In this Discussion

London KOKO, 4th feb?

Comments

• Are you kidding, since when did Koko hold that many people? have you ever been? Its tiny!!! I'll be there. Obviously. yay!! biggrin.gif

Carin, I am gonna meet you!! LOL
  • Well, according to the website it holds 1500. I've never been there myself. But hopefully I will have by Feb! biggrin.gif
  • Well I wouldn't say it held 1500 people, there's no way its that big. Atleast thats what I remember, I wasn't all too sober...
  • Hmm
    Well, all I know is that it better not sell out by Friday. Because otherwise there will be a very angry Kerrie on the warpath dry.gif
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Dec 19 2006, 10:42 PM)
    Well I wouldn't say it held 1500 people, there's no way its that big. Atleast thats what I remember, I wasn't all too sober...

No, when I talked to Barry about it on the phone, he described it as "small" and "rather intimate." Or words of that ilk, I don't remember exactly what he said.

Dammit! I wanna' go to the London show now! >.<
  • I want you to come too! I think I might just go buy 2 tickets right now and then see who wants to come along... be it you or my brother or a friend.... Hmmmm.
  • Ok I just bought my tickets. YAY!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 20 2006, 10:02 AM)
    No, when I talked to Barry about it on the phone, he described it as "small" and "rather intimate." Or words of that ilk, I don't remember exactly what he said.

Dammit! I wanna' go to the London show now! >.<

Oh that sounds wonderful...

You SHOULD come to the London show!!!!!
  • (sigh) now you all have ME wanting to go to this London show. It's crazy, but I could totally do it. Just a quick weekend jaunt across the pond, don't you know.
  • *crosses fingers*
    Oh how I hope my boss is going to be nice and give us our pay a week early cossa Christmas. Then I can get the tickets Saturday night.
    Eeh, I want them now sad.gif
  • QUOTE (azulaco @ Dec 21 2006, 03:40 AM)
    (sigh) now you all have ME wanting to go to this London show. It's crazy, but I could totally do it. Just a quick weekend jaunt across the pond, don't you know.

I saw them in Florida and Atlanta at the start of december. I totally wouldnt advise using your money to fly to a different Country to see them, don't get me wrong I love OK Go (god, i've seen them 15 times) but its really not worth it. It isn't like they wont tour again.
  • *has got tickets*

*is uber excited*
  • Apologies with dragging a thread up again, but anyone know what's going on with the age restrictions?
    I checked 4 tickets sites- 2 say it's 18+, 2 say nothing.
    I'm out by a few months... think it'd be a waste of money?
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Dec 21 2006, 04:12 PM)
    I saw them in Florida and Atlanta at the start of december. I totally wouldnt advise using your money to fly to a different Country to see them, don't get me wrong I love OK Go (god, i've seen them 15 times) but its really not worth it. It isn't like they wont tour again.

So....can I just call it a coincidence that I may be in London at the same time they are? laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Angel @ Jan 3 2007, 09:35 PM)
    Apologies with dragging a thread up again, but anyone know what's going on with the age restrictions?
    I checked 4 tickets sites- 2 say it's 18+, 2 say nothing.
    I'm out by a few months... think it'd be a waste of money?

I've been trying to find this out as well. I will be 18 by then (I turn 18 next Friday thankfully), but my bezzie who is coming with us won't be 18, even though she looks it. I'm hoping the 18 limit isn't on or they won't ID us. But I will take ID just in case.
    I've e-mailed the Koko club, hopefully I will get a reply soon. If / when I do, I will post it here
  • QUOTE (geezabird @ Jan 4 2007, 03:45 PM)
    I've been trying to find this out as well. I will be 18 by then (I turn 18 next Friday thankfully), but my bezzie who is coming with us won't be 18, even though she looks it. I'm hoping the 18 limit isn't on or they won't ID us. But I will take ID just in case.
    I've e-mailed the Koko club, hopefully I will get a reply soon. If / when I do, I will post it here

My friend left this on her 13-year-old daughter's myspace re: this concert:

"Daughter!!! I phoned the KCLSU for you! the ticket agent slapped the 16+ restriction on the gig, but the venue says if I sign a disclaimer and you're with me and Dad.....they don't care!"

So it may be 16+, or at the very least you can have your parents help you out?
  • I haven't got my tickets yte. Granted I only ordered them 2 weeks ago tomorrow night, but I want my tickets as confirmation that Im actually going.

And if 16 is the age limit, that is so helpful, because I don't need to take ID laugh.gif
  • KCLSU is kings college london student union? In which case they moved the gig from koko? EH?!?!?!

And guys, seriously, have you never been to metro? Their shows are always over18 and they let like 13 year olds in, if you have tickets, they generally let you in. I wouldn't stress...

ALSO I got my tickets like 2 days after I ordered them... Yeah.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Dec 19 2006, 04:32 PM)
    Are you kidding, since when did Koko hold that many people? have you ever been? Its tiny!!! I'll be there. Obviously. yay!! biggrin.gif

Carin, I am gonna meet you!! LOL

Haha yes you are! I am excited! We shall drink, rock out to OK Go and make merry! YAY! lol

And I haven't bought my ticket yet ....do you think it'll sell out before January 18th when I'm actually in London?
  • Honestly? Nah. I really doubt that it will. They're headliners and also Koko is a club so a lot of younger people are probably not going to be able to go.