In this Discussion

JcPenny Commercial

Comments

• I remember they mentioned it in a newsletter mooonnnths ago, they were talking about how good it sounds with his bass skillz.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jul 19 2006, 05:35 PM)

But does it really count if it's the same thing I've told everyone for the past 3 months?

Kay, it's the same thing I told you about like 2 months ago, except I was mistaken about "Invincible," it's another song.
  • **said in Napolean Dynamite voice** See, it's not a secret, gah!
  • Yeah, except the only thing you told me was "Yeah, it's Invincible" when I asked what the next single was. I just remember Kikky having that fence picture as her avatar and you guys subtly discussing it, and also mentioning that workout equipment wasn't in the video like you thought.
  • Yep, that's about it.
  • yea i got weird chills too and i ran back into the room when i heard okgo on the tv. ^^
  • I was just in my mom's room and she had the TV on, and I was just about to walk out, when I heard "DWYW," at which point I turned around and made a noise that sounded something like "BWAH!" It was kind of awesome.

My mom was like, "Wow, a JC Penney ad...that's a big step..." at which point I told her about how half the fans are like, "awesome!" and half are like, "sellouts..." and she was like, "Pfft, ain't nothing wrong with shameless self-promotion...I've been doing it for years..." laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 19 2006, 06:13 PM)
    Yeah, except the only thing you told me was "Yeah, it's Invincible" when I asked what the next single was. I just remember Kikky having that fence picture as her avatar and you guys subtly discussing it, and also mentioning that workout equipment wasn't in the video like you thought.

*blank stare* I heard my name. What?

I FINALLY saw it, twice in 10 min, yesterday. I love how they turned random scenes of the video into screensavers and posters, it's so creative that I'll probably follow suit and create my own.

This thing's been airing for over a week or two, right?
    I have to say that it takes the Deep South FOREVERRRR to get anything. Especially dental hygiene, beer is not a substitute for water(i.e. especially the radiator or fishtank), the concept that racism ended in the 1950s, and the fact that the rebel flag is no longer our country's flag and we are not currently seceded from the Union.

Give us a few years, we might even understand the concept of "country music is lame, especially when mixed with rap" one day. (Country + Rap = CRAP! oh ho!)
  • I just saw the comercial for the first time and I was soooo excited! smile.gif
  • I saw it yesterday and I was really surprised. I wish those posters they used were real, I'd buy them.
  • This was a recent entry on OK Go's MySpace Blog. Oh, how I heart Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore.

JC Penney Does an OK Go Commercial

JC Penney's new back to school ads are all over the television, and they feature a whole lot of OK Go. You can check them out at jcpenneybts.com and you can talk about how disappointed you are on our bulletin board. We don't care. Not only that, but we're playing another JC Penney/VMA show, this time in Los Angeles, at the Glendale Galleria. More details on the tour page. And check out photos from the last JC Penney/VMA show.
    -------
    posted by Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore

Us complain? Please. wink.gif
  • Hahaha, that's brilliant. I don't know how many other bands would even think of that.
  • I saw it last week for the first time and I got really excited. It was the same reaction I had when I saw two of Locksley's songs had been chosen for Payless commercials. But I was awake this time.

It's good that they have the commercial out with their song. Now people will actually know who I'm talking about when I tell them to check out OK Go. It doesn't go over so well when you don't have music on hand for them to listen to at school.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jul 25 2006, 05:01 PM)
    This was a recent entry on OK Go's MySpace Blog. Oh, how I heart Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore.

JC Penney Does an OK Go Commercial

JC Penney's new back to school ads are all over the television, and they feature a whole lot of OK Go. You can check them out at jcpenneybts.com and you can talk about how disappointed you are on our bulletin board. We don't care. Not only that, but we're playing another JC Penney/VMA show, this time in Los Angeles, at the Glendale Galleria. More details on the tour page. And check out photos from the last JC Penney/VMA show.
    -------
    posted by Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore

Us complain? Please. wink.gif

My only gripe is that now that the link is posted for all to see in plain view(as opposed to it being somewhat hidden before), every Tom, Dick, and Jane is going to join. And then a flood of "HDamyein is so hawt! Is he single!? How old is he!" threads are going to start. And then this will turn into another Juggling Club. asfiaepfi!!!!one! <---my frustration in interpretive dance.
    /endrant.

In happier news, the airbrushers at work now don't make fun of me(everytime they see me, they say "OK...Go!" and giggle profusely; which is ironic because at least two of them are older grown up versions of Damian and Tim's art camp teacher) for wearing 300 different OK Go shirts to work. They saw the commercials and now believe OK Go is a legit band. muhaha.

Some shampoo commercial has picked up on using a Franz Ferdinand song, so commercials have become almost bearable to watch now.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jul 26 2006, 12:00 AM)
    My only gripe is that now that the link is posted for all to see in plain view(as opposed to it being somewhat hidden before), every Tom, Dick, and Jane is going to join. And then a flood of "HDamyein is so hawt! Is he single!? How old is he!" threads are going to start. And then this will turn into another Juggling Club. asfiaepfi!!!!one! <---my frustration in interpretive dance.
    /endrant.

Shit, you're right. unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jul 26 2006, 12:00 AM)
    /endrant.

I think the interpretive dance was the most effective part of that.
  • isn't that little girl to the left ont he jcpenny website lindsay lohan's little sister? that website freaked out because they keep moving.
  • I remember the days when I shopped at JCPenny for back to school stuff, and now they choose to use cool music. Why do all the cool kid things come out when I'm no longer a child???

I agree with Kikky, I don't want the boards to turn into the Juggling Club. If it does, we could always create a new forum and hide it away from everyone. Muahahahah...
  • FINALLY! I saw both commercials on TV.

The best part is that I wandered over to the JCPenney site to watch them there about 10 minutes ago.

ACE.