In this Discussion

London KOKO, 4th feb?

Comments

• So, debate:

I don't think I'm going to be in the UK as much as I though in January (ie, I don't think Barry's having a party, and even if he was, I'm not even sure I'd be able/want to go anyway. Big confusing mess. As always. Things never get better. Anyway...), and apparently the excursion on the 3rd of February is only on the 3rd, not the 3rd and 4th. So if I book and buy tickets now, conceivably, I could get into London, see the show with Jen and Carin, and then catch an early train back into Paris. I'm going to be on a lighter schedule at the time as well- I'll only have two classes going, because my Sorbonne classes don't start 'til 12 February.

So the question is, is it worth it to go out to London just to come back and see them again in Paris? Common sense dictates no, because I'm just going to see them the next day, and there's really no point in spending all that money, especially since I have bills to pay off and other tickets to buy for other things (ie, Carin and I want to see Cillian in Love Song on London's West End.)

However, my real reason to go to the London show isn't necessarily to see the band, but to be able to see the concert with Jen and Carin. Which would be really cool. So now I'm torn.

So....debate! Tell me what to do!
  • Well I have a spare ticket. By all means, come!
  • I'm also going home in a couple of hours so you can come over earlier tomorrow. I shall see you later on!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 5 2007, 08:40 AM)
    However, my real reason to go to the London show isn't necessarily to see the band, but to be able to see the concert with Jen and Carin. Which would be really cool. So now I'm torn.

Umm, and me. And possibly T-dog and azulaco. And definitely Tooldforthis and Hannahrawkssocks from the JC.

I say you should definitely come. Come on, you haven't seen them in awhile, and when you come back to the states they may be doing gigantic arena shows from now on. Not to say that arena OK Go shows won't be awesome, but you know there's something special about seeing them in little clubs.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 5 2007, 12:22 PM)
    Umm, and me. And possibly T-dog and azulaco. And definitely Tooldforthis and Hannahrawkssocks from the JC.

I say you should definitely come. Come on, you haven't seen them in awhile, and when you come back to the states they may be doing gigantic arena shows from now on. Not to say that arena OK Go shows won't be awesome, but you know there's something special about seeing them in little clubs.

I kinda doubt that about gigantic arena shows.
    Holy crap, I can't wait for the recaps about this show! So many boardies.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 5 2007, 08:22 PM)
    Holy crap, I can't wait for the recaps about this show! So many boardies.

Oh, just you wait. biggrin.gif There are going to be some good stories coming back from this show, I am sure of it.
  • I still haven't got my tickets. Goddamn ticket master taking so long
  • just got an email from SEETICKETS apologising for delay in sending out tickets. Anyone know who support is for this gig? Also i heard it was +14? Not that it matters im 27!
  • I don't know who is supporting, but I sure as hell want to! I always look at the supporting act before the gig, and they seem to be leaving the announcement pretty late.
  • QUOTE (whoareyou @ Jan 6 2007, 05:18 PM)
    Also i heard it was +14?

KOKO is 18+ because apparently it serves alcohol sad.gif
    A friend and I wanted to go, but can't now -apparently they'll be I.D-ing at the door and you can't get in with a disclaimer.
  • But lots of venue serve alcohol and it's not 18+. Infact, I can't think of a venue that doesn't serve booze.
    I know the nightclub is 18+, but I don't know about the gig itself. And they still haven't e-mailed me back dry.gif
  • A lot of venues have liquor licenses that don't allow them to serve alcohol with minors present after a certain time at night, though.
  • KOKO is similar to Hammersmith Palais were they sometime have 'club' nights directly after a gig and therefore the gig has to be 18+ because you can stay for the club after the gig, dont know if this is the case for the OKGO gig though?
  • I guess it all depends if they are having a club night that night. Because when I went to an MC Lars gig it was at a place that had a night club and you could hang around for that, but it wasn't on that night so they lowered the age

Ok, that made sense in my head blink.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 5 2007, 08:40 AM)
    So, debate:

I don't think I'm going to be in the UK as much as I though in January (ie, I don't think Barry's having a party, and even if he was, I'm not even sure I'd be able/want to go anyway. Big confusing mess. As always. Things never get better. Anyway...), and apparently the excursion on the 3rd of February is only on the 3rd, not the 3rd and 4th. So if I book and buy tickets now, conceivably, I could get into London, see the show with Jen and Carin, and then catch an early train back into Paris. I'm going to be on a lighter schedule at the time as well- I'll only have two classes going, because my Sorbonne classes don't start 'til 12 February.

So the question is, is it worth it to go out to London just to come back and see them again in Paris? Common sense dictates no, because I'm just going to see them the next day, and there's really no point in spending all that money, especially since I have bills to pay off and other tickets to buy for other things (ie, Carin and I want to see Cillian in Love Song on London's West End.)

It's just me ...maybe (doubtful), but I think you should come to London for the show. And then we'll just book our Cillian Murphy hotness tickets then. Ah! I'm so excited!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 4 2007, 10:01 PM)
    My friend left this on her 13-year-old daughter's myspace re: this concert:

"Daughter!!! I phoned the KCLSU for you! the ticket agent slapped the 16+ restriction on the gig, but the venue says if I sign a disclaimer and you're with me and Dad.....they don't care!"

So it may be 16+, or at the very least you can have your parents help you out?

I think I can help here, that message was one i left on my daughters myspace and refers to a "nightmare of you" gig at the KCLSU on 25th Jan
    Koko is advertised as strictly over 18's because it is a nightclub, but I've spoken directly to their box office and have been guarenteed that the age restriction does not apply to concerts the actual age restriction on the Okgo show is 14+
    hope that stops a few of you worrying xx

also for anyone who's not sure about the venue it's actually the old Camden Palace
    it's not huge, but I wouldn't call it intimate either
  • Welcome to the board, tooldforthis! tongue.gif What a helpful first post. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (toooldforthis @ Jan 8 2007, 05:12 PM)
    I think I can help here, that message was one i left on my daughters myspace and refers to a "nightmare of you" gig at the KCLSU on 25th Jan

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I think I would actually give up going to see OK Go if I could go to that Nightmare of You gig. And that's saying a LOT.
  • QUOTE (toooldforthis @ Jan 8 2007, 11:12 AM)
    Koko is advertised as strictly over 18's because it is a nightclub, but I've spoken directly to their box office and have been guarenteed that the age restriction does not apply to concerts the actual age restriction on the Okgo show is 14+
    hope that stops a few of you worrying xx

also for anyone who's not sure about the venue it's actually the old Camden Palace
    it's not huge, but I wouldn't call it intimate either

Ohhhh. Oops. Sorry Tooldforthis - my bad! Never assume anything, it makes an ass out of the University of Maine! LOL!

I'm really glad to see you on here though!