In this Discussion

the Providence show

13»

Comments

• QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 10 2007, 09:47 PM)
    I'm so jealous of you all! You get to experience all this cool stuff! Well, the least I could say is that I hope you can experience more. smile.gif

aww thanks!!
    why do i get the feeling you havent experienced anything??
  • you are just too lucky!!!! like people paid a lot of money to meet them and then you just got to walk in and have like a free session with the band biggrin.gif how awesome is that! i am so jealous
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Feb 10 2007, 10:33 PM)
    you are just too lucky!!!! like people paid a lot of money to meet them and then you just got to walk in and have like a free session with the band biggrin.gif how awesome is that! i am so jealous

i feel kinda bad cuz other people in there paid, like you said, and i didnt. but i did wait in the cold for a long time, if that helps. and i feel bad for whoever didnt show up. i wonder if they had car trouble or something. i owe them a hug. a big one. i felt/feel like the luckiest girl in the world. maybe youll get lucky too!
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 10 2007, 09:26 PM)
    aww thanks!!
    why do i get the feeling you havent experienced anything??

Oh, I haven't. No concerts. No autographs. Nothing. Just the sweet coursing of rock and roll through my arteries.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 10 2007, 10:35 PM)
    i feel kinda bad cuz other people in there paid, like you said, and i didnt. but i did wait in the cold for a long time, if that helps. and i feel bad for whoever didnt show up. i wonder if they had car trouble or something. i owe them a hug. a big one. i felt/feel like the luckiest girl in the world. maybe youll get lucky too!

haha well since you did wait in the cold...haha i guess you were just in the right place at the right time! o ya i hope i get as lucky as you! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 10 2007, 10:37 PM)
    Oh, I haven't. No concerts. No autographs. Nothing. Just the sweet coursing of rock and roll through my arteries.

o that stinks sad.gif I've been to a couple concerts but i have never met the band like most people have sad.gif everyone says how they always get to meet the guys after every show and stuff, but not me. o well, i still had an awesome time smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 10 2007, 10:37 PM)

aww im sorry. if it makes you feel any better that was my first concert.

QUOTE (porifera @ Feb 10 2007, 10:49 PM)
    haha well since you did wait in the cold...haha i guess you were just in the right place at the right time! o ya i hope i get as lucky as you! biggrin.gif

yea i guess i kinda was. i hope you do too!!!!!!
  • Hey everyone, newbie here. I was at the Providence show and I also was watching that eBay auction but the bidding went up way too high for me. Oh well. The show was amazing, I was on the top stair overlooking the floor area in front of the stage so I could see the guys on stage perfectly. BTW I went to Brown U where Damian graduated (but not when he was there, boo!).
  • I went to this providence OK GO show and it was EVERYTHING YOU SAID AND SO MUCH MORE! haha it was definitely one of the best nights of my life. and you are absolutely right about the random moshing lol i am so glad my little brother came with me because he was definitely my bodyguard with his big muscles haha i dont remember the random people dancing on stage though lol maybe it was really quick since that security guy was on top of things haha but most definitely one of the best nights of my life smile.gif i especially liked the a million ways dance, get over it, return, and do what you want smile.gif

~Megan biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 3 2007, 03:38 PM)
    Damian we couldn't decide, so we gave him both a book called "1000 Funniest Things Ever Said" and a thing that shoots little chickens across the room.

Sally, you're gonna like this:

http://www.rocklouder.co.uk/articles/1995.html

Of course the harebrained ideas don't just end with quirky dance routines. Spectacle-wielding bassist, Tim Nordwind used to request gifts for each gig. [Damian talking:] "He would try to come up with things that wouldn't cost money so we weren't specifically taking things from kids.

"At one point he requested candy sculptures and someone made us a ping pong table made of candy, which was crazy. And someone gave me a miniature chicken throwing machine."

[P.S. Sounds like this wasn't the same thing as my chicken thing after all--mine is a gun.]
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 4 2007, 09:41 PM)
    Sally, you're gonna like this:

http://www.rocklouder.co.uk/articles/1995.html

Of course the harebrained ideas don't just end with quirky dance routines. Spectacle-wielding bassist, Tim Nordwind used to request gifts for each gig. [Damian talking:] "He would try to come up with things that wouldn't cost money so we weren't specifically taking things from kids.

"At one point he requested candy sculptures and someone made us a ping pong table made of candy, which was crazy. And someone gave me a miniature chicken throwing machine."

[P.S. Sounds like this wasn't the same thing as my chicken thing after all--mine is a gun.]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
    Sheri, I officially love you! That made my day!