In this Discussion

Flickr Project Instructions/Help Thread

edited November -1 in OK Go
Your new mission: OK Go is on Flickr.com, and you're going to join them. We've started a Flickr Group, and put a Flickr Slideshow on the gallery page of okgo.net.

Your job is to get a free Flickr account and start uploading your OK Go photos. Make sure you tag them with 'okgo' and other relevent words--info like location and date (in this format: 1/31/06) or descriptions like concert, "Black Cat", dance, and me). When you upload, make sure you add the pictures to the OK Go group while you're at it.

After all that, come straight back to this forum to exchange ideas, show off your photos, and do what you do best: talk nonsense. Have fun, kids.

Comments

• d'oh!.. people, please don't make my same idiotic mistake of tagging them as ok go when you upload them, and then have to go back and edit all your photos tags to okgo...
  • so they need to be tagged "okgo"

?

i have 3 very poor pics i took on my camra phone...
  • I, sadly, have zero photos of OK Go, so I can not participate in this project . . . . sad.gif

that's too bad, too. I like projects that deal with photography.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 11 2006, 01:50 PM)
    so they need to be tagged "okgo"

yes, it has to be one word, other wise it shows up as two tags, ok and go, haha...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Feb 11 2006, 04:41 PM)
    yes, it has to be one word, other wise it shows up as two tags, ok and go, haha...

Good to know.

I don't think I'm going to upload all of my pics onto Flickr, though, because I have too many of them and I just finished uploading them all to Photobucket and don't feel like doing it all over again. Just some of my faves.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Feb 11 2006, 02:42 PM)
    d'oh!.. people, please don't make my same idiotic mistake of tagging them as ok go when you upload them, and then have to go back and edit all your photos tags to okgo...

There's actually a really simple way to do this, and it doesn't take long at all. It's something I learned the easy way, when I kept forgetting tags and switching descriptions and generally screwing around and messing up with Tim's recent audioblog pictures.

Go to "Your Photos" and you should see a link on the right, between "Your Profile" and the search box that says "Edit These As A Batch?" Click on the link, and it'll put all the pictures on the same page with little text boxes. Then you can just paste okgo into the tag box for each one. You can also change the names of the photos and the descriptions. And in your case, Darbie, you can add Metro or "Empty Bottle" and maybe concert or something if you're feeling really ambitious.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 11 2006, 03:45 PM)
    Good to know.

I don't think I'm going to upload all of my pics onto Flickr, though, because I have too many of them and I just finished uploading them all to Photobucket and don't feel like doing it all over again. Just some of my faves.

That's cool. You should know, though, that you can upload big batches of photos all at once. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure I'll have to soon. There's instructions here: http://flickr.com/tools/. You can also send them by email, and have them tagged automatically. http://flickr.com/account/uploadbyemail

So. There you go. I think this will pretty cool if we get a bunch of people putting photos up.
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore,Feb 11 2006, 09:06 PM)
    That's cool.  You should know, though, that you can upload big batches of photos all at once.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure I'll have to soon.  There's instructions here: http://flickr.com/tools/.  You can also send them by email, and have them tagged automatically.  http://flickr.com/account/uploadbyemail

So.  There you go.  I think this will pretty cool if we get a bunch of people putting photos up.

Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, you may have me convinced.

*sigh*

If I fail out of college, I'm officially blaming OK Go.

*off to fiddle with pics again...*

PS: Are you still posting OPPs in the blog? 'Cause I'm in the middle of whipping up about four of them, and I was going to send the links to you when I get them done. (Plus, like, the really important pics, like the Gumdrop!OK Go sculpture. Which I may not have to send to you anyway, if I'm just going to put it up on Flickr...)
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore,Feb 11 2006, 07:01 PM)
    Go to "Your Photos" and you should see a link on the right, between "Your Profile" and the search box that says "Edit These As A Batch?"  Click on the link, and it'll put all the pictures on the same page with little text boxes.  Then you can just paste okgo into the tag box for each one.  You can also change the names of the photos and the descriptions.  And in your case, Darbie, you can add Metro or "Empty Bottle" and maybe concert or something if you're feeling really ambitious.

thanks for the tip mr. who i will not name but adore nonetheless...
  • Umm, yeah I've got a few hundred close ups of the guys on a million different accounts online (Carin knows, we take LOTS of photos) ... but when you've been to dozens of shows, they add up. I'll have to try to upload them sometime this weekend.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Feb 12 2006, 12:26 AM)
    Umm, yeah I've got a few hundred close ups of the guys on a million different accounts online (Carin knows, we take LOTS of photos) ... but when you've been to dozens of shows, they add up. I'll have to try to upload them sometime this weekend.

Haha, I probably don't have nearly as many as you, 'cause I've only been to 4 shows, but if things keep going they way they are and I keep taking close to 200 pics at each show, I'll be in the same boat as you.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 11 2006, 11:58 PM)
    Haha, I probably don't have nearly as many as you, 'cause I've only been to 4 shows, but if things keep going they way they are and I keep taking close to 200 pics at each show, I'll be in the same boat as you.

Haha, the last 3 or 4 shows, I've stopped taking pictures at... I realized that it's a lot more fun when you're not stuck behind the lens most of the time. Plus, most of my pictures start to look the same anyways.

http://community.webshots.com/user/sweetpea0431

That's some of them (well, I weeded through a ton to narrow it down for just those few shows).. I'm gonna attempt to do the Flickr thing though. Most of my old pictures were from back before I had a digital camera.. I have them scanned, but they're not high-quality so I probably won't include them. Plus, they're just old lol.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Feb 12 2006, 01:58 AM)
    Haha, the last 3 or 4 shows, I've stopped taking pictures at... I realized that it's a lot more fun when you're not stuck behind the lens most of the time. Plus, most of my pictures start to look the same anyways.

http://community.webshots.com/user/sweetpea0431

That's some of them (well, I weeded through a ton to narrow it down for just those few shows).. I'm gonna attempt to do the Flickr thing though. Most of my old pictures were from back before I had a digital camera.. I have them scanned, but they're not high-quality so I probably won't include them. Plus, they're just old lol.

Actually, really think you should post some of the better older ones. I mean, all I've got are pics since Rusty's joined up, and I love Rusty to death, but I think that Andy should be represented in this Gallery thinger, and that's basically left up to all you fans who were here before he left. Plus, it'd be interesting- I really haven't seen that many older pics of the band. (And Damian was so damn cute when he was like, 26. He looks like he's 23. biggrin.gif)
  • ooh-ooh, i wanna participate! just don't have a lot of time and have very limited internet access right now. but i trust this project will run for a good while, so thanks Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore! cool.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Feb 11 2006, 10:26 PM)
    Umm, yeah I've got a few hundred close ups of the guys on a million different accounts online (Carin knows, we take LOTS of photos) ... but when you've been to dozens of shows, they add up. I'll have to try to upload them sometime this weekend.

Carin, how many pictures did you take during OK Go at Lolla? A couple hundred? I just remember you counted while we were waiting in line at the signing and teasing you for taking so many. That was a good day. cool.gif

QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Feb 11 2006, 11:58 PM)
    I realized that it's a lot more fun when you're not stuck behind the lens most of the time. Plus, most of my pictures start to look the same anyways.

Agreed. After so many shows, they DO all start to look the same. But I still usually end up taking pictures, because the few great shots from each show make all the other, not so awesome ones worth it.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 12 2006, 02:10 AM)
    (And Damian was so damn cute when he was like, 26. He looks like he's 23. biggrin.gif)

Are you serious? He looks like he's 23 now. In some of those early pics he looks about 18.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
  • QUOTE (Sadie @ Feb 12 2006, 03:02 AM)
    Are you serious?  He looks like he's 23 now.  In some of those early pics he looks about 18.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

LOL. Yeah, especially in the "Don't Ask Me" vid! God, he looks so young!

Actually, I've kind of noticed in the past few months that he does look a little older, but maybe that's me. And by "older," I mean 27.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 12 2006, 03:05 AM)
    Actually, I've kind of noticed in the past few months that he does look a little older, but maybe that's me. And by "older," I mean 27.

Yeah, I suppose he can't be mistaken for a college student anymore. Although he can still look pretty damned young. I was standing like, a few feet from where he was talking to some people during a recent show, and I didn't even recognize him until he walked away- he just looked like one of the million 20-something models living around here. And I mean, I looked over a handful of times during the set, you know, appreciating the gorgeousness of this random guy. And then I was like, "Ohhhh.....wow. Guess I'm going to have to give up and become a fangirl."
  • QUOTE (Sadie @ Feb 12 2006, 12:21 PM)
    And then I was like, "Ohhhh.....wow.  Guess I'm going to have to give up and become a fangirl."

Damian is so good at making that happen.
  • Hm. I'll attempt to get my old ones up, but before I do that, I want to redo a bunch of them. I realized after putting my info on most of them that I was saving them at a higher compression rate than I meant to, making all my pictures look grainier than they really are.

Worst case I'll just put up the grainy ones, or just refix the ones I like the most.