mean columbia college in chicago isn't that beautiful, because it's right in the city. ANyway, you can drive in 5 months but you're a junior? Are you not 16 yet or are you not allowed to drive at age 16? Sorry, but I am facinated (spelling??) by different driving laws in other states.
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 28 2005, 11:47 AM)
    I think she means Columbia University. I mean columbia college in chicago isn't that beautiful, because it's right in the city. ANyway, you can drive in 5 months but you're a junior? Are you not 16 yet or are you not allowed to drive at age 16? Sorry, but I am facinated (spelling??) by different driving laws in other states.

I applied to Columbia U and got rejected. So did my friend, who is a freaking genius and would have been perfect at that school, so I'm a little bitter towards them...

In Virginia, you can get your permit at 15 and 6 months, and you can't get your license until you are at least 16 and 3 months. And I think New Jersey is really strict, like 16 for permit and 17 for license or something like that.
  • HAHA how could I not come see you if you came to the UK roro? that's be like, blatant, hmmm I can't think of the right word, maybe it'll come to when I'm better, i'm still really ill, got me all antibioticed up and everything sad.gif its not fair lol

negelect, i'd be neglecting you haha. yea come see me, i got a dead sexy house wink.gif and we can partay down london style HAHA
  • Sarah,
    How did Tulane fair after the hurricane? You OK down there?
  • Tulane was evacuated and is closed for at least a month and a half--it's in an area of the city that will be one of the last places to flood, and the campus itself wasn't damaged too severely, but the rest of the city is destroyed, and that has to be fixed before we can go back. Right now my parents and I are trying to get me into a VA school for at least this semester.
  • Good luck Sarah!!! I lived in Charlottesville for 4 years while my hubby was in grad school at UVA.....I kinda miss the mountains.......

Hope you won't have too much trouble getting caught up.......I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Take care!
  • Since the situation is so weird at Tulane, I'm now enrolled at UVA for this semester and I'm starting tomorrow...everyone wish me luck! I've missed 7 days of one of my classes, so I'll need as much luck as I can get...
  • good luck!!! but i'm sure everything'll go fine for you!!!!

i'm really glad you weren't hurt at all though, you're so fortunate!!

have fun at school!!!
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 1 2005, 10:28 AM)
    Since the situation is so weird at Tulane, I'm now enrolled at UVA for this semester and I'm starting tomorrow...everyone wish me luck! I've missed 7 days of one of my classes, so I'll need as much luck as I can get...

That's cool that you're going ahead and taking classes. If I were you, I would have probably taken the semester off and worked full-time. I hope it all works out for you, and I'm praying for everyone down there.
  • gooood luck
    my friend wanted to apply there this year to go next year. but now i dont know how she's gonna do that. she had her heart set on tulane since shes from LA.
  • Good luck Sarah!!! You gotta go visit one of my old favorite spots.......Southern Culture (YUM!) and check out Starr Hill for some great shows!!!

Have fun while you're there!! smile.gif

P.S. We just found out that they are relocating some of the LA kids here (to Georgia Southern University, near Savannah) where I work now.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 1 2005, 11:35 PM)
    gooood luck
    my friend wanted to apply there this year to go next year. but now i dont know how she's gonna do that. she had her heart set on tulane since shes from LA.

No, tell her to do it--applying isn't binding, and we are all planning to be back there by next fall at the latest....there will be hell to pay from us Tulane kids if the city doesn't let us back by then.

Thanks everyone, UVA seems pretty cool and I should do okay in classes. And I got asked out the first night I was here, which definitely improves it's status in my mind...haha.

Where are those two places, Bertie? I'm very limited in my ability to get off campus since I don't have a car and no one I know here does either...
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 6 2005, 10:38 PM)
    And I got asked out the first night I was here, which definitely improves it's status in my mind...haha.

oooooh what did you say haha
    was he hot wink.gif lol