In this Discussion

4/26/06 Northampton, MA show. Woot!

Comments

• QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 27 2006, 10:00 AM)
    It wasn't my fault! I had to talk over my RA yelling at me for screaming at the Tim message. I'm thinking Damian is just a pussy. Hhaha, JK. Well, at least he didn't remember me.

I'm sure he's used to it by now. It was just amusing. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Apr 26 2006, 10:14 PM)
    I know this probably won't help, but the boys will be in Tucson on May 1.

Pete

I'm shocked, because the last time I saw OK Go in Tucson... the crowd sucked. Audibly. But I guess the show is with She Wants Revenge, who sold out Plush in like 0.5 seconds or something. So OK Go will be doing yet another thing they've already done - open for another group and just not get the proper credit they deserve for being such a great band. Ah well, what can ya do?

And I too am jealous of everyone going to Europe. Is it a rule that OK Go fans just have to be jet setters, international hipsters or the like? tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Suggrr @ Apr 27 2006, 03:16 PM)
    Is it a rule that OK Go fans just have to be jet setters, international hipsters or the like? tongue.gif

I think it's just that we're all in college and going junior year/semester abroad. smile.gif I don't think I'm an international hipster...
  • I would have more to say,but you pretty much covered it.It was so nice meeting you,talk about being a cool person!
    And,I think you pretty much covered all the highlights.
    As you said,talking to Rusty was way awkward,at least he knew my name,though,heh. I can't beleive that it was so awkward that I actually complimented his shoes.Though,they were pretty nifty.
    In other news,I wanted to cry.Somehow the damian voicemail of mine DELETED itself,and now it's gone. sad.gif
    And it was so good,too! Bah,I hate cellphones.
    He was such a sweetheart! I mean,he always is,but he smirked like,a million times while talking to us,which I found incredibly cute. [/fangirl]
    Tim was awesome as always.I love how he was like "wow,Milosh has his own fanclub! He's very alluring,I guess.", I love how I felt the need to appologize for chasing him down a street last time,heh.
    Dan! Ah,he's fantastic.I love Dan. I love the minute when he saw us he got this huge grin on his face and gave hugs.He's super sweet.I was absolutely cracking up when he was talking to my friend Jenna. "Your mom wouldn't let you go?! Stop going out late at night with boys and maybe then you'll get to go to concerts when you want to!" oh man laugh.gif . And,the comment he made about panic at the disco! "I mean,they're like the best thing since oreo cookies!".
    I agree,the crowd kinda sucked,but overall I had a lot of fun.,You have to let me know how those pictures came out cool.gif Though,I already know I looked like absolute crap,but I blame half of that on an extremely bad hair day and infected eye.Which,is always super cute.Haha.
  • QUOTE (elleviesmusique @ Apr 27 2006, 03:54 PM)
    I would have more to say,but you pretty much covered it.It was so nice meeting you,talk about being a cool person!
    And,I think you pretty much covered all the highlights.
    As you said,talking to Rusty was way awkward,at least he knew my name,though,heh. I can't beleive that it was so awkward that I actually complimented his shoes.Though,they were pretty nifty.
    In other news,I wanted to cry.Somehow the damian voicemail of mine DELETED itself,and now it's gone. sad.gif
    And it was so good,too! Bah,I hate cellphones.
    He was such a sweetheart! I mean,he always is,but he smirked like,a million times while talking to us,which I found incredibly cute. [/fangirl]
    Tim was awesome as always.I love how he was like "wow,Milosh has his own fanclub! He's very alluring,I guess.", I love how I felt the need to appologize for chasing him down a street last time,heh.
    Dan! Ah,he's fantastic.I love Dan. I love the minute when he saw us he got this huge grin on his face and gave hugs.He's super sweet.I was absolutely cracking up when he was talking to my friend Jenna. "Your mom wouldn't let you go?! Stop going out late at night with boys and maybe then you'll get to go to concerts when you want to!" oh man laugh.gif . And,the comment he made about panic at the disco! "I mean,they're like the best thing since oreo cookies!".
    I agree,the crowd kinda sucked,but overall I had a lot of fun.,You have to let me know how those pictures came out cool.gif Though,I already know I looked like absolute crap,but I blame half of that on an extremely bad hair day and infected eye.Which,is always super cute.Haha.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You voicemail greeting DELETED ITSELF??? Oh no! I might cry with you, that's so sad! sad.gif

Damian really was a sweetheart last night. I think that's the most I've talked to him, ever, and I was really comfortable having a conversation with him. Like, sometimes (okay, a lot of times...), he comes off as totally full of himself and as a real jerk ('cause, hey, he is a lot of the time), but last night he was just super-sweet.

And I LOVE DAN. Seriously. That "stop going out late at night with boys!" comment was hilarious. As was the Oreo cookies. And then, after we parted ways, Erica and I snuck back into the venue so that we could talk to Dan some more, and it was a really lovely conversation. He is teh awesome.

Our pics actually came out really cute! I'm uploading them to Flickr right now, so I'll probably post some of my favourites pretty soon, so you can see them. Oh, and of course, the ones of you and me and the guys.

(Edit: Post 1,500! Pretty nifty.)
  • YAYYY! I was so excited for you all day, I'm glad you had such an amazing time! And don't worry, I was way awkward with Rusty too.

P.S. If I call your voicemail, do I have to like..leave a message? Because it would sound sososo dorky.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 27 2006, 09:59 PM)
    YAYYY! I was so excited for you all day, I'm glad you had such an amazing time! And don't worry, I was way awkward with Rusty too.

P.S. If I call your voicemail, do I have to like..leave a message? Because it would sound sososo dorky.

No, you can just listen to the message and then hang up. It's a pretty nifty message, I must say.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 27 2006, 07:32 PM)
    No, you can just listen to the message and then hang up. It's a pretty nifty message, I must say.

Ah!! I know need to get a nifty message on my phone. But then I copy you. Hmm I need a good idea as to what I can force the band into doing for me at the next show.... huh.gif hmmm
  • aw, sounds like you guys had an amazing time! Thanks for the report!

Can that be something we all do now? As a group, all of the boardies should get one of the guys to record our voicemail messages so we can be super cool and look down on lesser ok go fans.

And is it weird to like, flip out when you find someone with Ok Go on their computer? I think I screamed ( I was drunk) when I found both albums on a guys computer last night when we were hanging out with him. Apparently his sister and her friends did the Million Ways dance for a competition, too. I wish my family was so full of love for ok go.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Apr 28 2006, 06:11 PM)
    Can that be something we all do now? As a group, all of the boardies should get one of the guys to record our voicemail messages so we can be super cool and look down on lesser ok go fans.

Sounds good to me! For those of you who haven't called, whose phones hate you, or who are too shy, the message is Damian saying, "Katy doesn't want to talk to you...obviously. So, uh...leave her a message, and make it really really supernice, and maybe she'll call you back."

I got two hilarious responses to it today. First off, my mom (who had no idea that I had changed my voicemail), left a message that basically went like, "WHO IS THAT??! YOU GO TO A WOMEN'S COLLEGE! WHO IS THAT?!?!? It's your mother, call me, it's about money." blink.gif When I told her it's "What's-His-Name" (as he's known in my family), I thought she was going to make fun of me or something, but instead she was like, "That is SOOOOOOOOOO COOL! Wait! Let me tell your father!"

And then I got a message from Trish Sie, saying, "I think you do want to answer the phone, unlike what my little baby brother says in your message..." and then she continued on her in Snark-A-Snoops vain until the phone started beeping at her a bunch. But that, my friends, is an entirely different story.

Okay. I'm going to stop being obnoxious and bragging about my phone ('cause I know you all wanna' hit me now), and post some of my favourite pics from last night. I hav e like, a million really great ones of Damian and then a bunch of really crappy ones of the rest of the band, because I wasn't using flash most of the time. And my camera is really too slow not to use flash. tongue.gif

The very long set list. It was a long show. Too bad the crowd was kind of sucky.

I like this pic, even though it's kinda' blurry.

And I reeeeallly like this one. It's one of my few non-blurry ones of Rusty.

Damian. Of course.

Another one of Damian. I really like the shadows on his face in this one, dunno' why...

Really close up on Dami. (I don't even think this was zoomed in all the way, that's how close I was...)

I told you! 20 million of Damian, like, 5 of the rest of the guys. tongue.gif Not using flash was a dumb idea.

Rocking out.

"Personal time" got a little too personal when some girl asked if she could have some of his water. blink.gif She was thirsty apparently, and it was her birthday, so they gave her another unopened bottle of water.

One of my few decent pics of Tim.

Oh, there's more...

[img]http://static.flickr.com/49/136049743_a2768b2d3c_o.jpg[/img]
    Okay, this one of Rusty is....kinda' cool? I don't know. I like it even if it's blurry as heck. I like the blurriness. Someone else please tell me they think it's cool, too. sad.gif

[img]http://static.flickr.com/50/136049759_394a5c3135_o.jpg[/img]
    Damian telling us about bad haircuts and bad hair days. (MY GOD HE IS SO SKINNY!)

[img]http://static.flickr.com/49/136049766_51f7e0cab9_o.jpg[/img]
    Um, yeah, see that guitar pick? In his mouth? When I asked him for the set list, which was stuck under his keyboards, he gave me that instead. (Also, please ignore the red eye...)

[img]http://static.flickr.com/55/136049796_d76cd2aee9_o.jpg[/img]
    My sole decent shot of Dan.

[img]http://static.flickr.com/51/136049840_8a77ea63be_o.jpg[/img]
    Talking about how Rusty's dad wasn't in the crowd.

[img]http://static.flickr.com/44/136049846_3fd2101b64_o.jpg[/img]
    Picking out a guy to be Rusty's dad.

[img]http://static.flickr.com/45/136049883_2364fac52c_o.jpg[/img]
    OMG IS THAT NOT THE CUTEST THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN?

[img]http://static.flickr.com/55/136049892_a19922b08e_o.jpg[/img]
    wub.gif

[img]http://static.flickr.com/45/136049923_bfe2287243_o.jpg[/img]
    I call this one "Interpretative Dance." (Yeah, my dance pics kinda' sucked this time around...)

And more...

[img]http://static.flickr.com/51/136049931_9b5ce08dfc_o.jpg[/img]
    Me, Elle and Rusty. I didn't like the long hair on him until I saw him live and clean-shaven. And now I really like it. But Damian needs to stop cutting his own hair...

[img]http://static.flickr.com/52/136049933_811fe0a382_o.jpg[/img]
    WE LOVE DAN!

[img]http://static.flickr.com/53/136049941_bde2171144_o.jpg[/img]
    Us and Tim. Awesome tie, as usual. (Don't let Elle talk you into believing she looks bad in these pics. She looks way cute, even if she was having a bad hairday.)

[img]http://static.flickr.com/46/136049947_7a694a9ffe_o.jpg[/img]
    Somebody on MySpace pointed out that he and I are making the same face, haha. Also, cleavage! Also, PINK!!! I love that shirt.

So, yeah, not the greatest bunch of pics. One day, hopefully, I will be half as good as Racheal. But until then (and until I get a camera that does not crap out on my everytime I got to get a pic with Dami...), that's all we got-- errr, that's all I got. wink.gif I'll do a big LJ post this weekend so you can see the rest. Or something like that.
  • lovely pictures girl!!!
  • If it was anybody less awesome than you, I would be in a jealous rage right now.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 28 2006, 11:33 PM)
    If it was anybody less awesome than you, I would be in a jealous rage right now.

Awwwwwww. I feel way special now. wub.gif
  • You have a message from Trish freaking Sie and you're just starting to feel special!?!?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 28 2006, 11:37 PM)
    You have a message from Trish freaking Sie and you're just starting to feel special!?!?

That was more or less Karleigh's doing, actually. She actually got to MEET her today. So she's the more special one.

(God, I feel like such a braggart! Please, people, feel free to lob stuff at me when I get far too ridiculous. sad.gif )
  • OMG THAT WAS TODAY?? Ah!! Karleigh better get back here sooon!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 28 2006, 08:40 PM)
    That was more or less Karleigh's doing, actually. She actually got to MEET her today. So she's the more special one.

(God, I feel like such a braggart! Please, people, feel free to lob stuff at me when I get far too ridiculous. sad.gif )

AGH!!!! OMG I swear to BOB if you got annnnnnyyyyyy cooler you would blow up!!! AGHHH!!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif cool.gif wub.gif I LOOVVVVEEE YOU!!! I want to be as cool as you when I grow up!
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Apr 28 2006, 11:51 PM)
    AGH!!!! OMG I swear to BOB if you got annnnnnyyyyyy cooler you would blow up!!! AGHHH!!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif cool.gif wub.gif I LOOVVVVEEE YOU!!! I want to be as cool as you when I grow up!

You swear to Bob? Hee.

Funny thing is, I don't think I'm cool at all..... huh.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 28 2006, 08:58 PM)
    You swear to Bob? Hee.

Funny thing is, I don't think I'm cool at all..... huh.gif

Yeah, Bob is my home boy. Lol. BTW love your pictures with a passion. smile.gif
  • Ah,I love the pictures!
    Especially the one of Tim/Dan/Rusty conversing about something or other onstage,it was so cute!
    Blehh,I mean,I knew I looked like crap that day,but oh my.That's just,not good.
    Infected eyes and bad hairdays make for a really disgusting Elle.
    But,the boys and you look cute,so I'll live! biggrin.gif

I have a few pictures too,which I'll upload sometime soon hopefully,I just have to get ready for New York tomorrow first,so probably either late tonight or sometime on Sunday. smile.gif