In this Discussion

the thread of general useless infomation

Comments

• yes, thank you for that useless fact. biggrin.gif

*pokes out crocodile's eyes* =D

UI: there is no crocodile...or spoon!
  • Shopping carts were invented in OKC.
  • were all gona be brilliant by the time were done.
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Jun 15 2006, 07:13 PM)
    were all gona be brilliant by the time were done.

WE SHOULD PLAY JEOPARDY. We'd rule. And win lots of money.
  • We played Jeopardy in history class today!! I won five Jolly Ranchers and a keychain WOOO!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 15 2006, 07:20 PM)
    We played Jeopardy in history class today!! I won five Jolly Ranchers and a keychain WOOO!

NIIIIIIICE! Congratulations.
    We never actually got anything except for extra credit when we played Jeopardy. But that's what happens when you go to a poor school.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Jun 15 2006, 10:22 PM)
    NIIIIIIICE! Congratulations.
    We never actually got anything except for extra credit when we played Jeopardy. But that's what happens when you go to a poor school.

we played it once...i got a fkn sticker....thx...a fkn UGLY sticker of some deformed looking bird
  • The longest word in the English language is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

There are more chickens in the world than people.

Pinocchio was made of pine.

45% of dollar bills you'll ever own have been in a stripper's g-string. (I think this is America only, don't the English use Euro coins now?)

Every year, Alaska has about 5,000 earthquakes.

The hundred billionth Crayola crayon ever produced was Perriwinkle Blue.

The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth.

Strawberries have more vitamin c than oranges.

More people in China speak English than in the United States.

An ostrich egg would take four hours to hard boil.

An iguana can stay under water for 28 minutes.

Until the 1960's men with long hair were not allowed to enter Disneyland.

A prune is a dried plumb.

Denver was chosen to host the 1976 Winter Olympics, but later refused.

Another name for the card game "Solitaire" is "Patience".

Saturday was named for the planet saturn.

The abbreviation a.m. stands for "ante meridiem". The abbreviation p.m. stands for "post meridiem".

The best beaches for surfing face west. (Random Kikky note: I know why! It's because of the coriolis effect!! Take that cheesy fake community college education! BAM.)

Wheat is the worlds most grown, and the world's most eaten food

Gibraltar is the only place in Europe were you can find wild monkeys.

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

The first American dictionary was writen by Noah Webster.

An elephant raises it's trunk when it senses danger.

The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.

Pigs can run a mile in 7 ½ minutes.

The shortest word in the English language to contain the letters A,B,C,D,E, and F is: ‘Feedback’

If you sleep in a cold room, you are more likely to have a bad dream.

After eating too much food, your hearing becomes less sharp.
  • Horace Mann, the founder of Antioch college, was the brother-in-law of Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Joseph smith, the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints (aka Mormonism), claimed to see visions from an angel and to have found the golden plates, the true teachings of god, somewhere in upstate new york.
    he and his followers fled to ohio, where he was tarred and feathered, strangled, and beaten. they fled to missouri, where he fought (literally) with state officials, and escaped from jail to flee to illinois.
    while in illinois, In February, 1844, Smith announced his candidacy for President of the United States, with Sidney Rigdon as his vice-presidential running mate.
    when he ordered the destruction of a printing press and its newspaper (which had been criticizing him) he was arrested for violating the first amendment, and put in jail. while in jail, he and his friends were attacked by an angry mob of about 200, and he was shot to death.
  • To be fair alot of these are useful little snippets of information. none of it is irrelavent or useless in anyway.

Although "An ostrich egg would take four hours to hard boil" is wrong cos it only takes 45 minutes. UNless the ostrich eggs was closer to the size of basketball.
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 16 2006, 06:49 AM)
    To be fair alot of these are useful little snippets of information. none of it is irrelavent or useless in anyway.

Although "An ostrich egg would take four hours to hard boil" is wrong cos it only takes 45 minutes. UNless the ostrich eggs was closer to the size of basketball.

and how do you know this?
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 16 2006, 04:54 AM)
    45% of dollar bills you'll ever own have been in a stripper's g-string. (I think this is America only, don't the English use Euro coins now?)

*cough*

we use the "£" chuck!

£>$
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 16 2006, 10:24 AM)
    *cough*

we use the "£" chuck!
    £>$

the simplicity of your posts are great...i just thought i would share that!

oh in case anyone wants to know....i have a ginormous piece of pie in front of me!! tis apple
  • Useless Info:

My hair smells wonderful.

smile.gif

No one needs to know this . . .
  • ui:

the kids in the computer lab with me are pretty annoying.

another:

this period ends in two minutes.

ui: then I have history, andwe're watching National Treasure, which, I have to say, is a pretty crappy movie.

oh well. its better than doing work.
  • time for my ui:

hot brit isnt at work today : dry.gif

however hot brit called work today and sounded especially yummy!!!

im so pathetic
    but i needed to share cos i realy have nothng else that keeps me going here lol aside from making fun of the socially inept tech guys
  • i only have one peice of usless info...

The saying used to be "Load and Lock" which makes more sence than the saying "Lock and Load" that is used today.

... i know im shamefull... my head is filled with non cool useless info...
  • I think I got some wasp killer spray thingy in my eye. unsure.gif

More to come . . . as the day progresses.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 16 2006, 09:24 AM)
    *cough*

we use the "£" chuck!
    £>$

Kikky is afraid of that little L symbol, so she never tried to learn about it. Pandy is free to call her "chuck" and beat her with a stick.

Plus, the last time her dad was there for a NATO conference, they had him using Euro, so what was she supposed to think?

He also said you guys are a full season ahead of us on Dr. Who and Stargate, to which I am jealous.

Oh, and £>$ is not entirely a true statement.
    ¥ > £ and $. Have you seen the Nikkei! The only place it's going is up!

...now that was some useless information.. biggrin.gif
  • i had dry toast today on my break!

cos i know u all care