In this Discussion

talk shows

Comments

• QUOTE (Alferd Packer @ Sep 10 2005, 01:38 AM)
    VIDEO PLEEEEASE!!!

here you go kids, sorry for the quality, it's the best i could do...

do what you want on leno
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Sep 10 2005, 10:48 AM)
    here you go kids, sorry for the quality it's the best i could do...

do what you want on leno

*gasp* oh em gee... darbie i love you! lol... thank you for posting that b/c i've been dying to see the performance b/c i don't have a tv... u just made my day biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (w00t @ Sep 10 2005, 09:01 AM)
    *gasp*  oh em gee... darbie i love you! lol... thank you for posting that b/c i've been dying to see the performance b/c i don't have a tv... u just made my day biggrin.gif

you're welcome biggrin.gif
  • Darbie rocks my socks to no end....thanks so much!

I thought they did sound slightly different than usually--deeper and I agree about a guitar sounding out of tune.

As long as Andy doesn't cut his hair....what a cutie....haha
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 10 2005, 11:54 AM)
    Darbie rocks my socks to no end....thanks so much!
    I thought they did sound slightly different than usually--deeper and I agree about a guitar sounding out of tune.

As long as Andy doesn't cut his hair....what a cutie....haha

damian definately sounded deeper.... i didn't think they sounded that much different than usually ( although i've only ever seen them once) but at the beginning of the song they sounded a little off.... but it was only at the beginning and the rest of the song was fine
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Sep 10 2005, 07:48 AM)

do what you want on leno

Oh my gosh, I love you so much right now.

The station that used to have NBC in San Francisco stopped carrying it, so I've had to live without NBC for like 5 years (do you know how hard it is to live without Conan). The only way I could get it is if I had cable, but I have cheap Asian parents so that's not happening. Then none of my friends would tape Leno for me, so I was sad, but now I'm very, very happy.
  • darbie, you freaking rock!!!
  • QUOTE (powerhouse @ Sep 10 2005, 09:02 PM)
    darbie, you freaking rock!!!

why thank you *takes a bow* you're all very welcome, happy i could help...
  • Sounds like there needs to be a forum dedicated to darbie again.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Sep 10 2005, 09:39 PM)
    Sounds like there needs to be a forum dedicated to darbie again.

i could not agree more...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Sep 10 2005, 08:48 AM)

do what you want on leno

Thank you! I wanted to watch, but my roommate was using the TV to watch Weezer on Letterman. Plus, by the time the late night shows came on that night I was pretty much walking around like a zombie and not comprehending anything that was going on around me. Sad, but true. Anyway, thanks again! So glad I got to see it anyway.
  • Thanks so much Darbie! I just moved and i got my tv back the day that it was on, but I didn't get internet till the next day. Let me just tell you I was pretty pissed at the cable company when I read my email and saw that they were on Leno and I could have tivo'd them but I didn't know they were gonna be on because the cable tech isn't competent enough to hook up the internet too.
  • is anyone going to go to the carson taping on the 15th?
  • No. I wish I could. Damn him for being in LA, all the way across the United States. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Sadie @ Sep 6 2005, 06:45 AM)
    From the website:
    Last Call with Carson Daly on Sept. 18th

Okay, maybe this is just a regional thing, but maybe someone knows better than me.

Isn't last call only on on weekdays (Technically Tuesday-Saturday as it airs at 1:30 am or something here in Ohio?), the same as things like leno and conan? And isn't the 18th sunday?

I was browsing forward in my digital video recorder (not only to tape ok go, but to also tape the bravery and kathy griffin/kasabian who are supposedly being taped the nights before ok go according to the place you can get tickets for the show at, so I figured they'd be on friday and saturday), and I don't know if it's just messed up or what, but it shows no kasabian playing on friday, and there's not even a last call on saturday or sunday (well, there is on saturday, but it's 2:30am saturday, so it's fridays show)...

And the show on the 17th @ 1:30am says Blues Traveler is playing, not Kasabian...

So basically this is what it's saying:

16th @ 1:30am: doesn't say what band, but david cross and jaime cross are guests
    17 @ 1:30am: blues traveler
    18: no show, it's the weekend

Basically, I'm seriously confused. huh.gif And very worried I'm going to miss the guys dancing. Which would be tragic, because my mom really wants to see Dan dance. She totally has a crush on him. biggrin.gif
  • Hmmm...interesting point about the 18th being a weekend and all. That can't be right.

Carson usually tapes a week ahead of time, so if I had to guess I would say that the OK Go show will air on the 22nd. But that's just a guess.
  • Hopefully this will make you a little less confused... here's where you can see who's playing on what days:

Last Call with Carson Daly

They usually update it the week before, so any day now they should fill in what the schedule for next week is going to look like.
  • QUOTE (jezebelseven @ Sep 12 2005, 01:40 AM)
    Okay, maybe this is just a regional thing, but maybe someone knows better than me.

Isn't last call only on on weekdays (Technically Tuesday-Saturday as it airs at 1:30 am or something here in Ohio?), the same as things like leno and conan? And isn't the 18th sunday?

Yeah, I made a post about this and I don't think anyone had an official answer. I guess we'll see - there was an email announcement the day of the Leno appearance, so maybe we'll get one the day of Last Call and at least have a few hours' notice.

Or maybe it'll be straightened out in the meantime.
    Sep 10, 2005

Last Call w/Carson Daly

Attention! OK Go will be bringing their hip-shaking hijinx to Los Angeles on Thursday, September 15th, where they will be performing on Last Call with Carson Daly.

That's on the front page of the OK GO site. But then on the Last Call site, it says The Donnas are the musical performers. Now I'm confused. huh.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 12 2005, 11:20 AM)
    Hopefully this will make you a little less confused... here's where you can see who's playing on what days:

Last Call with Carson Daly

They usually update it the week before, so any day now they should fill in what the schedule for next week is going to look like.

If you follow that link, that's when the shows are airing on TV. The date that's on the website (Sept. 15) is the day that they are taping it in the studios (in case anyone wanted to go to the taping).