In this Discussion

OK Go nominated for a VH1 award

edited November -1 in OK Go
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....9299&EDATE=

'VH1 Big in 'O6 Awards' Will Pay Homage to the Biggest People, the Biggest Moments, and the Biggest Babies of 2006!

VH1 is again letting America choose who this year's winners will be. Viewers can vote for each category online at http://big.vh1.com beginning October 25 at 4PM ET through December 1....

This year's categories/nominees include:

BIG DOWNLOAD
The artist that had the most talked about download of the year
-- London Bridge (Fergie)
-- White & Nerdy (Weird Al Yankovic)
-- Here It Goes Again (OK Go)
-- What's A Date (Lonely Girl Fifteen)
-- Jump In My Car (David Hasselhoff)

------------------
I have to admit that it's pretty tempting to vote for David Hasselhoff. blink.gif

Comments

• here it goes again should in theory win
  • You can't hassle The Hoff, though. Weird Al might also have something to say about this.
  • the fact it was the most downloaded vid and such though!

ok go should win it by default
  • awesomeness...I actually like Weird Al song...but OK Go should win fo sho. I'll vote like crazy.
  • David Hasselhoff?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Things are quite wild in there, right?

laugh.gif
  • Jump in my car is soooo ridiculous.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Oct 25 2006, 05:48 PM)
    awesomeness...I actually like Weird Al song...but OK Go should win fo sho. I'll vote like crazy.

Is it just a coincidence that his White & Nerdy video features him playing ping pong and bowling? Some other guys we know videotaped themselves playing ping pong and bowling too. Ergo, are they are also white & nerdy? rolleyes.gif

And Weird Al was high school valedictorian. A smartie like OK Go. Will the similarities never end? tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Oct 25 2006, 09:17 PM)
    Is it just a coincidence that his White & Nerdy video features him playing ping pong and bowling? Some other guys we know videotaped themselves playing ping pong and bowling too. Ergo, are they are also white & nerdy? rolleyes.gif

And Weird Al was high school valedictorian. A smartie like OK Go. Will the similarities never end? tongue.gif

Ha ha, I read this and then looked at your icon, and it looked like your icon was the one making the post laugh.gif
  • I didn't know it was a secret that OK Go is four white nerds..
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Oct 26 2006, 08:53 PM)
    I didn't know it was a secret that OK Go is four white nerds..

HAHAHAHA so true.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Oct 26 2006, 02:53 PM)
    I didn't know it was a secret that OK Go is four white nerds..

biggrin.gif
  • VOTE!! Oh yea, and while you're at it, click a few times on Stephen Colbert in the Breakthrough category. You're on notice.
  • I've voted so many times, if it was for me, they'll win.
    Hopefully, the other nominees don't have such devoted fans. laugh.gif
  • I love that it's a pic of Rusty and Tim with their nomination. woo!
  • Last day to vote you guys!!!

Let's all vote a million times for OK Go!

Big web Hit
  • Just voted a bunch! smile.gif Keep it rollin', everybody!
  • My poor poor finger is numbed by the incessant clicking.

I truly do hope they win the award. Lord knows they should win it by a landslide. But, my concern is the fellow competition. This will be tough, even for our talented guys.

Personally, I don't think the others are worth even considering as a "Big Web Hit", they are the most downloaded video (so statistics and interviews say) so that should make it an automatic win if people get off their arss (Or, I guess, move their arss to a computer chair) and go vote.

I'll just be hoping and clicking and watching on Dec. 3, although, I fear what I'll do if they don't win. I may just lunge for the t.v., symbolizing my rage for their loss. But, I have extreme hope that they will win. Huzzah.
  • The show's airing on Sunday?