In this Discussion

talk shows

Comments

• QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Sep 8 2005, 11:38 PM)
    Well that was fabulous. The boys looked great, and they rocked out. God I love them.

i'm actually a little mad that i'm not the new ok go guitar player

(this is based on many reasons)
  • They looked good (yay! haircuts) and they sounded good. And they seemed a little nervous, which is cute.
  • must find a video of this

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease
  • they looked nervous? that IS adorable.
  • OH NO! I missed it! sad.gif
    I'll have to wait for a re-run or for someone to put it online, I guess. mellow.gif
  • There is no such cool tv show in Japan sad.gif .

QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 6 2005, 03:22 PM)
    and i dont even live in america. so i'll never get to see them ever!!!

But, the boys have played at TOTP before!!!!
  • Oh dear god....OKGO on the same show as the Blue Collar Comedy boys!!!! I couldn't believe it.....Those 2 CDs (OKGO and BCCT) are the two most-played CDs in my car. I knew every word to DWYW and Jeff Foxworthy's jokes.

I know, I'm a sad little redneck. What I wanna know is......did the boys get to sign Jay's motorcycle?!?!?! What a great performance!

COME BACK TO GEORGIA, OKGO!!!
  • um... it was ok.

Maybe I just don't like that song.
  • QUOTE (Leikela4 @ Sep 9 2005, 01:20 PM)
    um... it was ok.

Damian was definitely talk-singing more than he usually does (does that make sense?). Chalk that up to nerves, maybe? Musically, it sounded very tight.
  • I taped it. Now I can watch it forever and ever. Yay!
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 9 2005, 02:08 PM)
    Damian was definitely talk-singing more than he usually does (does that make sense?). Chalk that up to nerves, maybe? Musically, it sounded very tight.

Really? To me, it sounded like one of the guitars was out of tune a bit. Perhaps it was just me though.
  • I watched it again, I think it sounds pretty accurate. Maybe you have better trained ears than I do lol.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 9 2005, 05:11 PM)
    I watched it again, I think it sounds pretty accurate. Maybe you have better trained ears than I do lol.

Heh naw. I kinda watched it late at night with the volume not that good. I wish i taped it. Anyways I'd have to watch it again before I could say for sure. Eh. It was probably nothing.
  • i thought the guitar was a little off tune too, i also thought Damian sounded a little deeper than usual...i dunno i was still glad to see them, Damian got a major hair cut again
  • I remember once, now do NOT quote me on this, but Sefiers comment made me think, but i once heard someone say that when they perform live on stage they dont mind but playing on a tv show - ie a chat show - that they can hear their voice more and generally sing deeper. In my head at this moment it was Ok Go in some interview. But, it is more than likely it was someone else.

I really dont know why i posted this
  • QUOTE (Seifer @ Sep 9 2005, 06:20 PM)
    i thought the guitar was a little off tune too, i also thought Damian sounded a little deeper than usual...i dunno  i was still glad to see them, Damian got a major hair cut again

Bands always sound so strange on talk shows....Damian's voice was definitely deeper, and it did seem like the guitar was a little off, although I really only noticed it right at the beginning.

I have to admit that I was kinda sad that Damian got a haircut before the show, but I mean, I guess I can't really begrudge someone for cutting their own damn hair. It's probably obnoxious to deal with it being longer.

Wouldn't it be nice if they could both perform a song and then do the dance on the same show? That way people would understand that they actually do play instruments and all, but also get to enjoy the greatness that is four grown men in suits jumping around. It'd be nice for Carson- he has absolutely nothing going for him except the bands he gets anyway.
  • i think lots of people sound deeper live.
  • well live Damian sounds normal but its just at this tv show it was deeper a little off on the guitars and was a little fast i think, but its all good they are much better in person though
  • VIDEO PLEEEEASE!!!
  • Maybe. Juuuuuuuuuust Maybe. I have the video. It's too big to share here. It's the full leno show. 350, give or take a few, mb. Message me on aim at vendromeda or on msn at vendromeda@hotmail.com. it's too big to e-mail. Don't bother repyling with "send it here" and throwing in your e-mail address. I'm willing to meet people halfway. You gottta have msn or aim or some way for me to get the file to you.

Best of luck, friends.