In this Discussion

After the Shows

2»

Comments

• Thanks so much!
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 22 2007, 07:10 PM)
    They eventually walked off to handle some loud drunks and I came out of hiding. As long as you don't look conspicuous or block a fire escape, I think you'll be fine.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Damian's such a fire hazard...

As for the looking busy/getting kicked out bit, if you do, in fact, get kicked out somehow, walk a little bit away from the venue, go back to the door while rummaging furiously through your bag and pockets, and then, with your most pathetic "I'm so so sorry I'm bothering you!" face, explain that you think you lost your keys (or your wallet or something else important) in the venue. I've done this twice (once when I saw OK Go in April, and then when I saw The Lashes in August), and I got back in just fine (both guards kinda' gave me this look like they sort of saw through me, but they let me in), and got to talk to guys from both bands with no problem.

Unfortunately, if you're with a crowd of ten friends, you're all not going to get back in. The most you could probably get away with is yourself and a friend who's supposedly helping you search for said keys/wallet/whatever you've pretended to lose.

Another, not-so-pleasant strategy: make sure there's no McDonald's/easy access toilets around, and run back and say you desperately need to use the toilet, and give the guard that "You know what I'm talking about" look. (Obviously, this only works if you're a girl.)

If you're still inside the venue and about to be kicked out, see if you can find someone who's got a VIP pass on them (and doesn't appear to be completely inebriated), and explain that you have a present for the guys in the band. Elle and I did this at the WAS concert in June- she'd made something for guys, but they didn't come out afterwards. The guards were trying to kick us out, but we found a VIPer who was really nice and we explained the situation, and he told the guards we were with him, and Elle got to give her present to Tapper.

Or, you could do what my friend did at The Lashes concert- just walk in like you know what you're doing. It worked for him.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 24 2007, 08:16 AM)
    Or, you could do what my friend did at The Lashes concert- just walk in like you know what you're doing. It worked for him.

That's what I do, haha.
  • Thanks so much you guys! Tabetha, that's always what I've wondered about. At my show in November I wasn't quite sure what to do. I'd seen plenty of pictures of them with fans inside venues, and when I'd imagine the concert and meeting them in my mind it was always inside the building. But then I knew that many times they met people outside. Being in the front row helps you decide what to do though, lol. Emily and I were stuck there for quite a while while everyone else filed out, draggin their feet. So by the time it was pretty cleared out where we could easily leave, if OK Go were planning on coming out, they would have done so already. I asked one security man standing by the door which lead backstage and told him I know the boys tend to come out after shows, and whether or not they'd be making an appearance tonight, and he told me that they generally try to come out quick after the shows, so if they were planning on coming back inside to meet fans, they would have done so already. Then he told us we had to get out, unless we were going to buy something. We already had, so we went outside and learned OK Go were already in their bus. Dan came out after a while, but he was the only one. I'm still grateful he did though. He's such a sweety! wub.gif
    So yeah, it would depend on the venue. Try asking security, but ask multiple, because I'm sure some of them just want to get rid of you while others actually want to help sleep.gif
  • Ya ask security because when I went to the NYC show, me and my friends waited by the backstage entrance and there were other people waiting there too. QYDJ was going in and out with their equipment and other random crew people were going in and out. The security guard told us that Ok Go wasn't coming out so we should all just leave, but the keyboardist/stripper guy from QYDJ said that they might be out soon.

But I still didn't get to see them sad.gif boo
  • aaaai, it's Tuesday and Thursday is the Providence show which my sister and I are going to. We got them funny little gifts- or at least we're hoping they'll think they're funny...I know we might not even get to see them at all, but I reeeeally hope we can autographs. ugh, ugh, I really really really want autographs. I think if we ever got them, I'd frame them and hang them up on the wall. I think I'll ask for one for the whole board too, and then scan it, and it can say something like "To the awesome boardies!"
    but ugh, ugh, we might not even see them at all.

sorry, this is a really rambling, pointless post and I shall now shut up
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 30 2007, 12:31 PM)
    aaaai, it's Tuesday and Thursday is the Providence show which my sister and I are going to. We got them funny little gifts- or at least we're hoping they'll think they're funny...I know we might not even get to see them at all, but I reeeeally hope we can autographs. ugh, ugh, I really really really want autographs. I think if we ever got them, I'd frame them and hang them up on the wall. I think I'll ask for one for the whole board too, and then scan it, and it can say something like "To the awesome boardies!"
    but ugh, ugh, we might not even see them at all.

sorry, this is a really rambling, pointless post and I shall now shut up
    I hope you get to meet them smile.gif Good luck!!
  • Ya so do I! I hope you have an awesome time and I hope you succeed in getting those autographs!
  • im root'in for ya Tabetha!
    My heart melted when i first met the guys, they are soooo nice.
  • Thanks so much, Claret, Porifera and Felster! You're so kind! ~hugs~