In this Discussion

OK Go to play for College Fest

Comments

• QUOTE (rt802 @ Mar 18 2007, 06:58 AM)
    wow this day sucked.. i'm not even sure they'd let anyone in. did anyone go to this?

My practice ended at 5pm so i left at 5pm for the concert and it took about an hour to get there with all the traffic and whatnot. got there around 6pm. went throught the security and they said they didn't let anyone else in and told us to make a U turn. It was a very sad day especially having the ride back home being 2 hours long because of badass traffic. And especially when you drag a car full of people who don't really like OK Go as much as you do with you. sad.gif

well that really sucks. i got there around 3 so i managed to get in. they were a little bitchy about the non-students, but w/e. I can tell u it was a wonderful show!!!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 18 2007, 04:58 PM)
    well that really sucks. i got there around 3 so i managed to get in. they were a little bitchy about the non-students, but w/e. I can tell u it was a wonderful show!!!

It does sound amazing
    I wish OK Go could do an outside show in England so that I could stay for soundcheck.

But I guess there'd be too great a chance that they'd get rained on. it's always raining here. grrrrr.....
  • ^^^
    i love the rain...but i guess if it interfered w/ me seeing the sexiness that is ok go i'd be mad to.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 18 2007, 09:05 AM)
    rt802, I'm really sorry you had a terrible day as well. sad.gif I don't know if anyone from here managed to get in, but it sounds like they were checking IDs after you got there. I found this report online of the show (with pictures and video), but have no idea if the writer is a member of this board. And she got there really early too.

http://shortygothops.blogspot.com/2007/03/...-and-ok-go.html

ihave7stars, you really are an Ok Go ninja! Hey everyone, my name's Melissa and I wrote the above blog. I've been a lurker here for quite some time now and haven't really had the guts to really present myself unsure.gif

I read this thread before I left and almost wanted to e-mail the girl who was planning a meet up, but once again, I hadn't really presented myself so I thought that might have been a bit creepy.

It was an awesome show, and I've got tons of videos from the show available on my youtube here.

The blog is still a work in progress, but hopefully I'll have it done by the end of the day.

Cheers,
    Melissa
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 18 2007, 09:58 AM)
    i got there around 3 so i managed to get in. they were a little bitchy about the non-students, but w/e. I can tell u it was a wonderful show!!!

They checked IDs? Really? Where, cause I didn't see anyone checking

maybe it was because I got there so early rolleyes.gif
  • omg, baby girl, i'm so sorry!!!! rammy!!!! ahhhhh!! that's so shitty! i couldnt' go cus my dad wouldn't let me take the car sad.gifsad.gif

wow, that looked fun! if that girl told me shit about taking pictures, i would've fucking slapped her face, straight up. NOTHING should get between you and OKGO. unless you can't go in the first place
    :'(

i cried a little when it was 5pm. lol

i heard LMU has hot boys! is it true??????
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Mar 18 2007, 12:33 PM)
    i heard LMU has hot boys! is it true??????

Hahaha I sure hope so! I'll be going there next year, so they better.
  • QUOTE (killachika @ Mar 18 2007, 07:34 PM)
    Hahaha I sure hope so! I'll be going there next year, so they better.

chkl.
    I remember u!!!!! u were w/ the girl w/ the psychology book. and u tried to take my spot. (that was not gonna happen!!!). im glad u guys got to reach the gate tho. that sucks that andy didn't take the tie.
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 18 2007, 12:41 PM)
    chkl.
    I remember u!!!!! u were w/ the girl w/ the psychology book. and u tried to take my spot. (that was not gonna happen!!!). im glad u guys got to reach the gate tho. that sucks that andy didn't take the tie.

OMG THAT WAS YOU?!?!?! Hahahaha sorry about that, that was my friend Annie. I was the one sitting next to her playing Tetris on the cellphone. Psh we totes should have talked... I wish there was some sort of way to tell if people are from the board or not. How long were you waiting, cause you must've been there before us since you were in front.
  • ^^
    chkl, its ok. i would have done the same thing. i was there since 3. my stupid brother ditched me so i was there like a loner. anyways...yeah, we should have talked, but im not the kind to talk to stangers. oh, we should come up w/ a board member button for concerts.
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 18 2007, 12:45 PM)
    ^^
    chkl, its ok. i would have done the same thing. i was there since 3. my stupid brother ditched me so i was there like a loner.

Oh noes! Well, at least they brought you food. McDonalds has never smelled so good lollz. So you must've seen soundcheck, yes? What song did Tim, Damian, and Rusty play off in front of the stage with the guitar and glockenspiel? I forgot and I'd love to add it to my blog.

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 18 2007, 12:45 PM)
    anyways...yeah, we should have talked, but im not the kind to talk to stangers.

No I'm the same way, so no worries.
  • QUOTE (killachika @ Mar 18 2007, 07:52 PM)
    Oh noes! Well, at least they brought you food. McDonalds has never smelled so good lollz. So you must've seen soundcheck, yes? What song did Tim, Damian, and Rusty play off in front of the stage with the guitar and glockenspiel? I forgot and I'd love to add it to my blog.

chkl, yeah. i love me some nuggets.
    it was a million ways. i wanted them to play more sad.gif
    i hoped that they would play it during their set, but idk y they didn't.

QUOTE (killachika @ Mar 18 2007, 07:52 PM)
    No I'm the same way, so no worries.

awesome.
    wow this day sucked.. i'm not even sure they'd let anyone in. did anyone go to this?

My practice ended at 5pm so i left at 5pm for the concert and it took about an hour to get there with all the traffic and whatnot. got there around 6pm. went throught the security and they said they didn't let anyone else in and told us to make a U turn. It was a very sad day especially having the ride back home being 2 hours long because of badass traffic. And especially when you drag a car full of people who don't really like OK Go as much as you do with you.

u know what i just remembered?? my dad, bro, and sis went to pick me up like around 9 maybe, and they let them in. they managed to see the dance too. idk y the security was being an ass.
  • QUOTE (killachika @ Mar 18 2007, 03:10 PM)
    ihave7stars, you really are an Ok Go ninja! Hey everyone, my name's Melissa and I wrote the above blog. I've been a lurker here for quite some time now and haven't really had the guts to really present myself unsure.gif

How cool, you are a boardie! I had a feeling that maybe you were since in your write up, you seemed to know so much about OK Go and the history behind certain songs. Welcome out the lurk. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 18 2007, 01:19 PM)
    u know what i just remembered?? my dad, bro, and sis went to pick me up like around 9 maybe, and they let them in. they managed to see the dance too. idk y the security was being an ass.

Where was security exactly? I didn't leave the area since we came back, so I don't know where they were... And did you try to meet the band afterwards? I saw Dan and told him how awesome the show was, but that was about it.

QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 18 2007, 01:42 PM)
    How cool, you are a boardie! I had a feeling that maybe you were since in your write up, you seemed to know so much about OK Go and the history behind certain songs. Welcome out the lurk. smile.gif

Wheee hey thanks! Yep I take pride in my Ok Go knowledge laugh.gif I totes reffrenced the board in my review of Ok Go's show with show patrol here, but it's nice to come out of the shadows ph34r.gif
  • QUOTE (killachika @ Mar 18 2007, 08:51 PM)
    Where was security exactly? I didn't leave the area since we came back, so I don't know where they were... And did you try to meet the band afterwards? I saw Dan and told him how awesome the show was, but that was about it.

no, my dad was waiting, and i wouldn't have had the courage to go up to them.
  • Phew! So after about 27 edits, I've finally finished my blog about the Ok Go show last night! Go ahead and check it out here (or use the link 7stars provided at the top of the page).

I tried to be as detailed as possible and included loads of videos, so enjoy biggrin.gif
  • Killachika, that was a good review of the show. Myself and Adrienne (bakersfield fan) was there as well. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the show, it was not the best. I blame the horrible LMU venue. The security people as well as the LMU staff were pure assholes. I'm not in the mood to write a real blog and your blog stated all the good about the show, so I'll bullet things that went badly which ruined the show for me....
    1. The venue did not feed the boys. Dan had to buy his own cheeseburger (and he stole some chocolate chip cookies off a table). Gee whiz.
    2. We inquired about beer because we saw them set up a section with keg. Rude LMU lady,"You can't go to that area. It's only for LMU students." What a biatch. And they later on have two huge signs in yellow and red that read, "21 and over. LMU students only."
    3. The electricity/lights/mic went off sporadically. And during the beginning of the AMW dance, which they had to restart with the audience holding up the flood lights while they danced.
    4. Horrible LMU students who weren't there for OK Go that kept saying, "ok .... go"
    5. Tall blonde girls in front of you who kept taking pictures of themselves while OK Go was playing.
    6. Mosh pit and fighting girls/guys behind you.
    7. Mosh pit<------- At an OK Go concert? Really??
    8. Rude girls who tried to get in between me and Adrienne who I shoved and elbowed out.
    9. No real banter from Damian except for how he thought it was embarassing going on after Common and Damian goes, "C-O-double M-O-N"
    10. OK Go gets censored. "Jesus" is replaced by "goodness" in HIGA.
    11. Damian's mic cord gets tangled around his stand and his pulls so hard that the stand falls off the stage.
    12. Edit, I forgot this: Asshole guy who ruins the AMW dance at the end by jumping in front of OK Go while they hold up Tim.
    Not the best concert, but I'm glad they danced and were not completely over it yet. I hope the Pepperdine show will be better even though it's at a private instituition as well.

Oh and Killachika, your blog stated
    And their first cover of the night, The Violent Femmes' "World Were Living In."

They sang "Prove My Love" from the Violent Femmes not "World We're Living In."
  • Oh hey thanks for all of that! Any chance I can include some of your points in my blog? I forgot to add some bits. And thanks for the correction.

And please, call me Melissa biggrin.gif
  • No problem, Melissa.

You can call me Mia. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 18 2007, 02:57 PM)
    No problem, Melissa.

You can call me Mia. smile.gif

IM not home right now but when I do get home I will start loading the pictures I have and will tell you some back stage info I got from hanging out with the stage manager and Jordan one of the crews girlfriends named Katie. Really sweet girl.

Adrienne