In this Discussion

U.S. Tour Dates, in case anyone's confused ...

edited November -1 in OK Go
They were put in a bulletin & the blog on MySpace:

Brand New US Tour Dates:

10/29 - Los Angeles, CA Troubador
10/30 - Los Angeles, Ca Troubador
11/1 - Pomona,CA The Glass House
11/2 - San Francisco, CA Great American Music Hall
11/3 - Sacramento, CA Empire
11/4 - Portland, OR Hawthorne Theatre
11/5 - Seattle, WA Neumos Crystal Ball Reading Room
11/8 - Minneapolis, MN First Avenue
11/9 - Chicago, IL Logan Square Auditorium
11/10 - Chicago, IL Logan Square Auditorium
11/13 - Toronto, ONT Mod Club Theatre
11/15 - Philadelphia, PA Theatre Of Living Arts
11/16 - Boston, MA Avalon Ballroom
11/17 - Sayreville, NJ Starland Ballroom
11/18 - New York,NY Irving Plaza
11/21 - Charlotte, NC Amos Southend
11/26 - Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
11/27 - St. Louis, MO The Pageant
11/28 - Memphis, TN Orpheum Theatre
11/29 - New Orleans, LA The Republic
11/30 - Houston,TX Hobby Center - Sarofim Hall

have a great weekend,

Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore

Comments

• do i want to go to the show on the 9th or the one of the 10th?!? i can't decide... so someone else decide for me...

please...
  • Well, I suppose less people would go on the 9th being as it's a Thursday. People still in school would most likely opt to go on Friday. So I guess it depends on what type of crowd you're looking for.
  • since they can't tour in MICHIGAN . . . I'll be heading over to Chicago or Toronto for a show. whichever I can afford at the time.

BUT, before that happens, I'll be seeing them in Ann Arbor in October. for free.

I'm excited. smile.gif
  • Does anyone know if any AZ show are coming up?
  • grr... I still haven't found any more information about the Boston show.

I've been checking the Avalon's website, FNX's website, ticketmaster, and Ok Go's show page.

I might want to do a random google search tonight... although I doubt it'd help.
  • Fuck fuck.

NJ, NY, and MA all in a row....I'd totally skip school that week and go on a road trip....if I was in the US...

Also, it's nice to know that they're still playing places like Irving Plaza and the Avalon, which are by no means huge. Well. I don't know about the Avalon, never been there. But Irving's really not that big. I hate that venue, though....
  • Sooooo.....

who wants to pay for my train to Toronto?
  • Ann Arbor. smile.gif

My best friend, my sister, and I are going so far. Does anyone know what time the Ann Arbor show starts? That would be handy . . .
  • Um, so I was just doing some research for the Trinity 'Space on venues, and this is what I found on Ticketmaster for the Philly show:

OK Go and Cheap Trick
    Theatre of Living Arts, Philadelphia, PA
    Wed, Nov 15, 2006 08:00 PM

Wait wait wait. OK Go and Cheap Trick????? ohmy.gif There's no way........
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 19 2006, 09:08 AM)
    Um, so I was just doing some research for the Trinity 'Space on venues, and this is what I found on Ticketmaster for the Philly show:

OK Go and Cheap Trick

hahaha. Damian's wet dream finally comes true?!

(FYI, Cheap Trick is kind of cheap live. No pun intended. They're pretty old and rickety.)
  • Yeah, everyone on their MySpace is all, "Umm whoze Cheap Trick lolz??/"
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 19 2006, 08:28 PM)
    Yeah, everyone on their MySpace is all, "Umm whoze Cheap Trick lolz??/"

We should launch a music education campaign.

I still think people not knowing who (note: NOT if they've listened to them or not. Just know WHO THEY ARE) Queen/Led Zeppelin/Operation Ivy/the Who/the Doors are.
  • Cheap Trick?! I didn't even know they were still touring. That's kinda cool. I wish it was them instead of Death Cab in New Orleans, but I guess I'll just have to stalk Ok Go during DC.

I've always wanted to listen to some Op Ivy but I've never gotten around to it. My classic rock education was sadly neglected, though I do know that Pink Floyd bores me to tears, possibly because I've never tripped on acid then listened to them.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 19 2006, 05:07 PM)
    though I do know that Pink Floyd bores me to tears, possibly because I've never tripped on acid then listened to them.

If you can't say what you have to say in less than five minutes, I don't want to hear about it....
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 19 2006, 09:07 PM)
    I've always wanted to listen to some Op Ivy but I've never gotten around to it.

I can only listen to them for small periods at a time. I really listen to them for influence sake; when listening to them, it becomes INCREDIBLY obvious that they are where many modern punk/"punk" bands draw their influence from (side note: I tried for about 2 minutes to reword it so that the sentence did not end with a preposition. Then I gave up. So, I'm a grammar geek, but just a really lazy one?). I would listen to "Room without Windows" or "Jaded" or "Junkie's Running Dry." It gets a bit tedious (though using "tedious" to describe a punk album may nto be the best word choice) and repeditive, but it is pretty damn good.

I know it's stupid and somewhat music elitist, but I HATE it when people miscategorize "punk." I hate categorizing bands to begin with but COME ON. Good Charlotte: not punk. current Green Day: not punk. Operative Ivy: Punk. The Clash (<3 <3 <3): punk
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 19 2006, 04:38 PM)
    We should launch a music education campaign.

I still think people not knowing who (note: NOT if they've listened to them or not. Just know WHO THEY ARE) Queen/Led Zeppelin/Operation Ivy/the Who/the Doors are.

My jaw always drops when someone doesn't know who any of these bands are. Especially if they claim if they're really into music.

I think that's a marvelous idea.
  • It's not a band or anything, but in art class today my friend accidently glued the wrong side of something so the teacher laughed and was like, "Somebody's going to Harvard!" and this girl was like "..what's Harvard?"

HOW HAS SHE NEVER HEARD OF HARVARD
  • Sigh. What's with the hatin' on Iowa? mellow.gif

My sister lives in Ann Arbor though, so I e-mailed her urging her to go to the free show so I can live vicariously. wink.gif
  • The Avalon isn't too big, but I think it's the biggest venue they've played in Boston. I believe I'll be skipping the show, as lots of young kids always get in (whether its 18+ or not) and then they mosh and crowd surf and ruin the show.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 19 2006, 09:08 AM)
    Um, so I was just doing some research for the Trinity 'Space on venues, and this is what I found on Ticketmaster for the Philly show:

OK Go and Cheap Trick

omg that is pretty cool if its true. i'm a cheap trick fan so this is awesome sadly its not in tx. so blah!