In this Discussion

AUSTIN, TX JUNE SHOW. TICKETS?

Comments

• AHHHHHHHHHH I GOT MY TICKET!

I love venue changes. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • congratz on the tickets!
  • QUOTE (Kaylee @ Jun 2 2006, 10:11 AM)
    AHHHHHHHHHH I GOT MY TICKET!

congrats!
  • QUOTE (Kaylee @ Jun 2 2006, 03:11 PM)

Glad you got tickets, I am one of the suckers who paid $140 for two to see them at La Zona Rosa (which I would much prefer, smaller, and LESS HOT!) but oh well, stuff like that happens. It will still be a good show, I'll just have to bring a portable fan! I hate scalpers.
  • So..it's still possible to get tickets because of the venue change? How much are they going for?
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Jun 5 2006, 03:45 PM)
    So..it's still possible to get tickets because of the venue change? How much are they going for?

Go to Stubb's website and they are selling for 18.50 a ticket plus fees of course. At least, they were still selling them a couple of hours ago.
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Jun 5 2006, 10:51 AM)
    Go to Stubb's website and they are selling for 18.50 a ticket plus fees of course. At least, they were still selling them a couple of hours ago.

oh..thanks. Now I just have to convince my mom to take me. I need some really good points to tell her.
  • QUOTE (Kaylee @ Jun 2 2006, 11:11 AM)

GROUP HUG!
  • Yay!!! Now I have an OK Go buddy to hang with there.
  • Just wanted to update you guys.
    That friend who had a ticket isn't going to be available.
    Soooo... I GET TO GO!!

I'm beyond excited right now.
    My friend told me last night that she had a ticket for me and I just about died.

Sadly this means I won't be going to the Austin show and meeting Kaylee. =[
  • QUOTE (Kaethe @ Jun 9 2006, 10:16 PM)
    Just wanted to update you guys.
    Soooo... I GET TO GO!!

My friend told me last night that she had a ticket for me and I just about died.

HEY LOVE WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

yay for getting a ticket!
    Im rose -(ro is fine)

hehe ttyl
  • QUOTE (Kaethe @ Jun 9 2006, 09:16 PM)
    Just wanted to update you guys.
    Soooo... I GET TO GO!!

Aww, we'll be able to meet someday. I am just so happy for you about the ticket! Ahh, it'll be fabulous indeed.

pfft, who needs you anyway Kaethe, I have Karleigh tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Kaylee @ Jun 10 2006, 11:49 AM)
    Aww, we'll be able to meet someday. I am just so happy for you about the ticket! Ahh, it'll be fabulous indeed.
    pfft, who needs you anyway Kaethe, I have Karleigh tongue.gif

Noo! Darn, so I could've met Karleigh as well.
    She's obviously the most important here. biggrin.gif

Um, anyone... going to the Houston show?

[And thank you for the welcome, Ro!]
  • QUOTE (Kaethe @ Jun 10 2006, 03:14 PM)
    [Karleigh's] obviously the most important here. biggrin.gif

Obviously. wink.gif

QUOTE (Kaethe @ Jun 10 2006, 03:14 PM)
    Um, anyone... going to the Houston show?

Denise is.
  • Did everyone that went have a good time?
  • OMG, this was the worst OK Go concert I have been to. OK Go was awesome, as always, but Panic! fans are NUTS. First, I got there 3 hours early so I could be first in line, but there were at least 50 people in front of us. Also, Stubb's doesn't have shade where you wait, so everyone was DYING from the heat. But the fact that we were going in soon gave us hope. I was up at the front center, like always, and I usually just turn around and push through the crowd to leave. But this time, we were being pushed so hard that I had to be LIFTED out of the crowd (along with my mom, my friend, Kaylee, and Kaylee's friend). People were passing out left and right from heat exhaustion, so much so that it was no use videoing or taking pictures because you would always have to move. But alas, I got out safely, aside from the huge bruise on my leg. Then, Eric, Kaylee, Aubrey (Kaylee's friend), Angela (my friend), and my mom were hung out over by the merch stand and watched the ((horrible)) panic! show from afar. Panic! was just WEIRD, they had these people pretending to be dolls, and lots of bright lights. They even had an intermission to change sets and costumes **rolls eyes**. WE were all waiting around in the gravel waiting for the guys to come out. Guess what! They didn't come out! Well, Damian did, but he was mauled by all the exiting Panic! fans so we had to wait around for another hour and a half to get him to sign something. None of the other guys came out. Thank goodness I saw Dan before the show. So basically the show was a complete disaster, but OK Go's set was awesome.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jun 19 2006, 03:54 PM)
    OMG, this was the worst OK Go concert I have been to. OK Go was awesome, as always, but Panic! fans are NUTS. First, I got there 3 hours early so I could be first in line, but there were at least 50 people in front of us. Also, Stubb's doesn't have shade where you wait, so everyone was DYING from the heat. But the fact that we were going in soon gave us hope. I was up at the front center, like always, and I usually just turn around and push through the crowd to leave. But this time, we were being pushed so hard that I had to be LIFTED out of the crowd (along with my mom, my friend, Kaylee, and Kaylee's friend). People were passing out left and right from heat exhaustion, so much so that it was no use videoing or taking pictures because you would always have to move. But alas, I got out safely, aside from the huge bruise on my leg. Then, Eric, Kaylee, Aubrey (Kaylee's friend), Angela (my friend), and my mom were hung out over by the merch stand and watched the ((horrible)) panic! show from afar. Panic! was just WEIRD, they had these people pretending to be dolls, and lots of bright lights. They even had an intermission to change sets and costumes **rolls eyes**. WE were all waiting around in the gravel waiting for the guys to come out. Guess what! They didn't come out! Well, Damian did, but he was mauled by all the exiting Panic! fans so we had to wait around for another hour and a half to get him to sign something. None of the other guys came out. Thank goodness I saw Dan before the show. So basically the show was a complete disaster, but OK Go's set was awesome.

I went to the Austin show at Stubbs. A million reasons why it would have been better at La Zona Rosa, number one being air conditioning! The Panic fans were nutso, I've never gotten so mauled myself. I got a few good pictures. I was dismayed by the number of people lined up, but happy they at least let La Zona Rosa ticket holders in first, though it didn't make much difference. It was a very short set, too.
    I, did, however, see ALL the band come out after the show. Dan worked the merchandise area for a while, not sure where Tim and Andy wound up, but they got off the bus with Damian. I got to congratulate Damian on his recent nuptials and got a good pic with him.
    I wish they would just headline their own shows, or go back to Stubb's indoor like the good old days!!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jun 19 2006, 11:54 AM)
    OMG, this was the worst OK Go concert I have been to. OK Go was awesome, as always, but Panic! fans are NUTS. First, I got there 3 hours early so I could be first in line, but there were at least 50 people in front of us. Also, Stubb's doesn't have shade where you wait, so everyone was DYING from the heat. But the fact that we were going in soon gave us hope. I was up at the front center, like always, and I usually just turn around and push through the crowd to leave. But this time, we were being pushed so hard that I had to be LIFTED out of the crowd (along with my mom, my friend, Kaylee, and Kaylee's friend). People were passing out left and right from heat exhaustion, so much so that it was no use videoing or taking pictures because you would always have to move. But alas, I got out safely, aside from the huge bruise on my leg. Then, Eric, Kaylee, Aubrey (Kaylee's friend), Angela (my friend), and my mom were hung out over by the merch stand and watched the ((horrible)) panic! show from afar. Panic! was just WEIRD, they had these people pretending to be dolls, and lots of bright lights. They even had an intermission to change sets and costumes **rolls eyes**. WE were all waiting around in the gravel waiting for the guys to come out. Guess what! They didn't come out! Well, Damian did, but he was mauled by all the exiting Panic! fans so we had to wait around for another hour and a half to get him to sign something. None of the other guys came out. Thank goodness I saw Dan before the show. So basically the show was a complete disaster, but OK Go's set was awesome.

Oh. So that's why you didn't call me last night.

That really sucks. tongue.gif
  • OMG i had the same deal at the houston show. okgo and the hush sound was awesome. panic sucked and the fans were a pain in the ass. a bunch of jerks, i had to leave the crowd in the middle of the ok go set cause some jerks were pushing us and some girls fell. as for the guys i saw dan, damian and tim. i was going to wait for andy but i waited as long as i could. the panic set was long, stupid and a pain i was just waiting for the guys to come out. plus panic covered one of my fav. songs from radiohead and the smashing pumpkins, i hated it.

i will never ever go to another panic show. not that i would.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Jun 19 2006, 04:54 PM)
    OMG i had the same deal at the houston show. okgo and the hush sound was awesome. panic sucked and the fans were a pain in the ass. a bunch of jerks, i had to leave the crowd in the middle of the ok go set cause some jerks were pushing us and some girls fell. as for the guys i saw dan, damian and tim. i was going to wait for andy but i waited as long as i could. the panic set was long, stupid and a pain i was just waiting for the guys to come out. plus panic covered one of my fav. songs from radiohead and the smashing pumpkins, i hated it.

i will never ever go to another panic show. not that i would.

Woah, where were you?
    I definitely fell during OK Go's set. So perhaps it was me you saw. Luckily, I got helped up by some guy before I was smashed and died.

I don't care for all the shoving at concerts, the show in May was much nicer for me, but I could get over it as long as I got to see OK Go. The Panic! fans I met were nice... I didn't have any problems with rudeness. Atleast until they started selling those polaroids (which, by the way, I think was the stupidest thing ever) and I got MAULED by girls shoving 50 dollars into the air. Crazy kids. I stayed for the whole show near the front, my friend is a fan of both bands and while I enjoy dancing around to panic!'s music on occasion I do not like the members nor did I really like their set. I found it kind of overdone, not to mention creepy.

After the show I met Dan, Damian, and Andy again... but somehow lost Tim after spotting him outside. I hope to see them headlining again next time they are in town.