In this Discussion

London KOKO, 4th feb?

Comments

• Yeah, welcome, Liz! Poetry lover!
  • QUOTE (toooldforthis @ Jan 8 2007, 11:12 AM)
    also for anyone who's not sure about the venue it's actually the old Camden Palace
    it's not huge, but I wouldn't call it intimate either
    The old Camden Palace! I've been there! Shut it down, in fact. Very cool.
    Oh, now I really wish I could go. I'm such an Anglophile; OK Go in London would probably be too much for me.
  • There's definately someone in the wrong about the gig sad.gif
    I've been calling around loads today and it doesn't look too good.
    I asked Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, who's said the show is 14+, as said on both the .net and the myspace... but KOKO are giving a whole different story.
    Speaking to three people, they all said 18+ -one said OK Go are in the wrong and are going to ask them to change it, one just said it was 18+ for all events and there'll be ID checks at the door and the other said 18+ but if accompanied by an adult it might be alright.

*sigh*
  • Eep, I hope Rosie still has her fake ID... even though she looks older than me!
    And I got a letter from ticketmaster today saying that they can deliver my tickets soon, I just have to contact them telling them a date cos it needs a signature! WHEE
  • Okay, kids. It's either this bag:

Which EVERYONE in Paris owns, and I love to death.

OR the Kokokgo show. I can't afford both.
  • Yeah, according to the OK Go site, it's 14+
    And does anyone know who's supporting yet? I'm dying to know!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 16 2007, 10:10 AM)
    Okay, kids. It's either this bag:

Which EVERYONE in Paris owns, and I love to death.

OR the Kokokgo show. I can't afford both.

I vote go to the gig, but that's because I think you could find a much better looking purse that's not as popular, and ...if I go, and Jen goes and then you go it'll be crazy fun. That is all.
  • According to a Myspace bulletin and Ticketmaster, Quit Your Dayjob is going to be opening for this show. I wish I could go. It seems like everyone else in the world is going.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 18 2007, 09:16 AM)
    According to a Myspace bulletin and Ticketmaster, Quit Your Dayjob is going to be opening for this show. I wish I could go. It seems like everyone else in the world is going.

Aw, I'm getting that feeling too. Shame, it would've been nice to say hi to people.
    Damn I wish I had a fake ID.
  • STUPID SNCF BETTER NOT FUCKING UP THEIR PRICES BEFORE I GET THERE TOMORROW MORNING.

DAMMIT. I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT MY TICKETS THIS MORNING...
  • My tickets were delivered Wednesday morning before I got up. Nan signed for them. And Quit Your Dayjob is supporting? I've heard good things about them. Bonus!
  • SO Carin, are you in London yet? Have you got a phone number for here yet? Katy is coming. I'm going. Are you gonna be there? This is gonna be so fricking awesome (so right now i'm at the library at uni. I've been drinking wine and i'm a little tipsy. Its not even 8pm yet. Dude. This is gonna be awesome!!!)
  • Wow, looks like a lot of people from here are going! Coolies happy.gif

Wondering... what time are people getting there? My mates & I were gonna get there for 9am, and hope that there are some shops open in Camden so we can go shopping. Not too sure if there will be cos it's a Sunday.... but worth a shot
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jan 19 2007, 08:52 PM)
    SO Carin, are you in London yet? Have you got a phone number for here yet? Katy is coming. I'm going. Are you gonna be there? This is gonna be so fricking awesome (so right now i'm at the library at uni. I've been drinking wine and i'm a little tipsy. Its not even 8pm yet. Dude. This is gonna be awesome!!!)

GET ME A TICKET SO I'M NOT STUCK OUTSIDE THE DOOR WHILE YOU GUYS ARE INSIDE HAVING A SMASHING TIME!

biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jan 19 2007, 02:52 PM)
    SO Carin, are you in London yet? Have you got a phone number for here yet? Katy is coming. I'm going. Are you gonna be there? This is gonna be so fricking awesome (so right now i'm at the library at uni. I've been drinking wine and i'm a little tipsy. Its not even 8pm yet. Dude. This is gonna be awesome!!!)

I'm not even sure if I can get a ticket. Jen, do you think you could buy it for me and I'll pay you back? That would be super!! Let me know:)
  • JEN GET US TICKETS! biggrin.gif
  • i know jen has/had a spare ticket

FIGHT TO THE DEATH FOR IT

(alternative punch line)

MUD FIGHT!
  • SHE GAVE IT TO FRANKIE. WE NEED MORE TICKETS. I ALMOST WROTE TIECKTS.
  • I just discovered OK Go last week. What a great band! I've already bought tickets for their show here in Seattle in February. I'm jazzed! Seeing them in London though would be completely AWESOME! In some ways they seem like they should be a UK band.