In this Discussion

Best "Return" Remake Ever

edited November -1 in OK Go
[edit: please for the love of god delete this topic]

Comments

• Wow! I didn't know Alvin and the Chipmunks did a cover of Return!
    Wait a second... huh.gif
  • Is that really supposed to be funny? Because that is the least funny song I've heard in my life...and Return definately should not be made fun of, if that was the intention... sad.gif
  • I couldn't even listen to that whole thing.

this is pretty sad. sad.gif
  • This threads title is really misleading lol. Sounds like someone sucked on some Helium then started recording the song.

Adrienne
  • Yeah, ok. Not for Return. No one should ever mess with that song. Never ever. I mean, really. It's too sad, and I'm sure Damian wouldn't appreciate this at all. Speed up C-c-c-cinnamon Lips, or maybe Invincible, but people just shouldn't touch any of these Timory related songs. That's just sad.
  • Just bear with me for a second.

OK, I'm very sorry that I offended you however, it was never ever my intention to and I hope you forgive me. I just thought it was cool to hear the same song with a totally different voice. Granted it's not a very pleasant voice but its different nonetheless. And the difference I thought was cool but I didn't realize it was really insulting. I understand exactly where you're coming from so please realize I appreciate the song as much as you do. smile.gif
  • It's a really stupid mix of the music. It's not different!Every single has that kind of remix...It's just boring and stupid...
    Even Hinder have something like that on youtube...so...(I think there's nothing more to say)
  • I think it was just meant to be a joke. The person who did it probably didn't know what the song is about.
  • Exactly, guys. Relax.
  • I actually think Damian sounds pretty damn good as a girl!
  • I couldn't listen to it entirely. It nearly made me sick.
  • oh my god do i feel like a total asshole right now. i just searched google for timory. came up with this: http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=124642

now im just freakin depressed right now that i know the story behind it sad.gif
  • Yaemes, don't get all worked up. It was a misunderstanding. You learn, people forgive, we'll all move on.
  • Just a heads up, I got yelled at the last time I posted that link.
  • It's OK. like said earlier, it was a misunderstanding. And I know you didn't mean to pick on it, even if you didn't know the meaning of it then.

Obviously I don't think things through, thoroughly.

. . . too much alliteration . . .

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Yaemes (Biggest fan in ATL) @ Jan 5 2007, 09:08 PM)
    oh my god do i feel like a total asshole right now. i just searched google for timory. came up with this: http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=124642

Ok nor I feel bad for being so rough on you, I'm sorry.
  • QUOTE (Yaemes (Biggest fan in ATL) @ Jan 5 2007, 01:08 PM)
    oh my god do i feel like a total asshole right now. i just searched google for timory. came up with this: http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=124642

woah woah woah...that song meanings site thing is wrong. Timory definately did not commit suicide! That whole thing was a tragic accident (unless I've been horribly misinformed...)
  • The comments towards the bottom are right.
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Jan 7 2007, 05:28 PM)
    woah woah woah...that song meanings site thing is wrong. Timory definately did not commit suicide! That whole thing was a tragic accident (unless I've been horribly misinformed...)

oh, if you read down it says it was an accident. it was just that one uninformed reader that posted that. but someone else corrects them if you scroll down some. that was the saddest, most depressing thing ive ever read.

a friend of a friend of mine died the same way about a month ago. his name was tyler cross. he graduated from our school and was in college for just a few months, but i never knew him. our whole school honored his death. we were all completely silent for hours. all of us. i mean its a weird feeling.. and when i read that i just went through the feeling again.

ok, we now return to our normally scheduled programming.
  • The last time this came up, a lot of people were really upset that the band could be reading this, so I think we should all move on because this is a little too personal.