In this Discussion

Tattoo you!

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Just-a wondering if anyone around here has any tattoos..or ever wanted to get a tattoo?

I got back from town about an hour ago..just had my second one done. I love it and it looks really cool too:)

Dave
*with a stinging arm*

Comments

• I want to get one, but I'm a big wuss and am afraid of needles.

If I got one, it'd most likely be like the ones from Chobits. There's a wing tattooed on both Elda and Freya's shoulders that looks like it'd be cool to have. I'll find pics and share.

And the concept of me running around betting everyone that I have wings and making a bajillion dollars off it sounds highly appealing as well. laugh.gif

In all actuality, I think at some point, I might design something. I have no idea where I'd put it though.

Where are yours at/what are they?
  • I want to get a star way low on my back, below the small of my back.

But yeah, I need to get over the fear of the pain first. (I also need to get over the fear of getting my belly button repierced....) And I don't think I'd get it until after I finish college.
  • i use to want an ouroboros tattoo, good thing i never went thru with it, 'cause i don't want one anymore...
  • This is the symbol of New Orleans, I got it after evacuating for Hurricane Katrina:

Show us yours!

Anyone wanna see a picture of mine while the tattooist was doing it? haha
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 30 2006, 08:34 PM)
    This is the symbol of New Orleans, I got it after evacuating for Hurricane Katrina:

Show us yours!

Anyone wanna see a picture of mine while the tattooist was doing it? haha

oh WOW that's great!

My friend has a tattoo on her side, right under her bra-strap line that translates phonetically to "bohemia" in hindi. It's actually really small and classy.

I woke up once and all I could think of was "three birds." For a good ten minutes, I wanted everything with three birds on it. I decided if I started a band, it would be called "three birds," I wanted a t-shirt with three birds on it, etc. etc. The creepy thing was, I decided to go to McGill and when I got here, I realized the McGill coat of arms has three birds as its symbol. Weeeird.

Point of the story: I really want a sparrow/swallow on my back, mid-ragne, over the back of my ribcage (yes, I know it will hurt like a bitch). However, in light of it really having little/no meaning for me and the fact that every indie/scene kid and his/her mother has a bird tattoo... I'm going to wait a couple of years and see if I still want one. If so, I'll get one. But it really doesn't matter if I wait on it for a little bit. Until then, I'm going to do less permanent things like piercings.

Though I only read QC occasionally, I really like Jeph Jaques' bird tattoos:
  • There's already a tattoo type thread knocking around on here somewhere. I was determined to get a tattoo the whole time i was 17, and when I got to 18 I didn't do it... Looking back I'm really glad cos I knowI would've regretted it so much

Sarah, I really like that. Did you get the treble clef done yet?!
  • Some cool ideas for tats..I've never been a really big tattoo fan..in fact when I was lots younger I don't think I'd have ever dreamed of getting one. Then one day I just thought..why not? It was never a 'cos the cool kids have tattoos' kinda thing.
    So I got this little goth girl tattooed on my upper right tricep..(for those that may read comic books it's actually 'Li'l Death' by Jill Thompson)..I just loved the artwork and thought it'd look cool. That was when I was about 18.

[attachment=263:attachment]

Then the one I got today is actually a tibetan mantra..'Om Mani Padme Hum'..written in Sanskrit on my right forearm. I'm not particularily spiritual..but I liked the idea that the mantra was all about cleansing the soul and striving towards bettering yourself with a purer life...plus it's a really cool looking design!

[attachment=264:attachment]

Dave
  • ima get a star on the back side of each my shoulders and the back of my neck pierced.
    like this
    im also gona get my lip pierced twice on the bottom on the same side. maybe twice on the top aswell same side. umm.
    i might cover my arm like this.
    and or im gona forget about the arm and do something around here.
    2 seperate tattoos in that area.

awesome.
  • didn't rachael have a heap of tattoos?
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 30 2006, 03:54 PM)
    Sarah, I really like that. Did you get the treble clef done yet?!

Nooo, there was this crazy thing at work where I didn't get paid all summer so I couldn't afford it, and I haven't found a good tattoo parlor down here yet that I trust. I'm actually debating that one now cause it's a really popular tattoo, and I think I may be able to come up with something more creative. I may end up waiting til I get back from Italy to get my next one....we'll see I guess.

Sarah, pleeeease don't get sleeves. They look really bad on girls, especially once they hit 30. REALLY bad. I like the other idea on the chest, though.
  • lol yea i was thinking about that.
  • I was just about to say that to Sarah lol, so yeah don't get sleeves, it's weird on girls, but some do pull it off quite well. Nee-hoo, I have one tattoo, I got it when I was 17, my dad took me to get it done lmao, he's awsome, it's a dolphin, some of you may have already seen it, I have it on my myspace, but I'll post it here in a sec.....

ok here it is.
    I'm so glad I had it done, I love it soooooo much.

I'm gonna get more done, but I want my sister to finish the desing I asked her for first, cuz I really want that to be my second tattoo, then I'm gonna get 5 more that remind me of my 3 brothers and my mom and dad, I'm already thinking of getting a yin yang and two stars (still debating those though), and I'd love to get the moon and the sun. And the tat my sis is designing will remind me of her, so I really have to THINK hard about what will remind me of the rest of the fam, OH and I'm definitely tattooing my zodiac sign wink.gif.... and now that I think about it, my birth stone is the same as my moms (we're the sama zodiac sign aswell, YUS!) so I can get the green emerald tattooed AND the singn and it'll remind me of her. HA! I'm awsome. But yeah, that's my plan.

WOW someone should really have me stop, cuz once I start talking I can't stop, but I'm gonna.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Oct 1 2006, 04:48 AM)
    Sarah, pleeeease don't get sleeves. They look really bad on girls, especially once they hit 30. REALLY bad. I like the other idea on the chest, though.

She's so right... Infact I don't think they look good on girls full stop, think about when you want to wear something dressy (I know right now you're probably thinking, yeah whatever, I'll never dress like that, but I guess most girls think that, I know I did) and if your whole arm was covered you'd totally feel silly. Something small and subtle would look really beautiful, but don't get your arm covered.

QUOTE (retroboy @ Oct 1 2006, 12:16 AM)
    Then the one I got today is actually a tibetan mantra..'Om Mani Padme Hum'..written in Sanskrit on my right forearm. I'm not particularily spiritual..but I liked the idea that the mantra was all about cleansing the soul and striving towards bettering yourself with a purer life...plus it's a really cool looking design!

Dave

This made me giggle a little, surely the idea of being pure and then having tattoos is some kinda of oxymoron type thing.... lol. but it looks REALLY good. And painful lol.
  • I think the idea is more purity of the soul..like I said though...I'm not spiritual (and most certainly not a Buddhist!) and the whole reasoning behind the mantra was not the reason I had it done. I just like that it also has a positive meaning.

Not too painful though..it's a good kinda pain if that makes sense?
  • It's an adrenaline rush. I was in such a great mood the rest of that day.

That sounds really cool--post a pic when it heals?
  • QUOTE (retroboy @ Sep 30 2006, 07:16 PM)
    [attachment=264:attachment]

I really like this one. The Sanskrit really does have an intrieging design, and the fact that its a mantra is very cool as well.

The Dolphin and New orleans tattoo are cool too.
  • Awww, I'm so glad you think my tattoo is cool laugh.gif it makes me smile from ear to ear!
  • i have quite a few, i have a big spiral of stars round my torso, and a sacred heart in the middle of it all.
    at the top of my back i have a buring heart with 3 stars, represents my fiery passion
    and on my left wrist, the words Dad and John, the word dad faces me so i can read it, and my dads name facing everyone else, and the same idea on the other wrist saying Mum and Angela, they're in white ink biggrin.gif
  • I have 5.
    i plan for a bunch more...
    I even have an ok go one.. haha
  • I'm thinking of getting a tattoo in the middle of my back, right above the small of my back.

Is it a stupid idea to get a very small tattoo of the mark that's on a cobra? Is that just lame?

I had a dream about getting a tattoo and I realized that I really wanted one, but I want something that I won't regret (for obvious reasons). Somehow, I think I would regret the one I'm thinking about.

Like this (w/o the cobra, just the marking):

Be honest.