In this Discussion

Alas a winner will be chosen

edited November -1 in OK Go
I am so sorry if this has already been talked about and I kind of got distracted while researching the old topics, but a winner for the OK Go Dances With You(Tube) Contest will be announced the 16th. I found it out from the OK Go Street Team: http://capitolstreetteam.sparkart.com/okgo/index.php

"OK Go, whose innovative approach to the Internet has put them at music’s digital frontier, will close the book on their astoundingly successful “OK Go Dances With You(Tube)” contest on January 16th, when the band will announce winners via a video posted on okgo.net and http://youtube.com/okgo. The contest challenged fans to recreate OK Go's famed backyard dance video for the hit single “A Million Ways” and thousands of fans from around the world – from Vietnam to Vienna, and from Baltimore to Brazil – submitted their own homemade interpretations of the routine. The elaborate tributes, posted at http://youtube.com/group/okgodance, include an (almost) traffic-stopping performance in the middle of a busy Hollywood intersection, a blind-folded version, many elaborately costumed renditions, and a faithful recreation of the dance as a professional ice-skating routine. "

Comments

• i dont think its been posted about

but everyone who is on myspace or gets the news letter is aware of it

unless they read with there eyes shut =p

ive never watched any off the fan vids, as it doesnt really apeal to me, but congrats to the people who did win! and hopfully they will get to do the dance off against okgo on stage one day
  • I remember reading about it in the thread concerning OK Go in 'Las Vegas' on NBC the other night. It had been edited into their inniating post. But, I think it's alright to have made a seperate thread.

I'm excited. I've never really payed attention to the fan videos in particular either, just the whole concept of the contest. I can't wait to hear who has won though, I hope it is someone belonging to this forum. I don't know why, however. Anyways, thanks for sharing.
  • Cool. I am so mad at myself that I didn't enter. But I guess I have a good reason: I didn't know they existed.
  • lol, i hate seeing anybody (including myself smile.gif) doing the dance xD it hurts too much! i always skip that collaboration video in the dvd so i don't have to hate strangers. lucky them though. they are part of OKGO sad.gif

i feel bad now... lol, but it's how i feel xD

who here submitted something??
  • YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I hope some cool boardies win.
  • Anyone here hoping to win?
  • It's 1AM on the 16th...have they announced the winner yet?? laugh.gif
  • do you think they'll actually announce it today. I mean, they've said in the past that they're gonna announce it, but then they didn't. I just dont know what to believe anymore.
  • I really hope they do announce it. I didn't even enter, but I still can't wait to find out. I hope one of my favorite entries wins. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Jan 16 2007, 02:22 AM)
    I really hope they do announce it. I didn't even enter, but I still can't wait to find out. I hope one of my favorite entries wins. biggrin.gif

What are some of your favorites?

I did one, it's here:

A Million Ways in Ohio

we worked hard on it. biggrin.gif
  • Got this from the YouTube group:

OkGo (January 16, 2007)
    They're recording the video right now, and we'll get it up later tonight. It's so close I can taste it. Kind of vanilla-y actually.

I just don't know if it's the DWYW video or the video announcing the contest winner. It's most likely just the contest winners, it's too soon for the DWYW video, right?

I've never been this excited for people I don't know! everyone deserves to win!!!
  • SO CLOSSSSEEE!!
  • i smell like vanilla.
  • Haha, the video would take days of editing after filming.
  • ..... mellow.gif ..... WELL?!??!?!?!
  • Ha
    I didn't even a submit a video and I'm still anxious to know who won. I can imagine how it must be for those of you that actually submitted entries. Anyway, just wanted to say gluck to everyone!
  • ahhh who is it? i wished i sent in a video because the suspense would be too much to handle
  • ok...it's 11:24 pacific time...they have 36 minutes to announce this thing! Come on guys!!!!! We're dying here!
  • I didn't enter as well, but I keep refreshing every second. I am very empathetic when it comes to these types of things. It's like watching American Idol. I cry when I see someone crying, I get angry, and I feel embarrassed for a few. Right now I am excited for the person who is going to get to bust a move on stage with them.

OK the excitments over: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-iaAhF4diNE
    How did I miss that? Ha Tim! Darn I want a trophy.