In this Discussion

Exams

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I'm in the middle of my uni exams at the moment (one down, one to go), and not doing anywhere near enough work. My one today went ok, could have been better, could have been worse I guess - but I should have started working on it a bit earlier, I didn't know as much as I should. And it's all dawned on me that as I'm in my 2nd year... It all counts! mellow.gif But it still doesn't motivate me.

And I just love questions like "Evaluate the assertion that 'The differences in content and approach between physcial and human geography have been over-emphasized' ". Meh.

Comments

• I've been working on my theatre midterm for the past few hours. It's the one midterm I'm really happy to have (though my English essay concerning the retelling of the Adam and Eve story by contemporary authors as a result of redefining gender roles is pretty kickass too).

I spent 2.5 hours designing costumes.
    That, my dear OK Go friends, is HEAVEN.
  • I have two more exams tomorrow. Brit. Lit. and Art.
  • Ummm, I finished my exams. Before Christmas. biggrin.gif (And believe me, it was one effing hell of a time trying to get three papers and two finals done in a week.)

Classes haven't even started for me yet. biggrin.gif more.

But, yeah, hopefully I'm going to study abroad next year in France, and I looked at the schedule, and apparently la Sorbonne has 15 days of Christmas/Holiday break, and THEN finals. How much does that suck?

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 19 2006, 10:24 PM)
    I spent 2.5 hours designing costumes.
    That, my dear OK Go friends, is HEAVEN.

Oooh. biggrin.gif I'm taking a costume design course next semester. Well, I want to. I'm waitlisted, but I'm only like, second or third on the list.
  • HAHA! i go to art school so there are no exams! except for art history, i hated art history! damned art history.
  • My exams happen before Christmas this year. biggrin.gif
  • I finished my exams today. it wasn't bad. I knew more on my English/Brit. Lit. exam then I thought I would.
  • Am meant to be revising, for my one on Tuesday at the moment... Doing a very good job at avoiding it though mellow.gif
  • Yeah I had exams last semester before Christmas. Morning exams suck so much.

And I'm not looking forward to finals this spring because the New Orleans Jazz Festival is the same week, and it will be ridiculously distracting.
  • ive only ever passed 3 exams in my life

i am a born failer =D

and i cant even spell failer...
  • Exams were postponed one day due to snow.

Dear weather,
    sometimes I wish you were a person so I could hug you. Lots.
    Love,
    Me
  • you can hug a snowman
    he wont ever say "no man"
    but then he will die
    and i shall cry

TADA
  • holy crap this computer is to fast for me!

i smell many double posts coming..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 23 2006, 06:22 PM)
    you can hug a snowman
    he wont ever say "no man"
    but then he will die
    and i shall cry
    TADA

WHOA. WHOA. That's way too much poetry than I can handle.

I'm going back to the Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock now.
  • random poetry makes the world go round
    random emo makes teh world cry
  • Last exam of the winter in just over 8 hours and I don't know enough...
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 23 2006, 02:32 PM)
    I'm going back to the Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock now.

AAAUUUGH. I'm sorry.
  • Really? It has kinda grown on me, even though ol' T.S. has the tendency to wax, well, annoying.
  • haha.

exams...

I had midterms (terms? mid-years? i dunno) last week.
    I actually really like having midterms, I aced latin (95) and math(101) and I know I did well on Chem too, just havent had a class since the quiz. I usually do less well on english, but im not worried, and US History was just torture,(two essays on democracy and leaders of the revolution, and thats it!) but I survived.

Also, my schedule this year was really good, because teusday I went to school at 7:30 and got out at 11:45, with a total of two tests, then wed. and thurs. I got to "sleep in" and I was at school at 9:45 and out by 11:45, only one test those days. Friday I had to get up regular time but I was out at 9:30 and I still had tijme to go and have a second breakfast of pancakes at a really good restauraunt down town.

mmm....yummy. I loved it. So little pressure for the whole week...

but now Im depressing myself because I am now officially back to a normal schedule and its sad.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 23 2006, 09:10 PM)
    Really?  It has kinda grown on me, even though ol' T.S. has the tendency to wax, well, annoying.

You like Prufrock? I disliked that poem sooo much. But I did like The Wasteland a lot.
  • When I first read Prufrock, it kinda annoyed me. The whole "the women come and go talking of Michaelangelo" seemed a bit juvenille in its rhyme scheme (not that I can talk, I'm an awful poet). Still, I didn't get the hype of T.S. until we read it out loud. I love the allusion to the outfits and death as a doorman (was it a doorman? coatman? whatever. It's been a while). I don't know. I don't read poetry much, I could just be stupid (which is very likely. haha).