In this Discussion

iPod Shuffle Ad!!!

edited November -1 in OK Go
So I was on the metro today, heading to class, and we stopped at Villiers, and they'd put up huge ads for the new iPod shuffle in the station. They're basically pictures of random people's collars, belts, pockets, etc. with the new iPod shuffle clipped on. (Apparently the new tagline is "Put some music on.")

Anyway, I didn't pay much attention until the train was pulling out of the station, and we zoomed by an ad featuring a guy wearing a sweatshirt with three pins (badges for you Brits) pinned on- and one of them was an OK Go pin.

And we're talking an old school OK Go pin. It was the pansies background with the old school logo.

So basically my jaw dropped and I almost started shouting, except the French people would have stared at me. So I promise to go back sometime next week and take a picture, haha.

In the meantime, the TV ad is here- the shirt I'm talking about is the fifth in the ad I think, but unfortunately, they changed the OK Go pin to some other band instead. tongue.gif Maybe only the French are special.

Comments

• I think I have the button you're talking about, but yeah... that's awesome! Too bad the commercial doesn't have it.
  • That button is not even old school. lol. Back in the old day, they had a logo with the words "OK Go" outlined repeatedly. If that makes sense. There's an OK Go history lesson for you. wink.gif

yeah on the website it refers to this as the original logo. that being said, i think we'd all agree that the "get over it" era logo is ...errr..."older school" than the more common "oh no" logo.
    haha, sorry if that sounded incredibly retarded. ochem's turned my brain to mush. whee!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 30 2006, 04:57 PM)
    In the meantime, the TV ad is here- the shirt I'm talking about is the fifth in the ad I think, but unfortunately, they changed the OK Go pin to some other band instead. tongue.gif Maybe only the French are special.

You know I was just watching it, and one of the pins is a guy's face - it is REALLY small and I'm not sure, but I think it's Damian.
  • i went to my local apple store and in the back they have a projector where they have presentations, and they showed a clip from the HIGA video in an ad. very cool.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 1 2006, 04:05 AM)
    You know I was just watching it, and one of the pins is a guy's face - it is REALLY small and I'm not sure, but I think it's Damian.

It's not. I think it might be Bowie? I'm not 100% sure on that, but I'm pretty sure it's not Damian. The shirt in the ad has two out of three of the same buttons as in the ad I saw.

QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Dec 1 2006, 03:06 AM)
    That button is not even old school. lol. Back in the old day, they had a logo with the words "OK Go" outlined repeatedly. If that makes sense. There's an OK Go history lesson for you. wink.gif

Okay, well, it's not waaaaaaaaaaaay old school. You're right, the other logo is older. I was just surprised that they didn't use the most recent logo and decided to go with the one from their first record.
  • Woo! I got a pic!:

Sorry that the flash is like, right over the button/badge; this is actually on the glass that separates the quai from the track for line 14 in the Chatelet station (as opposed to being a poster ad hung on the wall), hence the reflection. I would have taken a better pic, but I was kind of afraid of all the French people staring at me with my camera.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 11 2006, 07:03 PM)
    Woo! I got a pic!:

Sorry that the flash is like, right over the button/badge; this is actually on the glass that separates the quai from the track for line 14 in the Chatelet station (as opposed to being a poster ad hung on the wall), hence the reflection. I would have taken a better pic, but I was kind of afraid of all the French people staring at me with my camera.

It's official, ok go are everywhere!!this is so cool!

QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 1 2006, 03:05 AM)

I think that it's beck, right?
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Dec 11 2006, 08:24 PM)
    I think that it's beck, right?

Yeah, I think it's Beck. I thought it was Bowie at first, haha, until I saw it up close.
  • It's the cover of Beck's Sea Change album. Kids today..
  • My ultra-mature response:

tongue.gif
  • Woo woo! Beck, OK Go and Phoenix! Phoenix is Canadian. On the Arts-Crafts Label. Here's a fun fact: Jason Collett gave me a hot dog. At his house. Excellent.
  • Thanks for taking the picture! I don't have that button, but if you combine two of my buttons, it turns into that button.

Maybe you all thought it was Bowie because of the paint on the face like the Aladdin Sane cover.
  • I wish there was more news on whether or not OK Go would be "hosting" their own iPod deal. I am in desperate need of anything that holds more music than my CD player and I don't know how much longer I can wait if/when it is ever released.
  • I want to know more about that too. My iPod is on the verge of dying because I've dropped it so many times. I want to know if I should save my money to buy an OK Go iPod or try and steal my brother's barely used iPod.
  • Oooh, are they thinking of doing that?
  • It's supposed to be a regular iPod with the HIGA video on it already or something like that. I'm not sure though because I haven't heard anything about it for a long time.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 12 2006, 02:26 AM)
    It's supposed to be a regular iPod with the HIGA video on it already or something like that. I'm not sure though because I haven't heard anything about it for a long time.

Ugh. I JUST bought an iPod last week!!! I'll totally kick myself if they put out an OK Go special edition next, although I can't really imagine them doing that because that would put them on a plane with U2, and that just doesn't sit right in my head.
  • I don't think they will. I remember someone saying that it wasn't going to be fancy like the U2 one.
  • Yeah. Damian mentioned some sort of excellent excercise video thing on there..