In this Discussion

New Orleans 11/29

2»

Comments

• QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 30 2006, 08:19 PM)
    He is soooo trying to seduce you.

I am not easily seducible, but if he gave me that look...I don't think I could handle that type of situation.
  • oh man! nice pictures!

I thought Damian was the devil child... but Andy always seems to get red eye. Looks like hes stealing someones soal.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Dec 1 2006, 12:46 AM)
    I am not easily seducible, but if he gave me that look...I don't think I could handle that type of situation.

Just remember, "no" means no. laugh.gif

Unless you wanted to, hahah.
    QUOTE (agentnumone @ Dec 1 2006, 12:51 AM)
    oh man! nice pictures!

I thought Damian was the devil child... but Andy always seems to get red eye. Looks like hes stealing someones soal.

Didn't you know? Andy is secretly out to get us all. He's the antichrist. He's Dami-e-n from "The Omen" trilogy, reborn! muahahah. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Nov 30 2006, 08:05 PM)
    I promise I'll tell you all about it tomorrow once I finish classes!

So exactly what time do you finish your classes...J/K laugh.gif

I'll just wait by the computer all day....
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 30 2006, 11:04 PM)
    Didn't you know? Andy is secretly out to get us all. He's the antichrist. He's Dami-e-n from "The Omen" trilogy, reborn! muahahah. tongue.gif

There's actually 4 movies! but the 4th one is about a girl, named delia, so i guess it doesn't really count. so don't mind me, haha.

those are some really good pictures! it's nice that they didn't turn out grainy or anything like mine tend to do at concerts. but i'm a really horrible picture taker, and my camera probably really bites, so.. .yeah. haha.
  • (I was watching Mean Girls and then they said "Damian" when talking to the gay guy, and I totally cracked up. It was wonderful)

What color are Andy's eyes? Sometimes they look blue, sometimes they look green. I know Damian and Dan have green eyes and Tim has brown-yet he still gets red eye-, but what does Andy have?
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 30 2006, 09:46 PM)
    What color are Andy's eyes? Sometimes they look blue, sometimes they look green. I know Damian and Dan have green eyes and Tim has brown-yet he still gets red eye-, but what does Andy have?

Maybe Andy has that magic combination: Blue-Green
  • Alright obviously you guys are more important than homework so here’s what when down last night at the New Orleans show….

I managed to get 3 of my friends to go with who know Ok Go but don’t know much by them, so we headed downtown and were hanging out for a while before doors opened. My friend needed a light, so we walk down the line to find her one and who do we see but the fabulous Dan Konopka, so I grabbed her and we went to say hi to Dan. We talked to him for a few minutes, and we got a picture with him (now I only need pictures with Andy and Tim to have one with all of the guys.) So we head back to line, wait forever for the club to open, and we finally make it inside and up to the front of the stage.

While we’re waiting for Ok Go to start (they were opening for DCfC), we realized that everyone in the crowd was there to see Death Cab. Seriously, everyone. There were maybe 10 Ok Go fans in the crowd (wtf is up with that? Clearly Ok Go is a million times better than DC), so everyone around was confused that we (alright, it was me that was the really spastic excited one) were really excited for Ok Go, and they finally came on stage. Rachael and I danced through their whole set while all the DC fans stood around. The crowd really sucked. Apparently, they weren’t even good for Death Cab—they didn’t even respond to Ben when he talked to them a couple times. Whatever, we were having a great time. I think I was the only person at the front singing along to all of the songs they played, which probably helped me later (see below). Here’s the set list:

Television Television
    Don't Ask Me
    No Sign of Life
    A Good Idea at the Time
    Here It Goes Again
    ELO Cover
    Get Over It
    Oh Lately It's So Quiet
    Invincible
    Do What You Want
    AMW

I was slightly upset that the guys didn’t play more from the first album, but it was a long set for an opener and I’m definitely happy with what we heard. Anyways, I’m used to concerts where the crowds shout things at the band (it always makes for a better show when the crowd is into it), so during a break between songs, I yelled “Play Return!”

Damian’s response was something along the line of “What? No! We don’t play requests, it makes us feel like monkeys. Nothing against monkeys, but we won’t do it. Also, I’m sick so I couldn’t possibly sing that song.” He started talking for a while about the steroids he was taking, then they launched into “A Good Idea at the Time.”

So my friends and I keep dancing while they keep playing, and the crowd finally (kind of at least) got into it when they played “Here It Goes Again.” Then the guys played an ELO cover and GOI, which the crowd also liked. There was a pause after that so I, as I tend to do at shows, decided to yell something else and I said “Dance!” I don’t really know why, but whatever….haha. Anyways, Damian goes “We don’t dance!” in an affronted tone and asked who said it. He figured out it was me—I was directly in front of him—and asked my name, then said, “Well, everyone this song is for Sarah” (!!@#!!!) and they started “Oh Lately It’s So Quiet” which made me so happy—1) because I love that song and 2) because OK GO DEDICATED A SONG TO ME haha. Little did I know…..

So during their last song, I reached over and grabbed the set list. I went for it early because I knew this girl who was a Death Cab fan, not an Ok Go fan (she had no idea who they were) wanted it, but I wanted us to have it (I thought it was appropriate of me to be a pretentious snob about my band while at a Death Cab show—the epitome of indie). I grabbed it for Rachael, who is the one who got all the guys to sign it, and apparently Damian saw me take it and laughed when I did it (damn, I wish I’d seen that). So then the guys finished the set and I got depressed. The stage was tiny, there was no mention of AMW on the setlist, and their set had already been really long, so I wasn’t sure that they were going to do the dance (silly me rolleyes.gif ).

I realized pretty quickly that the guys weren’t leaving the stage while Dan’s drum set was being moved, so I got really excited again, and then it happened—I heard Damian say, “Alright guys, we’re going to do something for you all, and we’re going to need help so Sarah’s going to come up on stage with us.” As you may imagine, I FREAKED out smile.gif and my friends managed to shove me up on stage. So Damian put me right next to one of the amps and told me to give them thumbs up or thumbs down to let them know if they were doing well or badly (who was he kidding, of course I’m going to give you guys thumbs up anytime you look at me, I LOVE YOU blink.gif haha). I seriously felt like the girl in that illustration that is in someone’s sig (the I want your babies one, haha sorry I can’t remember whose that is), I know I was grinning like an idiot the entire time. So I watched the guys do the AMW dance from onstage and they all looked over at me and smiled a couple times (melt freak out !@@#!!!~# haha) then when it was over Damian pulled me over and made me take a bow with them, then Damian and Andy both thanked me and shook my hand and they all left the stage and I got off it. While I continued freaking out for the rest of my life. laugh.gif

I’m gonna make the rest of this quick because it just took me half an hour to type all that. So I managed to talk to all the guys except Andy sad.gif after the show, and I kinda managed to hold a conversation with the three of them. I’m both shy and awkward, but I impressed myself talking with the guys, probably because they’re all fantastic at making people feel comfortable with them. I heard the guys are thinking they want to record in Sweden again next spring/summer after the Snow Patrol tour and some European dates. And it was pretty sweet to hear the story of the origins of the name Ok Go directly from Tim when my friend asked him how they got the name.

So basically, it was one of the most surreal nights of my life, and I didn’t think it was possible for me to love this band any more than I already did. Silly me. smile.gif All of the guys were so sweet and the show was fantastic—too bad I’m ruined now, no band will ever be able to top last night. And sorry I wrote soooo much, thanks for reading this if you got all the way through it...
  • defo. blue

edit: that is so AWESOME!! i'm jealous. glad you had a good time smile.gif
  • Oh, right! Duh! Blue. Stupid stupid stupid tongue.gif

That sounds fantastic! Lucky lucky you biggrin.gif I am also incredibly shy/awkward with guys. I can't talk to them or try to interact at all. I had all these embarrassing things happen to me this morning when I went out for breakfast. I wanted nothing more than to crawl under the table. I kept making things worse, and I'm sure my face was bright red sad.gif
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Nov 30 2006, 09:53 PM)
    I was slightly upset that the guys didn’t play more from the first album, but it was a long set for an opener and I’m definitely happy with what we heard.

That does seem like a pretty long set for opening, but they didn't even play YSDH. Weird.

So during their last song, I reached over and grabbed the set list. I went for it early because I knew this girl who was a Death Cab fan, not an Ok Go fan (she had no idea who they were) wanted it, but I wanted us to have it (I thought it was appropriate of me to be a pretentious snob about my band while at a Death Cab show—the epitome of indie).

If she hasn't even heard of them, then she doesn't deserve it. You saved a set list from being with a unappreciative owner.

I seriously felt like the girl in that illustration that is in someone’s sig (the I want your babies one, haha sorry I can’t remember whose that is

It seems like you're talking about Kay's sig, except that one is about posters by the bed. Unless you're talking about one that I haven't seen before or something.

I’m both shy and awkward, but I impressed myself talking with the guys, probably because they’re all fantastic at making people feel comfortable with them.

They're really good at that. The first few times I saw them, I was so nervous, but they were really nice and now it's so easy for me to talk to them. I'm still pretty shy when it comes to any other band though.

And sorry I wrote soooo much, thanks for reading this if you got all the way through it...

It's okay. We love reading about OK Go. Thanks for putting off homework to share it with all of us.

It sounded like such a great show! Excluding the uninvolved crowd. I should try yelling at Damian because I usually yell at Tim and he justs ignore me all the time. haha. I would feel really awkward if I was pulled up on stage. I would have no idea what to do.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 1 2006, 03:33 AM)
    That does seem like a pretty long set for opening, but they didn't even play YSDH. Weird.

It seems like you're talking about Kay's sig, except that one is about posters by the bed. Unless you're talking about one that I haven't seen before or something.

I would feel really awkward if I was pulled up on stage. I would have no idea what to do.

Yeah, I was really upset cause that's my favorite Ok Go song, but oh well...

haha yeah it is hers, just the sentiment of it captures how I was feeling on stage.

I was SO awkward on stage. I felt like a 13-year-old fangirl cause I was freaking out the entire time I was on stage. I was definitely grinning like an idiot. One of my friends took a picture of me onstage with her camera-phone (and I look so awkward in it), so if we figure out a way to get it onto a computer, I'll post it.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 1 2006, 02:33 AM)

They didn't play YSDH at the Cheap Trick show either. I too would've been very disappointed by that.

Sarah I'm SO excited for you - Congratulations and thank you for the write up! I enjoyed reading it. :-)
  • oh man! sounds like such a rad time!

so awesome you got to dance with them!
  • aha that's great!

too bad they'll be in a stadium w/ snow patrol... otherwise, I'd totally yell stuff at them.

I'll prolly yell at them anyways, but there's a much slimmer chance of getting up on stage, haha.

that setlist does seem a bit odd, but maybe they wanted to play songs the crowd was more likely to know, which would mean songs from this album. either way, sounds awesome.

I probably wouldn't stop grinning the whole day.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 30 2006, 09:46 PM)
    What color are Andy's eyes? Sometimes they look blue, sometimes they look green.

I found this picture, his eyes look AMAZING!

ARoss Stickerhead
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Dec 1 2006, 04:34 PM)
    I probably wouldn't stop grinning the whole day.

I've been grinning ever since. I think it'll last at least through the weekend (finals start next week so I dunno about then) smile.gif

hahaha that picture of Andy is awesome!
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Nov 30 2006, 11:53 PM)
    I heard Damian say, “Alright guys, we’re going to do something for you all, and we’re going to need help so Sarah’s going to come up on stage with us.”
    *DROPS DEAD*

OMG, Sarah, thank you for telling your story! That is so amazing. CONGRATS!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif lol
  • Wow!!! What a great story! tongue.gif I am so happy for you!