In this Discussion

Album Endings

edited November -1 in OK Go
I was just curious as to what people think about this matter, I personally love both songs, but if I had to choose it would be Bye Bye Baby.

Happy posting, Emmett

Comments

• Bye Bye Baby may be one of my favorite OK Go songs. There's something about the powerful, yet simple, opening and the way the boys harmonize that makes it so moving for me.

I just, simply, love it.
  • "The House Wins" is a really great song, but I'm really partial to "Bye Bye Baby." I agree with tonetoile- it's really powerful but really simple at the same time. It's also one of the few songs with several available recordings, which means that you can really hear how the song progressed to where it is today, which is lovely. smile.gif

Seriously, if someone ever makes a movie of my life, it's opening with "Bye Bye Baby." I don't know why, but I feel like it would fit. *dork*

(Edit: Please note that I at first thought that this was going to be a "9027 km, wtf?" thread. But I forgot that I'm at the boards, not the JC, where that is a weekly occurrence. wink.gif )
  • Had to pick "The House Wins" cuz it has one of the best lines EVER, " If evil were a lesser breed than justice, after all these years, the righteous would have freed the world of sin..." I quote it too much, get the funny look of, "you poor tortured poet" and I move on......
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 20 2006, 05:57 PM)
    (Edit: Please note that I at first thought that this was going to be a "9027 km, wtf?" thread. But I forgot that I'm at the boards, not the JC, where that is a weekly occurrence. wink.gif )

Bahaha, that's exactly what went through my head!
  • I still don't understand "9027km".... Why???
  • Let's not tarnish the thread.
  • QUOTE (Jedi3741 @ Mar 22 2006, 05:00 PM)
    I still don't understand "9027km".... Why???

That's a question for the Don't Ask Me thread. Or this thread.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 22 2006, 04:45 PM)
    That's a question for the Don't Ask Me thread. Or this thread.

Ah, sending misguided peeps to my thread. How kind of you. Yes, everyone should join the happy craziness that is my thread.

(P.S. I'm going crazy from studying, what can be done about this?)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 22 2006, 10:35 PM)
    Ah, sending misguided peeps to my thread. How kind of you. Yes, everyone should join the happy craziness that is my thread.

(P.S. I'm going crazy from studying, what can be done about this?)

Stop Studying?????
  • QUOTE (Falknerd @ Mar 22 2006, 11:59 PM)
    Stop Studying?????

Yes, yes that might work. But if I don't study who will?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 23 2006, 06:23 AM)
    Yes, yes that might work. But if I don't study who will?

(I apologize because this relates nothing to OK Go and un-relating posts annoy me...but I MUST share this!)

Speaking of not studying...I fell asleep during a lecture during my biology colloquium class and woke up to find that I had taken a full page of notes (complete with drawings and diagrams). Apparently, I can sleep with my eyes open (and take notes too). I just read my notes after class (almost undecipherable...but whatevs), and got what I needed to know.

Crazy huh?
  • i cant chose between them

its like asking a parent there fave child...if theve got more then one..

the house wins just rocks on many levels and i hope to hear it like this sunday, same goes for bye bye baby...as i didnt get to hear them last time
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Mar 23 2006, 03:34 PM)
    (I apologize because this relates nothing to OK Go and un-relating posts annoy me...but I MUST share this!)

Speaking of not studying...I fell asleep during a lecture during my biology colloquium class and woke up to find that I had taken a full page of notes (complete with drawings and diagrams).  Apparently, I can sleep with my eyes open (and take notes too).  I just read my notes after class (almost undecipherable...but whatevs), and got what I needed to know.

Crazy huh?

That's insane!
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Mar 23 2006, 04:34 PM)

Speaking of not studying...I fell asleep during a lecture during my biology colloquium class and woke up to find that I had taken a full page of notes (complete with drawings and diagrams).  Apparently, I can sleep with my eyes open (and take notes too).  I just read my notes after class (almost undecipherable...but whatevs), and got what I needed to know.

Crazy huh?

Whaaa...? Wow. That is crazy.

You can tell when I'm falling asleep from my notes, because they start going all over the place and my handwriting gets sucky...but I never draw graphs...
  • The axioms and neurons I drew looked like brocolli stalks.
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Mar 23 2006, 11:12 PM)
    The axioms and neurons I drew looked like brocolli stalks.

Wow, you must have been bored, tired, and hungry all at the same time! You are a talent wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Mar 24 2006, 01:12 AM)

HAHA. I haven't heard about axioms and neurons since AP Bio about three years ago...
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Mar 24 2006, 01:12 AM)

Oddly enough, that's kind of what they're supposed to look like. That's talent, jeez, I wish I could do that.
  • wow, this thread just went everywhere!
  • Hey! Look who's back! biggrin.gif