In this Discussion

homage to OK Go

edited November -1 in OK Go
Someone on LJ was asking about this, so I thought I would post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8C5dX6Ox18

It's a Cingular cell phone commercial and they have a bunch of music references and at the very end, they have people dancing on the checkout counter like the HIGA video.

Comments

• I saw that on TV the other night! And I almost yelled at the screen because it was so blatantly treadmilly.
  • Ha, that's awesome.

OH! That reminds me. I meant to post about this AGES ago, but forgot. When Jen and I were walking around in Waterloo station, I saw this random iPod/Nike ad. It's a pair of Nike shoes and an iPod set on stopwatch, you know, implying that you can go running in your Nike shoes and listen to your music/time yourself at the same time.

Anyway. Guess what song was playing on the iPod? "Here It Goes Again." biggrin.gif I saw it and almost freaked out and dragged Jen over to it so she could see it, too, haha.

Unfortunately, I was trying to catch a train, so I didn't take a picture of it. I've seen the ad here in Paris, but they have a radom Black Eyed Peas song on there instead. tongue.gif
  • Also yesterday, my Mum Tivoed the OC and before it came on, the OC's bump that tells you it's coming up next was playing HIGA. I pointed and yelled, "OK Go!! That's OK Go!!" My mom goes, "What?" "OK GO!!!!!!" Then she just kind of shook her head and watched the show.
  • QUOTE (ZzLeigh @ Nov 10 2006, 06:42 PM)
    Also yesterday, my Mum Tivoed the OC and before it came on, the OC's bump that tells you it's coming up next was playing HIGA. I pointed and yelled, "OK Go!! That's OK Go!!" My mom goes, "What?" "OK GO!!!!!!" Then she just kind of shook her head and watched the show.

I know. They haven't stopped playing it. For every O.C. commercial they play that song.
  • hahah... i watched that with no sound...and it still ammused me biggrin.gif

so ok go is now officially a pop culture reference?
  • Hahaha--I just saw in a comment on this on YouTube that the song playing is by Jamiroquai.

We all know why that's funny.
  • why?

I don't know. I feel left out.
  • Aw sad.gif

Because the band calls the walking backwards and turning around move (the one Damian slips on in the video) "the Jamiroquai." Because of his '90s video where he was on a moving-floor-treadmillish thing throughout.
  • Ha. Funny Video. Love it.
  • a brazilian dude decided to crush ok go's video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3INj_ysAm0...ted&search=

why is it always cell phones?
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 19 2006, 02:39 PM)
    a brazilian dude decided to crush ok go's video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3INj_ysAm0...ted&search=

why is it always cell phones?

I think I understood like, two things that that man said. Something about saving money on your cell phone??
  • yeah it's a service where you get to know wich cellphone network provides better prices (there a like a kazillian different networks in Brazil). But it's very dumb...
  • Today I heard YSDM while watching a Payless Shoesource commercial. I ran screaming to the t.v. and my sister was like: "it's just a commercial."

I still got excited smile.gif
  • You're So Damn Mot? wink.gif Just kidding. That's awesome!!

Welcome!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 21 2006, 09:07 PM)
    You're So Damn Mot? wink.gif Just kidding. That's awesome!!

Welcome!

I guess I was still excited...OK OK, YSDH!!! yay I did it

And thanks for the welcome, I have been luriking around for a few weeks but was unable to post because of some error that kept coming up. I emailed the administrator but got tired of waiting (it's been like a week!) so i just registered again with a different name!

biggrin.gif
  • Well, yay for posting success! biggrin.gif
  • I love that commercial. And I freaked out over that OC one as well. I HATE the OC so deeply, but now I hope they'll play the commercial just so I can hear the song and giggle with glee, lol. When I was looking for their first CD in Target, one of their tvs came on with an ad for Oh No and they showed part of HIGA, so I yelled "OMG! It's OK Go!" and I started singing along with the video quietly while my mom kinda rolled her eyes and continued the search for the CD. The other people around me gave lots of funny looks. But they don't understand the greatnessicity of OK Go. And later when I was in Best Buy looking for the DVD, they came on with HIGA and I was very happy. Kinda sang along quietly as I ran after the nice guy that was running all over the store trying to find it for me. But right after that they played "Lips of an Angel", and I got all pissed off.