In this Discussion

My bed is the best bed in the world

edited November -1 in OK Go
I was at WalMart the other day when I decide to hopefully look for paisley designs in the fabric section, I not only got into it, but so did my dad. We went up and down each isle, and nothing. Finally! My dad spotted fabric that was half paisley, well it went back and forth. It wasn't good enough for me, so the nice lady up in the front told me I could find nice patterns at a place called Joanne's. (I have yet to go, not enough time).

Anyway, I wanted brown sheets and blankets, since I have recently become obsessed with all things brown, I just love the color. Well, I was walking down one isle and my dad points to this blanket (one of the small extremely small throw blankets) and says, "Is that paisley?" I gasp! It was! I thought, we opened this blanket up, and indeed it was. I put a non-opened one into my cart and kept looking for a comforter. And then my dad made the best find of the day! A paisley comforter set! I didn't care what the cost was, it was in my basket. Turns out it was on sale from I don't know what, to $40.

I pretty much love my bed more than ever now. It has restored my faith in WalMart a little. Oh, that and they now offer the DVD. In fact, they had two tabs that said OK Go, so I took one.

Pictures:

Up close:

The first blanket I found, which I opened up one and put back:

Outside of blanket, but still inside the realm of OK Go, my new broaches:

Comments

• that rocks!

I've had my eye out for paisley everything.
  • AMGAH. BEAUTIFUL! I look for everything paisley too!! BEAUTIFASDFBJASKF
  • Best part about it, is I get to sleep with it everynight. wink.gif
  • that is co cool!
  • That's tooo cute! laugh.gif

I too have made my bed paisely-esque but couldn't get too girly on account of my bf. mad.gif
  • That's beautiful! I have a purple paisley comforter cover. I got it at IKEA. My mom knows that I love paisley because of OK Go and my dad and I were at the checkout about to pay and she comes running over with it and telling us to wait. Unfortunately, it doesn't photograph well, so I don't have a picture of it.
  • that one broach on your tie was from ebay right?? i saw it!! i was gonna get it but yea.

your sheets are very pretty... lol =D

i too have been looking for a lot of paisley things i have a lot of paisley type fabric (from joanns) and i have nothing to do with it. haha also i have a lot of paisley ribbons and i dont' know waht to do with them but they're just so pretty. =D

joanns is a very good fabric store lately.. haha... because before a few weeks ago they barely have any paisley fabric AT ALL.... and now... its FULL OF PAISLEY! it was like heaven. i see paisley a lot nowadays and i'm sure it's just not me.. paisley is like. "in" haha =P
  • QUOTE (rt802 @ Feb 6 2007, 12:53 AM)
    joanns is a very good fabric store lately.. haha... because before a few weeks ago they barely have any paisley fabric AT ALL.... and now... its FULL OF PAISLEY! it was like heaven. i see paisley a lot nowadays and i'm sure it's just not me.. paisley is like. "in" haha =P

this excites me to no end. I now have a trip to Joanns planned for tomorrow...
    I think I'm going to cover my messenger bag with paisley fabric. and make some headbands.
  • QUOTE (rt802 @ Feb 6 2007, 12:53 AM)
    that one broach on your tie was from ebay right?? i saw it!! i was gonna get it but yea.

Yeah, I love it a lot! I think it goes so fabulously with my tie, it makes my heart explode with joy.

QUOTE (mmmary @ Feb 6 2007, 01:36 AM)
    and make some headbands.

My mom was telling me I needed to make a head band to go with my wrist bands! I so want to make a headband that says OK GO with paisley print, you have no idea. Well, maybe you do, but yeah.
  • that is too rad, I love that everywhere is striking paisly feaver.

the only paisly item that I own is this bright pink paisly shirt... it was such a weird find, I was in the store and my mom just randomly exclaimed "OK GO SHIRT!". The last time I saw Ok go i wore it... i assume the boys were impressed by it.

and remember... OK Go knows that paisly isnt just for Grandmas...
  • Paisley isn't just for grandma's! My dad kept telling people, "I want designs like grandma's curtains!"

Ah well, even though he was a jerk about it, he's what found both blankets.
  • Don't be surprised if I suddenly show up in your bed one day. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 6 2007, 12:01 PM)
    Don't be surprised if I suddenly show up in your bed one day. tongue.gif

I'll try to save room, but you'll have to fight my cat for the extra space!
  • your bed is beautiful!!
  • That is amazing, I'm jealous tongue.gif
    And there was me getting excited over paisley ties in Camden a few weeks back.
  • Very cool bed...I"ve been obsessed with green lately, so watch out green paisely fabric!

BTW, is that a shoe hanging from your wall?....interesting idea.
  • The brown one looks like the pattern from the cover of Oh No.

I have red and white paisley converses. My friend and I have dubbed them my Ok Go shoes. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Angel @ Feb 6 2007, 05:03 PM)
    That is amazing, I'm jealous tongue.gif
    And there was me getting excited over paisley ties in Camden a few weeks back.

i know! i recently bought a whole bunch of paisely ties. me and my friend wore them to the concert :] and damian said something about them!!
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 6 2007, 02:07 PM)
    Very cool bed...I"ve been obsessed with green lately, so watch out green paisely fabric!

BTW, is that a shoe hanging from your wall?....interesting idea.

Yes, it is. There is a story behind the shoe, but it's a little strange. My old best friend moved to Oklahoma like, it'll be four years this Summer and right before he left I borrowed his shoes, as I didn't have any with me and needed them. (Yes, sadly they fit sad.gif ) I had them with me when he left, and I wasn't able to say goodbye to him. Until recently I haven't quite been able to let him go, I guess, so I hung the shoe up on my wall. At my old house it said, "In memory of Josh" but when I moved I decided it went beyond weird to do that.