In this Discussion

WikiPedia - Get Help/Make Suggestions Thread

edited November -1 in OK Go
Think something needs to be added to one of the ok go pages, but you don't have the knowledge or ambition? think there's a cool page that has nothing to do with ok go but think other people should look at it anyway? want to work on something with somebody else?

do all that here.

Comments

• i lack ambition, but tim and dan are in need of bios of some sort... and here's a link to ok gos wikipedia for the lazy people out there http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ok_Go...
  • I have no idea whether or not I could do anything to help form this (as I'm partially Internet-illiterate), but I seriously think there should be an OK Go fan database, where we'd all get together and pool on one site all of our photographs, interviews, scans, links, information, everything we've got. That way, whenever anybody's looking for something, we all have one huge database to turn to.

Don't know how well that would work. But I think it would be cool. biggrin.gif
  • I guess if you're looking for more information to add, you could say something about how his sister, who used to be a professional ballroom dancer helped choreograph the dance, (she did , didn't she?) which has now become the most downloaded music video ever. They recently performed live on the roof of the Olive Garden in Times Square for New Yorks annual New Year's Eve countdown.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jan 4 2006, 10:52 PM)
    i lack ambition, but tim and dan are in need of bios of some sort... and here's a link to ok gos wikipedia for the lazy people out there http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ok_Go...
    Thanks for the link! I prefer convenience. biggrin.gif
    And I agree: give Tim and Dan some bios!

Also, I think the dance to C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips performed on Chica-go-go should be mentioned! Alas, I'm not sure I could get all the details correct.
  • I just realised that my suggestion was totally not in the context of the Wikipedia thing. Hee hee. Ooops. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 4 2006, 11:42 PM)
    I just realised that my suggestion was totally not in the context of the Wikipedia thing. Hee hee. Ooops. biggrin.gif

sure it was, 'cause if we had that database, we could put a link to it on wikipedia *nods head*
  • While Andy Duncan is described as "founding guitar/keyboard player" on the OK Go page, his bio link only says: "Andy Duncan was the keyboardist for the Chicago band OK Go." I think it's important to mention guitar on his bio page!

And what about bio links for Burleigh and Ara?
  • I think it should say that Ok Go is now based in LA, and lives at the roxy. But I think Dan lives somewhere else, doesn't he?
  • Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, this suggestion is on behalf of deprived current and future fans of OK Go: find a way to rerelease the Chica-go-go performance...on tape, DVD, online, whatever! There's a killiing to be made...the killing of questions and requests about it, if not a fortune!

...and that will add extra promotional purpose to mentioning that performance on the WikiPedia page.
  • I think Dan lives in New York.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jan 5 2006, 02:00 AM)
    sure it was, 'cause if we had that database, we could put a link to it on wikipedia *nods head*

Yay!

I think Dan lives in New York.

Yeah, I'm 99% sure he lives in New York.
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Jan 5 2006, 01:03 AM)
    While Andy Duncan is described as "founding guitar/keyboard player" on the OK Go page, his bio link only says: "Andy Duncan was the keyboardist for the Chicago band OK Go."  I think it's important to mention guitar on his bio page!

done!
  • This is causing my brain to hurt slightly and my nose to bleed! BUT THE bOARDIES CAN DO THIS w00t?
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jan 6 2006, 01:55 PM)
    This is causing my brain to hurt slightly and my nose to bleed! BUT THE bOARDIES CAN DO THIS w00t?
    this post and lack of responses sadden me...
  • AAUUGH! I don't know what to do to make it better. I've read it like twenty times! And I come up with nothing. I'm a relatively new fan, though, so...what are your excuses, guys? I'll keep trying though. I don't want to let the team down, right? unsure.gif
  • O! I know. We could add some board charts. Like Get Over It reached number four right? Or maybe we could add background information about each of the members. I don't know if that kind of information belongs on Wikipedia, though. But at least it's something. Are we supposed to play around with the words so that maybe it sounds more professional, or what? WHAT DO I DO?! cool.gif I'm cool, now. It's over.
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Jan 9 2006, 01:31 AM)
    O! I know. We could add some board charts. Like Get Over It reached number four right? Or maybe we could add background information about each of the members. I don't know if that kind of information belongs on Wikipedia, though. But at least it's something. Are we supposed to play around with the words so that maybe it sounds more professional, or what? WHAT DO I DO?! cool.gif I'm cool, now. It's over.

Damian and Rusty have separate bio pages, but the info's really kind of lacking, and as far as I know, Dan and Tim don't have anything.

Adding important chart numbers would be good. I didn't know "Get Over It" got to number four- which board was it? And didn't Oh No debut or reach number one on Billboard's indie/up-and-coming list?

Add anything important that you know.

Also, somebody should add the EPs and singles. I said I was going to do that, but I never did. rolleyes.gif

Ooooh, Damian's op-ed, the link should be up there, too...
  • what have we actully added so far then?

by we i mean not me..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 11 2006, 06:02 PM)
    what have we actully added so far then?

by we i mean not me..

Not much, by the looks of it. I added "How Your Band Can Fire Bush" and the fact that "A Million Ways" has been downloaded over 3 million times. Someone added the fact that Andy Duncan was the guitarist and keyboardist, not just keyboardist, for the band originally. Errr, that's about all I see.

Guys, we're getting an F on this group project...
  • would it be wrong to make up facts? such as

"OKGo have won the HFoC award for greatness 4 years running"