In this Discussion

The offical British thread

edited November -1 in General Discussion
ok, so im aware that most american/canadian ladies go weak at the knees, or other areas at british men

now thats all well and good for men when i finaly come over to pick up the ladies at some point(hahaha...)

but what needs to be asked is

what is it about the british?

why do the ladies swoon so?

the chav, now im quite aware most havnt heard of a chav..but they fail at most things...and im sure that this isnt the picture of the english man you dream off

**IF ANYONE RUINS LOST SEASON TWO FOR ME THEY WILL BE CUT**

charlie from lost, the lovable drugie..is he the type the ladies swoon for?

god no..

do you like golden balls as much as he likes dolphins?

have love for the hampster?

and many others inbetween

so yeah, anwser the riddle please

oh yeah, what about happy looking hfocs?

Comments

• To me British men are some of the hottest around. They have a cute accent, and they speak in slang that I don't understand half the time, but it's adorable. They can be saying the meanest thing but it sounds nice, you know?

I go especially weak for a Cockney accent...but that may just be me cool.gif

Oh yeah, and you crazy Brits call people 'love' and that is so cute. I don't know. I get all gushy about British men. It's bad.
  • I dunno man... im pretty sure all Brits dont have the effect on americans/canadians that jude law has on them, but heres my list of why they probably have so much appeal. By the way jude always just reminds me of a pervy robot b/c of the movie A.I.

1. All the best rock stars are Brits... thats gotta count for someting...ps. Ozzy is Hawt!
    2. The Brits can survive roundabouts... ive said it b4, roundabouts are a scary mother
    3. I guess its the accent...but austrailans have accents too.. so maybe its the british physique!

... sorry my list sucks...
  • Christ Andy, I'll explain better why we go weak for the British accent. It's exotic. British men are something that American/Canadians aren't used to. Get it? --Good! tongue.gif
  • haha calm down dear =p

both of you lovely ladies have heard the andy accent

how does that throw you?
  • Sorry darling, I get all riled up talking about British boys wink.gif

And felsters right, British musicians are so hot. Mmmmm.

Andy, I love your accent. You should know that by now. tongue.gif
  • huzza, i need to get around to making more HFoC vids..

although i cant rember any voices aside from the penknife

back on topic somwhat, its the final of the english apprentis tonight...fun times

alan suger is the bomb, and he is far better then your giner freakish trump
  • It's usually just because of the accent, and only because we're not used to it. You also tend to be really, really polite and sweet.
  • The thing that gets me about the Brits, whether they be male or female, is their marvelous sense of humor. Like mixtape says, Brits tend to be really polite and sweet, as well as friendly and humorous. No matter how you look physically, if you have all the wonderful qualities just mentioned in your personality, you can't lose. You'll always be lovable.
  • andy did i not tell you about that "game killers" advert?!
    hehehe when you come to Canada you must use the line:
    "how about another british invasion" on someone and tell us all how it unfolds!

The first dude has a kick-ass hat, thats probably the reason.
    2nd dude is from lost...and lord of the rings... 2 things that I don't really understand or care for... so I have no Idear.
    3rd also no idea
    4th seems to have talents with balls and dolphins... no furthur explaination
    5th... you don't look that happy, but you've got sweet specs and the ability to take a top notch myspace picture... whats there not to swoon for?
  • I believe the 4th guy is David Beckham, but I may be wrong.
  • QUOTE (Felster @ May 10 2006, 03:40 PM)
    2. The Brits can survive roundabouts... ive said it b4, roundabouts are a scary mother

I don't understand why rotaries (read: ROTARIES! tongue.gif ) are found in Massachusetts and England and nowhere else. I go around one to get anywhere North of where I live, and also on the Cape there's a bunch of rotaries, and I guess I'm used to 'em but they don't seem very scary to me. However, English "roundabouts" are probably different. and they would be scary in that I'd be driving on the wrong side of the street and stuff anyways, and that'd freak me out.

anyways, yeah the accent is a big plus.
    also, british guys are always new and different and not at all like the regular guys we all went to school with.
    Although that soccer player (#3) isn't very attractive, there are other, more attractive English soccer stars around. (However, as far as soccer players go, my heart will always belong to Michael Parkhurst.)
    image wub.gif
  • Ummm, I just met a British boy this week and I'm basically in love with him. Haha, well, no, not in love. But....I really really wish he weren't going back to the UK tomorrow. I'm really upset.

Although I should get some more work done now that he's gone.....*blush*......
  • british people are awesome i agree for several reasons.
    1. Ed vs. Spencer- the best thing that ever happened to reality tv.
    2.Jamie Bell because of his acting/dancing skills
    3. cult cinema-trainspotting, lock stock, shallow grave, velvet goldmine(although that has a american director)
    4. Ewan Mcgregor and Ewen Bremner
    5. Trainspotting the novel
    6. those addicting harry potter novel
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ May 10 2006, 11:23 PM)
    british people are awesome i agree for several reasons.
    1. Ed vs. Spencer- the best thing that ever happened to reality tv.
    2.Jamie Bell because of his acting/dancing skills
    3. cult cinema-trainspotting, lock stock, shallow grave, velvet goldmine(although that has a american director)
    4. Ewan Mcgregor and Ewen Bremner
    5. Trainspotting the novel
    6. those addicting harry potter novel

BAH! THE ORIGINAL IS ACTUALLY A CANADIAN SHOW!!! I'm so happy about this. The original is called Kenny vs. spenny!. I guess they sold the rights to a british company because it has the same promo except with the new dudes names and faces...

and yes hp is da bomb.... i only read the last 2 though...
  • I loooove Kenny vs. Spenny. Like probably too much.
  • I used to think it was the accent, but then I realized I British people in general because they're more accepting and reserved, if that makes sense.
  • I wanted to mention another reason to love the Brits: there are so many great important scientific, biological, medical discoveries made by the Brits. Besides being perfectly gorgeous, polite, kind people, I had to post another more cerebral reason why the British people should be loved and appreciated.
  • I prefer the Irish.
  • QUOTE (Fionnuala @ May 17 2006, 02:26 PM)
    I prefer the Irish.

Mmmm, the Irish are definitely awesome, too. *coughCilliancough*
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 17 2006, 11:55 AM)
    Mmmm, the Irish are definitely awesome, too. *coughCilliancough*

Haha. How did I know that name would come up as soon as I mentioned Irishmen? tongue.gif