In this Discussion

London KOKO, 4th feb?

Comments

• ooooh, a Seattle person? Sweet! I'm in Portland, as are Crazyfrogg and mmmary. I know there is someone on here that's from Seattle... She hasn't gotten on in a while though sleep.gif
  • So, hands up, how many people from here are going? By the looks of things it's a fair few.
  • QUOTE (geezabird @ Jan 22 2007, 04:07 PM)
    So, hands up, how many people from here are going? By the looks of things it's a fair few.

Me! And I'm bringing my husband, Mr. "The Cactus Sucks" himself!
  • Me, as long as I have a ticket. Well, I better have a ticket. I can't exchange these train tickets or get reimbursed.
  • I'm going too!
  • Looks like the Northern Line isnt running between Camden Town and Kennington (via Charing Cross) due to planned engineering works on sun, so cant get off at Mornington Crescent (nearest st)
  • QUOTE (whoareyou @ Jan 28 2007, 05:59 PM)
    Looks like the Northern Line isnt running between Camden Town and Kennington (via Charing Cross) due to planned engineering works on sun, so cant get off at Mornington Crescent (nearest st)

If it isn't running between Camden & Kennington, does that mean we can still get off at Camden though? Cos I don't mind making the walk down, especially since it's for a good cause laugh.gif
  • I know this is double post but I've just realised how much the tube works sucks. We can't get anywhere near. We go from Merstham to Victoria. Then there's no way of getting onto the Northen line to get to Camden. So we're gonna have to get off somewhere, get a bus, and hope there's night buses after the gig or the works have finished dry.gif
  • Gah! I don't want to have to contemplate no tube on Sunday. Dammit. And they're working on the metro line I'd normally take to get to the train station here in Paris, so now I have to go a round-about way for that as well.

Grr on public transport, I say. dry.gif
  • Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but a band called The New York Fund are supporting as well as Quit Your Dayjob
  • "We just got new information about the show at KOKO on Sunday. It turns out that all fans under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Over 18s should have an ID ready. Anyone under 14 and all orphans between 14 and 18 will be denied admittance. Refunds are available at the point of purchase prior to the show. Sorry if this changes anything for you."
  • Damn... so now technically I might be able to go, because two of my friends are nearly 20.
    Yet the other might not be able to go anyway, so I couldn't even get there or back without him (I'm hopeless with transport) sad.gif
  • I'm playing chaperone, wooooooo!
  • Hey, that's fine with us!
    We're on the train now making our way to London Victoria. Gonna do a bit of shopping then make our way down. Cy'all there!!
  • Seems we've got a spare ticket!! Liz, Hannah, Amy and I (with two others) will be at KOKO looking to unload an extra, and of course we'd rather it go to a boardie. We'll watch the boards until we leave, and otherwise, just look for a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings. I'll be in a long white coat and an electric blue top.
  • I am a little late, but I hope every one has fun at the concert...well I hope everyone is having fun because it's still probably going on.
  • That truly was the best gig I've ever been to.
    My Bezzie & I had to hold up Damian when he stood on the barrier ... again (it happened at the Motion City Soundtrack gig as well). It was Rusty's 2yr anniversary of being in the band, and we were treated to a most awesome couple of acoustic songs as well. The background projections were incredible, especially the on for Television Television.
    Oh yeah, and I got Rusty's set list to boot happy.gif

I would write more but I'm on the bus on my way to college.

Quote of the night: "5 years old... all I'm saying is there's no grass on the playing field" - Damian
  • QUOTE (geezabird @ Feb 5 2007, 07:22 AM)
    That truly was the best gig I've ever been to.
    My Bezzie & I had to hold up Damian when he stood on the barrier ... again (it happened at the Motion City Soundtrack gig as well). It was Rusty's 2yr anniversary of being in the band, and we were treated to a most awesome couple of acoustic songs as well. The background projections were incredible, especially the on for Television Television.
    Oh yeah, and I got Rusty's set list to boot happy.gif

I would write more but I'm on the bus on my way to college.

Quote of the night: "5 years old... all I'm saying is there's no grass on the playing field" - Damian

LOL!

Yeah. This was my first Ok Go gig. I am truely converted. What an amazing band live. They made things so much fun.

I'm typing a reporting/uploading vids. They'll be available on my site soon.

http://mycoldplay.com/home/?p=4370

It's not quite ready yet, so please bear with me.
  • I have to say, although it seems like a lot of people had a great time, I was highly disappointed by last night.

Maybe it was because I was too far back to actually see the band, which has never happened to me at an OK Go concert last night.

Or, maybe, it was just because I've been to better gigs? I don't know.

Anyway. Hope tonight is better...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 5 2007, 01:55 PM)
    I have to say, although it seems like a lot of people had a great time, I was highly disappointed by last night.

Maybe it was because I was too far back to actually see the band, which has never happened to me at an OK Go concert last night.

Or, maybe, it was just because I've been to better gigs? I don't know.
    Anyway. Hope tonight is better...

Ok, my report/vids are up! I was on the barrier right in front of Damian tongue.gif

http://mycoldplay.com/home/?p=4370

Enjoy!