In this Discussion

GMA (booo!) Conan (yay!)

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 6 2006, 03:03 PM)
    I got out early for lunch today and decided to chill on the sofa and watch Martha Stewart. Now, I've got a really cool idea that Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore should go for. Get Ok Go on Martha Stewart. She bakes with her guests. It'd be so fun to watch her make a stirfry with the Kulash, or force Tim to frost a cake. Then Andy will eat the frosty and she'll get mad. Dan can help out with an arts and crafts. I dunno. It'd be mad crazy fun to watch. Am I just going nuts? Anyone else think it would be fun to see the lads do this? What sort of assignments do you think she'd make the lads do?

I'd pay money to see that. laugh.gif
  • I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE TAPING. OH MY GOD. MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN ABOUT 10 TIMES.

my friend was a little freaked as we left and i was practically catatonic from all the mind explosions.

but yeah, the show was awesome. conan was awesome. david duchovny was charming. greg berhandt i didnt even pay attention to. and okgo, friggin amazing, as always.

they performed here it goes again. on the first take, tim's bass went out for some reason towards the end so they had to play it again. everyone at home is going to watch the second take. so technically, i got 2 performances of the song! SWEET.

i think everyone that was standby got in, which was cool. man, i gotta do this more often! FUN!
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 6 2006, 07:05 PM)
    I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE TAPING. OH MY GOD. MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN ABOUT 10 TIMES.

my friend was a little freaked as we left and i was practically catatonic from all the mind explosions.

but yeah, the show was awesome. conan was awesome. david duchovny was charming. greg berhandt i didnt even pay attention to. and okgo, friggin amazing, as always.

they performed here it goes again. on the first take, tim's bass went out for some reason towards the end so they had to play it again. everyone at home is going to watch the second take. so technically, i got 2 performances of the song! SWEET.

i think everyone that was standby got in, which was cool. man, i gotta do this more often! FUN!

That's sooooo awesome!!!!!
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 6 2006, 04:05 PM)
    I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE TAPING. OH MY GOD. MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN ABOUT 10 TIMES.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET
  • aw that's awesome! i ended up not going to get standby tickets but i did cool stuff too.

i went to GMA, i got to meet everyone, took a picture w/ chris cuomo, and talked to sam champion, he thought my best friend was the most adorable thing ever and he put her on the news and gave us food and stuff. then we kind of chilled with this camera guy and he got us connected w/ this girl to geta tour of the studio, so we did that and i met Chris Cuomo again back stage and talked about going to school tomorrow, saw sam in his dressing room again and it was cool.

THEN, randomly this guy outside was like "Go to a taping of Maury!" so we did and it was really fun and we got free pizza.

THEN we went to trl and stood on standby just for the hell of it and chilled with this guy who worked there and we got in and it was really fun.

so yes, the day was fun even though i didn't see ok go, except on the really big screen across from the mtv studio because they kept playing the HIGA video.

i spent 5 dollars for my train ticket home and that's it. and i got a free mp3 player on trl.

yep, awesome.
  • dude, thats sounds like such an awesome day! i shoulda just blown off school completely and went to show tapings with you all day long! lol

(although it would be bad to skip school on the second day of classes...)
    dude, thats sounds like such an awesome day! i shoulda just blown off school completely and went to show tapings with you all day long! lol

yeah it was really awesome, but Ok GO performing twice, i think that's equally as awesome.

oh but i kept telling all the people at trl and GMato have ok go on, and they were like, "oh the treadmill band, they're cool"
  • I'm sooooooo happy that they're gonna be on Conan! I recorded GMA for nothing but it's alright. Conan is awesome and I can't wait to hear what he has to say.
  • LUCKY! If I lived anywhere near where they tape good shows I would ditch school like once a month. Out here they only tape Hollywood squares and The Muscular Dystrophy telethon....well they are the only ones with live audiences...wow I went to both and they are extremely boring. extremely.
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 6 2006, 06:05 PM)

Awesome--way to go!!!
  • They looked really happy. smile.gif
    And way more relaxed than they did on Letterman. Good for them. I bet they feel very on top of the world right now. Wow.
    And, um, was Conan whispering sweet nothings into Damian's ear right after the performance? What was that about?

CinnamonLips - glad you got to attend the taping. That's awesome.
  • Ugh, I know, I really wanted to hear what they were talking about.

I thought they did a great job.
    That was the first time I heard them sing "goodness" instead of "jesus"... that kinda threw me. Though I figured it was coming.
  • I totally have zero period starting tomorrow.. but I'm actually considering to stay up until 12:30 on a school night to watch OK Go.

Should I?
    Should I not?
    Should I?

Jesus Christ, I hate how it plays on late at night.
  • someone put up a youtube of their performance please? I'm too tired to stay up another half hour...my eyes are closing on me as we speak...
  • Just watched it--I'll try to YouTube it sometime in the next few days if someone else doesn't first. YouTube and megaupload.

I liked the long shot of Dan near the end of the song--that was cool.

Do any of the big Conan fans have Conan height stats? He's a couple inches taller than Damian. We will narrow this down (Damian's exact height) ...
    What a trip to see him next to someone taller than him, too!

Keep looking in the camera, mister ...

Final thought ... I shall henceforth be calling him Yellow Socks McGee.
  • i'm pretty sure Conan is 6'4". yikes.
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 6 2006, 07:05 PM)

you are too rad!

That performance was so awesome. I love Conan. I wonder what they were talking about after the show?
  • Uhhh, Conan is NBC, right?

'Cause one of my best friends from high school left me a MySpace comment that said, "I'm at NBC, and OK Go is the musical guest, and I'm watching them rehearse. Be jealous."

dry.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 7 2006, 09:21 AM)
    Uhhh, Conan is NBC, right?

'Cause one of my best friends from high school left me a MySpace comment that said, "I'm at NBC, and OK Go is the musical guest, and I'm watching them rehearse. Be jealous."

dry.gif

yep conan is on nbc. haha i read that comment on your myspace! i was dang they are lucky!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 8 2006, 12:21 AM)
    Uhhh, Conan is NBC, right?

dry.gif

Gasp. How mean ohmy.gif Want me to smite them for you happy.gif