In this Discussion

Free Show in Glendale, AZ

2»

Comments

• Pfft, assuming there is a concert, the damn concert may be free, but parking is at least $40. (Umm, I dunno. Should I still go?)
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 3 2007, 02:27 PM)
    How did you find that out? I'm AMAZED because I know I tried to find out and couldn't!!!

ihave7stars is a clever little minx. smile.gif She is amazing! Maybe the Blue Collar band is opening for OK Go?

Tempe - I think you should go, if at all possible. I saw them at the U of M/Mich. State football game, also on the Pontiac Garage stage, and it was so much fun. It wasn't that crowded at all (only a few hundred people) since most of the people willing to brave the crowds are there for the game. Park further away and walk - I would hate to pay $40 to park.
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Jan 3 2007, 08:09 PM)
    Tempe - I think you should go, if at all possible. I saw them at the U of M/Mich. State football game, also on the Pontiac Garage stage, and it was so much fun. It wasn't that crowded at all (only a few hundred people) since most of the people willing to brave the crowds are there for the game. Park further away and walk - I would hate to pay $40 to park.

Did you or anyone at the U of M show get a chance to interact w/ the lads afterward or were they in a hurry?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 3 2007, 10:23 PM)
    Did you or anyone at the U of M show get a chance to interact w/ the lads afterward or were they in a hurry?

We got there about an hour early. There were about 20 fans just hanging around listening to the band's sound check. And then a woman just comes up to my 9 y/o daughter and me and says, "Would you like to meet the band?" "Uh..sure!" So we all got to file through a tent next to the stage. The guys were at two tables, signing autographs and talking. My husband knew the photographer that Pontiac Garage had hired, so we got to stick around a little longer. Damian was very sweet to my daughter when she asked if "Bye, Bye Baby" was about his cat. They were all very nice and smiley. tongue.gif

They did take off pretty quickly after the show, but as their Yukon Denali drove away, I said "Great show, Damian." Here is a picture of him saying: "Thanks a lot, Sweetie. Thanks for coming!" And I don't care if he called 20 other women 'Sweetie' that day - I liked it!
  • God, he has a way of making you feel like he's never called anyone that before. wub.gif I've had that and "babe."

He's really brilliant with that. When you think about it, it's a perfect, perfect way to keep things moving when he's got a bunch of fans around or is leaving somewhere--he ends it with calling you something like that, and you are too stunned and elated to do much of anything, and by the time you come to your senses, he's onto the next person laugh.gif But you feel so damn good, you don't care. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh, you charming, wonderful bastard
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 5 2007, 09:47 PM)
    Oh, you charming, wonderful bastard

haha, so well put.

This thread and your worries about parking reminds me of the time my friends and I went to a Tulane/Navy football game in Annapolis. We parked where someone told us to at some school near the stadium, and somehow one of my friends and I thought it would be okay to wander through the nearby neighborhood to find a bathroom while we tailgated--and some woman actually let us use her bathroom.

Good luck getting there and everything!
  • QUOTE ((pa)nida @ Jan 3 2007, 04:54 AM)
    Okay, A&T, we must drive out to AZ this weekend! I have never driven there before, and I am VERY sure we'll get lost, but LET'S GO ANYWAY!!!

Alright, jk again. Let's not get our hopes up again, like for New Year's Eve. unsure.gif

Ah, reminds me of my younger days where I'd be at football games for the music. Or I was part of the music. There goes my big secret (band geek, w00t~!).

It's T&A! Gosh!

Don't tease about going! When it comes to OK Go I can make some pretty rash decisions, so if I think someone is willing, I get even more willing. Thus, my hopes get really really high, and then SHOT DOWN! See: Vegas.

And, getting lost is half the fun! Too bad you were joking! JEEZ.

p.s. Angela and I were band geeks too!
  • Tempe, are you going?

I hope so! Report back! (Like you wouldn't ...)
  • I'll be there. It is almost my backyard! I'm excited!!
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Jan 7 2007, 09:31 PM)
    I'll be there. It is almost my backyard! I'm excited!!

Kelsey, the event location has changed. The pontiac garage concert will be at 3:30 at College Football's Greatest Party site. (91st Ave and Bethany Home Rd at the Glendale Youth Sports Complex). But you have to pay to get in.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 8 2007, 11:15 AM)
    Kelsey, the event location has changed. The pontiac garage concert will be at 3:30 at College Football's Greatest Party site. (91st Ave and Bethany Home Rd at the Glendale Youth Sports Complex). But you have to pay to get in.

son of a bitch. i went to the stadium and all. i just thought the show was a bust. yeah this really improves my day.