In this Discussion

New LA show - Safari Sam's

Comments

• ok. i just got an email today saying that the show is 18+.

Ladies & Gentlemen! Here we are once again presenting you with an amazing Check Yo' Ponytail that is sure to go down in the books as one of the best! Not only do we have OK GO playing, but we have the lovely ladies of ROCKET, and Seattle's best SIRENS SISTER aaaaaaaand tons of free shit to give away! It's 18+ ONLY $5!!!! So come out, but first rsvp to RSVP@IHEARTCOMIX.COM, and we'll watch some music and then we'll party! Check out all the FREE stuff you are going to have a chance to get your hands on

last week i got an email saying it was all ages, so i don't know which one is right. hopefully, you guys can get in.
  • oh no that really sucks! and it starts at 8p.m. too... i could've gone if it wasn't 18+ sad.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 18 2006, 02:19 AM)
    haha. You're right about that. At the first OK Go show I tried to sneak into, my plan was that I was Damian's adopted little sister, but he was really confused when I tried to explain it to him. He kept saying, "But my sister is in Orlando..." so that didn't work.

Aw, it was worth a try! My first sneak in was at UCSD, we had to get three willing girls to give up their ID's to strange girls approaching them in the dark. We got them though! When we were walking in, our faces were even compared. We felt sneaky and slightly deviant.
  • QUOTE (katiekaboom @ Dec 19 2006, 05:51 AM)
    ok. i just got an email today saying that the show is 18+.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I'm so disappointed....

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Dec 18 2006, 10:31 PM)
    Aw, it was worth a try! My first sneak in was at UCSD, we had to get three willing girls to give up their ID's to strange girls approaching them in the dark. We got them though! When we were walking in, our faces were even compared. We felt sneaky and slightly deviant.

Well, I got in because they didn't check I.D.s, even though I was 15 and it was an 18+ show. Then when I saw Tim, he was all shocked and said, "Wow! How'd you get in?" because I had been trying to get him to sneak me in too.

If venues aren't too strict, they usually don't care about your age for 18+ shows. It's the 21+ shows that are difficult to get into. Hopefully everyone can get into this show.
  • its not 18+!!!!!!
    its not 18+!!!!!!
    its not 18+!!!!!!
    its not 18+!!!!!!

Proof:
    Your On the List!!!!!!!!!

TUES DEC 19th
    iheartcomix, Love Yourself, White Trash Charms , Urb Magazine & Viva La
    Rock present:
    CHECK YO' PONYTAIL!
    @ SAFARI SAM'S
    5214 Sunset Blvd (@ Kingsley, in the 99¢ store lot)
    OK GO
    ROCKET
    SIRENS SISTER
    with DJs:
    FRANKI CHAN
    DJ PAPARAZZI
    plus...
    WIN A FREE ZUNE!
    WIN TICKETS TO SEE GNARLS BARKLEY, THE FLAMING LIPS & CAT POWER ON NEW
    YEARS!
    (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09003D68FEA2BF08?artistid=821004&majorcati
    d=10001&minorcatid=60)
    $3 OFF DEWARS ALL NIGHT!
    SONIC YOUTH "The Destroyed Room: B-sides & Rarities" Record release
    party
    Free Sonic Youth Shwag!
    PHOTOS by SHADOWSCENE!
    FREE PARKING!
    RSVP: rsvp@iheartcomix.com
    Doors 8pm All Ages $5
    http://www.myspace.com/checkyoponytail
    http://www.checkyponytail.com
  • They made us pay $10.00 for not being the legal drinking age. Oh well it was an amazing show. We're going to probably write a long blog or a decent sized one and post it on here.
  • OMG.

IT WAS PHENOMENAL.

I loved the clubbing afterwards!!!!!!! There were actually a lot of cute guys!!!!! And the music was great!!!! Man I can't wait to be 21 smile.gif Or at least 18 smile.gif

DAN GAVE ME WATER!! Damian talked to me smile.gif!!!!
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Dec 20 2006, 11:00 AM)
    OMG.

IT WAS PHENOMENAL.

I loved the clubbing afterwards!!!!!!! There were actually a lot of cute guys!!!!! And the music was great!!!! Man I can't wait to be 21 smile.gif Or at least 18 smile.gif

We waited until about 2 and met Dan, Tim and Damian again, but no Andy! We asked one of the crew guys if Andy was still in there and he said he left a long time ago.

WHY ANDY!?
  • No ANDY?!!! man that guy seems unreachable! Maybe the rest of the guys don't allow him to come out after all the shows. But I'm happy you guys met the rest of the guys again...pics and reviews soon I hope?
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Dec 20 2006, 11:31 AM)
    We waited until about 2 and met Dan, Tim and Damian again, but no Andy! We asked one of the crew guys if Andy was still in there and he said he left a long time ago.

WHY ANDY!?

Aww, I'm really sorry you guys weren't able to meet him!

I was actually able to get a picture with him and my friend (if it weren't for her, I would've probably come home empty handed since I was too shy to say anything). I don't know if you remember me, I was talking about how I lurked on the boards and had the guy friend who was giving out candy in line. tongue.gif
  • I'm glad everyone was able to go. I can't wait to hear more about the show!
  • QUOTE (enitskirt @ Dec 20 2006, 02:39 PM)
    Aww, I'm really sorry you guys weren't able to meet him!

I was actually able to get a picture with him and my friend (if it weren't for her, I would've probably come home empty handed since I was too shy to say anything). I don't know if you remember me, I was talking about how I lurked on the boards and had the guy friend who was giving out candy in line. tongue.gif

Ohhh, hey how are you? Lucky people. We found out after waiting for about an hour and half in the freezing cold that we were allowed to go back inside. dry.gif I'm glad that you got your picture and you created an account. Thanks for the candy and sorry about the interrogation, we were just trying to make sure that they weren't poisoned.
  • here are some pictures from last night

was it just me or did damian seem pissed off by the end of the set?
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Dec 20 2006, 07:00 PM)

OMG i think i saw u. he gave it to u w/ his feet right and then andy was saying something to him.

QUOTE (enitskirt @ Dec 20 2006, 10:39 PM)
    I don't know if you remember me, I was talking about how I lurked on the boards and had the guy friend who was giving out candy in line. tongue.gif

I saw u. i think u were next to me at the concert. I had an interpol sweatshirt for a while and then i took it off (god, it was hot!). and then that guy u were w/ started dancing with some chicks, right? oh & ur friend got all embarrassed when u asked the hott guy from the 1st opening band for something, right, right???

QUOTE (katiekaboom @ Dec 21 2006, 03:47 AM)
    was it just me or did damian seem pissed off by the end of the set?

Yes, extremely. i guess it was cuz of all the technical problems and stuff.

Last night was awesome though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Dec 20 2006, 08:08 PM)
    OMG i think i saw u. he gave it to u w/ his feet right and then andy was saying something to him.

That was actually my friend Tabatha (Redstar7). Andy said how he like that kick move he did with his feet.

I agree that last night was da bomb despite those few technical difficulties. When we saw Damian he said that he thought they did a sucky job. He was just being modest.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Dec 20 2006, 05:49 PM)
    Ohhh, hey how are you? Lucky people. We found out after waiting for about an hour and half in the freezing cold that we were allowed to go back inside. dry.gif I'm glad that you got your picture and you created an account. Thanks for the candy and sorry about the interrogation, we were just trying to make sure that they weren't poisoned.

I'm good! Yeah, Safari Sam's was really sort of crazy. I mean, I was sort of pissed that they didn't mention the $10 cover if you're under 21, but like...they should've let you know that! Anyways, I'm sorry if my friend came off as crazy. tongue.gif We were just trying to get rid of it because we had too many. Don't worry, if I were in the same position, I probably wouldn't have taken any.

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Dec 20 2006, 08:08 PM)
    I saw u. i think u were next to me at the concert. I had an interpol sweatshirt for a while and then i took it off (god, it was hot!). and then that guy u were w/ started dancing with some chicks, right? oh & ur friend got all embarrassed when u asked the hott guy from the 1st opening band for something, right, right???

Oh yeah, I remember you! Hey! Sorry we were so loud. And yeah, my friend was such a dork about that picture. I mean, he was good looking, but I don't know how she could be so scared of that and less afraid of asking Andy for a picture. Maybe it's because she didn't really know about the band until now. Haha.
  • HEY! VINCA YOU'RE THE GIRL IN THE INTERPOL SHIRT? I WAS THAT CRAZY GIRL WHO KEPT TELLING YOU TO DANCE!!! HAHA!!! Yeah I can't believe all you guys just stood around! I couldn't stop moving!!

I was the canvas and the music was the painter.

Oh yeah man, that candy hit the spot smile.gif THANKS FOR IT!

Talk about fucking great smile.gif

My modest, small photo album of OK GO at Safari Sam's
  • AND OH MAN... I would've stayed till 2..... :'( When did the club close? I want to go back smile.gif there were a lot of cute guys (or at least the dark added like +5 to cuteness) and I love the music smile.gif I had such a blast, my legs are so sore and cramped from jumping around too, hehe! I walked around school like I had alotta yummy sex, which is true, if you think about it metaphorically smile.gif

Did I mention I love life?

I love it smile.gif
  • Such loverly pictures you've got!
    I really like Tim's outfit there. Very nice.