In this Discussion

OMFG!!!

Comments

• they should smush them together. then they would be known as the arctic scientists or we are monkeys.
    thats right.
  • damn, well I'm jealous. I don't get to do anything for me for another 2 weeks, and when that day come, fuck the world, I'm going to london with a friend.... but that won't be until september....... hmm
  • pearl bring me back a cute british guy. lol or atleast a cool knick-knack
  • If I don't go broke then of course me dear biggrin.gif
  • Ah,I'm going to this show! biggrin.gif
    My friends were pretty bummed out,considering it sold out before they got tickets,and I was an oblivious friend and didn't think to order tickets for them when I purchased mine,so it seems as though I'm going alone.
    Eh,I don't mind. It's actually my last day of school,as well.What a good kick-off to summer.
    Oh man,I love WAS too too much.
    They're absolute darlings and they put on a great show.
    The arctics sound fun.I've heard some not too nice things about them,but I want to see their act for myself before I make any judgements.
    But,I'm super excited.I'm seeing WAS like,five times this summer.Four of those times in the span of two weeks in June.Oh my,it'll be fun,just,crazy. cool.gif
  • i was going to go to their june 14th? i tihnk show in nyc but i have a math final the next day so my mom said no.
  • *cough* my 21st partay, 7th October wink.gif Everyone is invited lol (especially you Katy and if you don't end up coming i wil CRY!)

also, um the british transport system is expensive and slow, so i'd look into that before you try to go swanning off to scotland. It takes like 8 hours on the train from london, I hate to think how long it'd take on some cheap 'coach' type transport
  • The show was last night and it was AMAZING! WAS rocked, of course. And the highlight of the show was when the Arctics drummer came out and drummed along on his drumset with their drummer. It was sick. Definitely the best part. The Arctics were fantastic. I loved every minute of it. Definitely see both of them if you can.

Also, I hate all ages shows. I'm so sick of high schoolers trying to be cool and therefore moshing and crowd surfing. Here's a crazy idea, enjoy the show and watch the band. What's the point in getting kicked out? Grrrrr.
  • i got my sweet tickets to the june 30th W.A.S show. i'll be rockin'. do they stay around to meet fans afterwards?
  • I believe they do. They weren't meeting people at the end of the Arctics show because ...well there were a lot of people all trying to leave. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were out at the merch tables after their set. --I didnt want to lose my spot so I have no idea.
  • hopefully they hang around, I really want to meet Chris, he's awesome.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ May 27 2006, 08:41 AM)
    *cough* my 21st partay, 7th October wink.gif Everyone is invited lol (especially you Katy and if you don't end up coming i wil CRY!)

also, um the british transport system is expensive and slow, so i'd look into that before you try to go swanning off to scotland. It takes like 8 hours on the train from london, I hate to think how long it'd take on some cheap 'coach' type transport

Oooh, 7th October is Karleigh's birthday, hee. We can drunk dial her from England! Wait, that'll probably be expensive.

(btw Jen, OK Go is playing in Paris on 15th September, it's a Friday, you wanna' hop on over for the show? I don't think I can make the 18th September London show. :\)

Also, if I need to head up to Scotland, I'm going to bum a ride off boy and his friend. They offered to drive me to Paris in August if I go to Cambridge before school starts. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Jun 16 2006, 09:29 PM)
    Also, I hate all ages shows. I'm so sick of high schoolers trying to be cool and therefore moshing and crowd surfing. Here's a crazy idea, enjoy the show and watch the band. What's the point in getting kicked out? Grrrrr.

ME TOO. I could have KILLED kids at the Gogol Bordello show- I know you're here to see a punk band, but they started moshing when the 1st opening band hit the stage! wtf? I don't mind dancing, but beating other people up is not my idea of fun...

But, like I said on LJ, glad to hear the show was awesome!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Jun 16 2006, 11:51 PM)
    i got my sweet tickets to the june 30th W.A.S show. i'll be rockin'. do they stay around to meet fans afterwards?

OMG! I'm going to be at that show! And so is Elle! We should all meet up. happy.gif

Also, I know people from two different bands that have each opened for WAS, haha, so I have to tell them "hi" for everyone.
  • I'm so jealous. I've never been able to see WAS, but I really, really want to. I couldn't go when they came here with the Artic Monkeys and the two shows before that were 21+.

I really wish I could have snuck into the 21+ shows because all the high-schoolers are annoying me, even though I'm a high-schooler. My favorite OK Go shows have been 18+ because there was no one moshing or squishing the crap out of me.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jun 18 2006, 12:32 AM)
    I really wish I could have snuck into the 21+ shows because all the high-schoolers are annoying me, even though I'm a high-schooler. My favorite OK Go shows have been 18+ because there was no one moshing or squishing the crap out of me.

My favourite shows period have been 18+. I really cannot stand high schoolers anymore, at all. Unfortunately, the WAS concert I'm going to is at Irving Plaza, and that's all ages. tongue.gif (Also, it really confuses me when people mosh at OK Go shows....)
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 17 2006, 09:46 PM)
    My favourite shows period have been 18+. I really cannot stand high schoolers anymore, at all. Unfortunately, the WAS concert I'm going to is at Irving Plaza, and that's all ages. tongue.gif (Also, it really confuses me when people mosh at OK Go shows....)

I don't get it when people mosh at OK Go show either. There wasn't too much at the one I went to in February, but these girls next to me and my friends were being super aggressive, which pissed us off because we're old ladies on the inside.
  • I really need to get to bed because I have to work tomorrow, but I just got back from the WAS show with Poison and two of her friends, and it was amazing! They're playing in Milwaukee tomorrow (tonight) and that's only a 20 minute drive for me, so I might just go see them again for the hell of it!
  • I wish I could have gone to this, but here's a (mostly) nice write-up of the T.O. show.

http://chartattack.com/DAMN/2006/06/1909.cfm
  • ahh they are soo awesome live!
    i saw them when they opened for oasis and their show the next night back in march!

honestly guys if u get a chance go see em live! w00t!

KAY - we will kidnapthem...take them to perth...get stupidly drunk and make them perform!
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Jun 16 2006, 10:51 PM)
    i got my sweet tickets to the june 30th W.A.S show. i'll be rockin'. do they stay around to meet fans afterwards?

In my excitement last night, I didn't even answer the question! We got to meet them last night and got pictures. They were out in the crowd during the first opening act (I stood next to Michael, the drummer, for the set, Keith was out as well), and we also saw them afterwards as they were heading to their tour bus.
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jun 22 2006, 08:23 AM)
    KAY - we will kidnapthem...take them to perth...get stupidly drunk and make them perform!

We're talking about WAS, right? Becauuusseee I may just have to trap the lead singer in my room if we're all in perth.