In this Discussion

Damian in Spin

Comments

• QUOTE (porifera @ Dec 30 2006, 08:43 PM)
    ya exactly

yea i agree with you guys.. if there is a pic out there of damian at his wedding i want to see it cuz man if he looks that hot in a normal suit.. jeebus he must be on fire in like a tux or watever! haha biggrin.gif
    oh and please excuse me.. im still a newbie so whenever i see a new pic of damiam im like GASP man ur GORGEOUS!!... im sure some of you understand?
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Dec 30 2006, 08:55 PM)
    oh and please excuse me.. im still a newbie so whenever i see a new pic of damian im like GASP man ur GORGEOUS!!... im sure some of you understand?

haha I'm pretty sure that doesn't go away. No matter how long you've been an OK Go fan! laugh.gif
  • There WERE pictures of it, but since SOMEONE posted the link, they soon became private. Happy?
  • And...! I don't know if you guys knew/caught this, but Damian's also featured in the "Artist of the Year" article. He bascially talks about the YouTube/Myspace explosion. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (enitskirt @ Jan 1 2007, 01:11 AM)
    And...! I don't know if you guys knew/caught this also, but Damian's also featured in the "Artist of the Year" article. He bascially talks about the YouTube/Myspace explosion. smile.gif

Two appearances in one magazine? double whammy! laugh.gif
  • His quote was even one of the big, bolded ones! There's probably a fancy, journalistic way to say that..
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 1 2007, 02:07 AM)
    His quote was even one of the big, bolded ones! There's probably a fancy, journalistic way to say that..

I think "big, bolded ones" was fancy and journalistic enough. wink.gif
  • Someone female should make a t-shirt that says "big, bolded ones"

I jumped out of Damian's wedding cake
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 5 2007, 08:57 PM)

I remember that, Sheri. It was super cool, especially because the cake was bright green and orange and the icing went everywhere. **sigh** That'll be a day to remember.
  • Woaaaaaah. If someone's gonna jump out of an orange and green wedding cake, it oughta be the Snark-a-Snoops. Dig?
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Dec 28 2006, 02:24 AM)
    Ben has said numerous times that it won't happen, it was apparently just a one time thing. Also, both Jenny Lewis and Ben Gibbard having gotten pretty big since then (not to mention that other dude that mixed it all), so it would probably be impossible to get together again. My mom was upset when I told her this, she really likes "Nothing Better."

from Wikipedia: "On June 22, 2006 it was revealed that The Postal Service has begun work on a new album, though the specifics of the release date are ambiguous with Gibbard stating "We're slowly starting. We're crawling right now, and whether that crawl turns into a walk remains to be seen. But we'll know more towards the end of the year. I've just been touring so much and trying to find time to make it happen and make our schedules line up." Tamborello also added "We're talking about wanting to finish an album by sometime next year, because we have to work with Death Cab's schedule and stuff. I definitely want to do another one." Two songs have been recorded, and the band has speculated that the album will be released in late 2007 or in 2008.[2] Sub Pop has confirmed that The Postal Service has started work on the next album and are doing so in tradition, the duo are doing the work while being separated by great distance.[3] On August 15, 2006 it was announced that The Postal Service has brought several new members into the band, including an Arianna Kills member and a member from General Sherman, a MySpace Project Band, very similar to Dntel. [1]. In September, a new song started showing up around the internet, "The Importance Of Being", which is supposedly a demo from the new PS album. Recently Jimmy Tamborello dispelled rumors about the song having anything to do with The Postal Service.[4] He stated that PS has started work on their new album. Tamborello did also state, that The Postal Service might possibly release a new album next year. This album is said to contain the remixes and B-sides of Give Up." (sources are from MTV)

article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Postal_Service

ok, so that's pretty long, but basically, maybe The Postal Service aren't done for biggrin.gif in which case....YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jan 7 2007, 11:56 PM)
    I remember that, Sheri. It was super cool, especially because the cake was bright green and orange and the icing went everywhere. **sigh** That'll be a day to remember.

QUOTE (Snark-a-Snoops @ Jan 8 2007, 12:15 AM)
    Woaaaaaah. If someone's gonna jump out of an orange and green wedding cake, it oughta be the Snark-a-Snoops. Dig?

Wasn't the look on their faces priceless?

laugh.gif

And then Damian being all, "Shut ... up ... you!"
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 5 2007, 04:57 PM)

QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jan 7 2007, 09:56 PM)

QUOTE (Snark-a-Snoops @ Jan 7 2007, 10:15 PM)
    Woaaaaaah. If someone's gonna jump out of an orange and green wedding cake, it oughta be the Snark-a-Snoops. Dig?

QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 8 2007, 05:04 AM)

laugh.gif

I'm .... so .... confused .....

Oh, and Sheri, Remember the night you held Andy in your arms, and how close you were to those lovely lips..... lucky dry.gif
  • QUOTE (Snark-a-Snoops @ Jan 8 2007, 02:15 AM)

I was thinking that as I wrote it, because the colors came from the colors of my new converse, which are orange with lime green lining, and I call them my Snark-A-Snoop shoes.

Yes, I dig.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 8 2007, 09:04 AM)

laugh.gif

Yeah, I so thought Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore was going to beat your ass, but then Tim's all like, "Aww, it's just a friendly gesture. Let's dance the night away to some super sweet tunes." Then he sang a song, and we all danced. I especially liked the part where Andy started spooning the icing off your body, sheri, and eating it. I think that's the only reason we was "holding you closely" the entire night.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jan 10 2007, 12:50 PM)
    I especially liked the part where Andy started spooning the icing off your body, sheri, and eating it.

*laughing so hard I can't breathe*
    *crying laughing*

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

J orge was just pissed cuz I stole his idea.

Oh yeah, good times.

"friendly gesture"

• QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 10 2007, 06:41 PM)
    *laughing so hard I can't breathe*
    *crying laughing*

J orge was just pissed cuz I stole his idea.

Bad...mental...image...

QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 10 2007, 06:41 PM)
    "friendly gesture"

Perhaps a little TOO friendly.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jan 10 2007, 05:50 PM)
    Perhaps a little TOO friendly.

ohmy.gif
    Do I criticize how you act at weddings?

You congratulate people how you choose, and I'll do it how I choose ...
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 10 2007, 08:52 PM)
    ohmy.gif
    Do I criticize how you act at weddings?

You congratulate people how you choose, and I'll do it how I choose ...

I apologize. I'm such a hypocrite, because I, too, was acting a fool. You know, I thought giving them my spleen as a wedding gift was a good idea, flattering, in fact, but apparently it's only flattering in the far off cultures of New Guinea, and apparently they didn't know that. rolleyes.gif
  • Well, apart from the cultural faux pas, it was very messy.