In this Discussion

GetToKnowYa okgo style

edited November -1 in General Discussion
so this was some bulletin on myspace, and i thought it would be cool to do it ALL for okgo instead of for 10 different bands, like it suggests. (because we all know okgo is the best anyways...) so here's the quizlet. have some fun.

What was their first song you ever heard?:

What is your favorite okgo album?:

What is your favorite okgo lyric?:

How many times have you seen okgo live?:

What is your favorite song by okgo?:

Is there a song of okgo's that makes you sad?:

How did you get into okgo?:

What is a good memory concerning okgo?:

Comments

• QUOTE (kickinshoes @ Apr 2 2006, 10:07 PM)
    so this was some bulletin on myspace, and i thought it would be cool to do it ALL for okgo instead of for 10 different bands, like it suggests. (because we all know okgo is the best anyways...) so here's the quizlet. have some fun.
    What was their first song you ever heard?:

1)Invincible
    2) I can't pick just one!!
    3) Sweetheart, you'll find mediocre people do exceptional things all the time.
    4) 2
    5)Hmm... I think Get Over It
    6)Yes. Return it makes me think of my mother
    7)From a good friend who made me go to a concert
    8)All of them. I dont have any good stories ezcept Damian yelling at that guy. Lol which was very funny.
  • What was their first song you ever heard?:
    Get Over It

Debut, OK Go

Compassion's just a nicer way of looking down your nose.

3 times, going to be 5 soon, and then 7 after that.

Bye Bye Baby

Return

I heard "Get Over It" on a train from Switzerland to Italy. I was so hungover and my friend, Ryan, and I switched ipods. I heard it and played it the entire way. I was so entranced with the lyrics, "Got a job, got a life, got a four-door and a faithless wife.
    Got those nice copper pipes, got an ex, got a room for the night.
    Aren't you such a catch?
    What a prize! Got a body like a battle
    axe... Love that perfect frown, honest eyes...
    We ought to buy you a Cadillac. "

Either the one above or seeing Damian get arrested. Hmm, toss up.
  • What was their first song you ever heard?: Get Over It

What is your favorite okgo album?: I really hate choosing favorites.

What is your favorite okgo lyric?: "Mediocre people...".. Lots of people choose it, but it's just so.. true

How many times have you seen okgo live?: Twice... Hopefully 4 in a matter of 3 months!

What is your favorite song by okgo?: Bye Bye Baby and Let it Rain

Is there a song of okgo's that makes you sad?: Return. For obvious reasons.

How did you get into okgo?: I was just born to be in love with them. No really.

What is a good memory concerning okgo?: Meeting so many amazing people from the boards. They were my first true, get in the crowd concert.
  • heh... maybe i should do it too biggrin.gif

What was their first song you ever heard?: get over it

What is your favorite okgo album?: if i had to choose, i'd pick their new one. but i love all of them

What is your favorite okgo lyric?: well... it changes constantly, but right now i like "whoever knew such hullabaloo" from It's Tough To Have a Crush

How many times have you seen okgo live?: twice

What is your favorite song by okgo?: like my fav lyric, this changes so much. right now it's Lay Low

Is there a song of okgo's that makes you sad?: Return, of course. especially when i see Damian singing it

How did you get into okgo?: Yahoo Music biggrin.gif it was a year(ish) after their 1st cd was released and i couldnt stop playing the video for Get Over It

What is a good memory concerning okgo?: meeting them! seeing them play live is a great memory
  • DUDE I "met" OK Go through yahoo also!!!
    Crazy! You're the first person who has ever done the same!
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Apr 3 2006, 05:31 AM)
    DUDE I "met" OK Go through yahoo also!!!
    Crazy! You're the first person who has ever done the same!

haha, sweet! that's how i used to find new music.... until they started taking off all my favorite videos. then i got mad and discovered Itunes.
  • Download the new Yahoo music engine, it kicks ass. I've never in my life been turned on to so many new and great artists.
  • QUOTE (kickinshoes @ Apr 2 2006, 10:33 PM)
    haha, sweet! that's how i used to find new music.... until they started taking off all my favorite videos. then i got mad and discovered Itunes.

I did that for a while! And then my cmputer stopped playing videos. But yeah. In one day I discovered 5 of my favorite bands (OK Go included).
  • What was their first song you ever heard?: "You're So Damn Hot" (on Queer Eye biggrin.gif)

What is your favorite okgo album?: Urrgh, I like them all...Oh, No

What is your favorite okgo lyric?: I have lots of favourites, but I'm going to go with "It's not just that I'm/Schizo and scared/It's not just that I'm/So unprepared" from "Bye Bye Baby." (This song is seriously my theme song. If ever there is a movie made about me, it will open and end with this song.)

How many times have you seen okgo live?: 4, will be 5 on the 26th. *excited!*

What is your favorite song by okgo?: "You're So Damn Hot"

Is there a song of okgo's that makes you sad?: "Return," not only because of the subject matter, but because I was listening to it during a really rough period of my life and that sense of loss really resonated with me. "T's Song" and "Please, Please, Please" also make me sad. But "Return" takes the cake- there's so much emotion packed into that song. I always listen to it when I need a good cry. (No, really!)

How did you get into okgo?: *sigh* Such a long story. The simple answer is I heard "YSDH" on Queer Eye. But there's a lot more to it. November of my senior year (2003) my then boyfriend of 14 months (that's a loooooooong time for high school) decided to break up with me a week before my 18th birthday. For my best friend. Of six years.

Yeah. Umm, basically, I had a really rough time getting over the whole thing, because not only did I lose my boyfriend, but I lost my best friend, and because we were all friends with the same people and in the same groups, I had to change a lot of things in my life because I just couldn't stand being around them. Oh, yeah, and there was one point, about a week after he broke up with me, where I just stopped eating for a good two weeks and lost 20 pounds. 20 pounds in 2 weeks = NOT GOOD. Obviously.

So some how I managed to drag myself through the end of November, but come December, I was depressed as hell, because I had no one to turn to and I didn't know what to do with myself. The ONLY thing that made me happy was watching Queer Eye every single time it was on television. Now, if you'll remember, late 2003 was when QE was picking up in popularity, and they were all of a sudden like, "We're releasing a soundtrack!" And I was like, "Yay!"

And then they were like, "But it's not coming out 'til March!" And I was like, "Fuck this shit, I'm gonna' download it!" But there was no tracklisting yet, so I decided to download the songs played in the episodes instead. Except the only song I could find for download was "YSDH," which was cool with me, 'cause I'd really liked it. So I wound up downloading the entirety of OK Go, and it soon became one of my favourite records. I listened to that record so much, and related to so much of it, both through getting over Rob and through this whole mess with this other guy, Geoff, six months later. I knew nothing about the guys, I just knew that I really liked their stuff.

When I finally got to see the boys live last March, that's when I really fell in love. But, yeah. The whole reason I'm here is because of a break-up, if you think about it. There's really a lot more to that story that I could go into, but I'm not going to.

I told you it was long.

What is a good memory concerning okgo?: Making Damian squee over my anti-u word t-shirt, and then him molesting me with his Sharpie. God, I'll never forget that.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 3 2006, 01:49 AM)
    When I finally got to see the boys live last March, that's when I really fell in love. But, yeah. The whole reason I'm here is because of a break-up, if you think about it. There's really a lot more to that story that I could go into, but I'm not going to.

I told you it was long.

What is a good memory concerning okgo?: Making Damian squee over my anti-u word t-shirt, and then him molesting me with his Sharpie. God, I'll never forget that.

Wow, I'd thank that asshole now. His assholeness caused you to become an OK Goer AND to meet me and Kikky, which is awesome in its self.

Umm, Katy, did we forget about pelvic thrusts????????

Oh yeah, I change my last answer to the last one: Damian groping my left breast is by far my best memory along side Dan blowing kisses at me.
  • What was their first song you ever heard?:
    A Million Ways

Oh No

"Sweet heart you'll find, mediocre people do exceptional things all the time."
    "But your rays made me kind of go crazy, shock and awe and amaze . . . "

ZERO!!!! It makes me want to cry, cry, cry . . .

either Invincible or Return

T's Song and Return does. I don't know why Return is one of my favorites, then.

Through the Redwalls . . .

Summer of 2005 . . . I had lots of fun listening to them over the summer while having fun . . . during the . . . summer . . . yeah . . .
  • Most of my answers have been said before but here goes...

What was their first song you ever heard?: Get Over It

What is your favorite okgo album?: Ok Go

What is your favorite okgo lyric?: Sweetheart you'll find, mediocre people do exceptional things all the time... or pretty much all of You're So Damn Hot

How many times have you seen okgo live?: Once. One year ago next week, actually. God that's depressing, I know it's going to be a long time before I can see them again.

What is your favorite song by okgo?: 'YSDH' or 'Bye Bye Baby' or 'It's Tough to Have a Crush'

Is there a song of okgo's that makes you sad?: 'ITtHaC' sometimes depresses me, or 'Return'....

How did you get into okgo?: Heard "get over it" and saw the video, bought the first album, fell in love then had to wait 3 years to see them live, and now I can die happy because I've seen them.

What is a good memory concerning okgo?: the live show and meeting the guys, of course, though I only met Damian and Tim. I don't know where Dan and Andy were, and the venue actually started kicking people out so Damian came outside with a bunch of us to keep talking to us. And his parents were there, which was adorable.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 3 2006, 02:02 AM)
    Wow, I'd thank that asshole now. His assholeness caused you to become an OK Goer AND to meet me and Kikky, which is awesome in its self.

Umm, Katy, did we forget about pelvic thrusts????????
    Oh yeah, I change my last answer to the last one: Damian groping my left breast is by far my best memory along side Dan blowing kisses at me.

No, seriously, looking back at that break up, I really owe it to my ex. It was a terrible situation all around, and it was only getting worse. That doesn't justify what he and my best friend did at all. But, in the long run, a lot of really really great things happened because of him, even if I didn't see them to begin with.

Pelvis!!! No, I didn't forget about that- that would probably be the next best memory on the list. The only reason I say boobs over pelvis is probably because 1) I made him squee like at 12 year old at Christmas and 2) he was fully and completely aware that he was poking my boobs. I don't know if he was aware that his pelvis was all up in my business.
  • This is completly off topic, and for that I am very sorry. But jedi_grrlie, what happened to your hot lips icon!? sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 3 2006, 03:08 AM)
    This is completly off topic, and for that I am very sorry. But jedi_grrlie, what happened to your hot lips icon!? sad.gif

I'm sorry! I decided to retire it for right now. I can repost it if you want, that way you can save it forever and ever. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 3 2006, 12:15 AM)
    I'm sorry! I decided to retire it for right now. I can repost it if you want, that way you can save it forever and ever. smile.gif

That's very sweet of you. Luckily, I saved it about a week ago when you suggested I do so. Why did you decide to retire it? Ok, that'll be my last off topic question, except to ask what is the new icon a picture of?
  • It's the flipping mugshot, Tempe!!! I would like to see this icon, katy.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 3 2006, 12:30 AM)
    It's the flipping mugshot, Tempe!!! I would like to see this icon, katy.

Yes, I am aware hot lips is Damian's mugshot. I just call it hot lips cause well, that's the best way to describe that icon of jedi_grrlie's.
  • What was their first song you ever heard?: A million ways... I saw it on the Wedge and was in love with it instantly. Its such a good thing they are soo accessable, most bands when I hear a single its hard to hear other stuff from them
    What is your favorite okgo album?: Oh No... only because its the only one ive heard all the way through... and its one of the only CDs i have unsure.gif
    "C-C-C-Cinnamon lips and candy kisses, on my tongue. Fun! " .... just 'cause i love c-c-c-cinamon lips rolleyes.gif
    twice.... my hearts stopped both times...
    I have 3!...
    1. C-C-C-Cinnamon lips
    2. Here it goes again
    3. and more recently What to do
    duh, Return...
    See above...
    I asked Dan after a show how he could drum in a suit and he said "Its the same as drumming with normal clothes except fancier, I guess its better than being naked.."
    Oh Dan rolleyes.gif !
  • Ok this will be basically copying felsters...
    What was their first song you ever heard?: A million Ways

What is your favorite okgo album?: Oh No

What is your favorite okgo lyric?: so precious, suspicious, and charming and vicious
    I know its an obvious one... but i love it... I wish I could be described like that.

How many times have you seen okgo live?: 2

What is your favorite song by okgo?: Maybe No Sign Of Life or Get Over it... I'm not sure.. or maybe Theres a fire sorry I can't choose.

Is there a song of okgo's that makes you sad?: Return

How did you get into okgo?: same as fel... I was watching the wedge with her and loved the a million ways vid the first time we saw it.

me: nice pants
    damian: ya their good pants *smirk*
    did you sign our mailing list?
    me: no (But i really did, i just wanted him to hand me something... I'm lame)