In this Discussion

OK Go tour incidents

Comments

Date: November 3, 2006
    Time: are you kidding me?! I don't keep track of time at OK Go shows! tongue.gif

Incident:
    During their acoustic performance for AMW, Damian spotted a group of girls doing the actual dance in the middle of the crowd. He stopped singing and asked them if they were really doing the dance. He then told them to go up to the main stage and perform the dance for the crowd while they did their acoustic rendition of AMW.

You can see their performance on YouTube

Or check out their MySpace. They are called the OK Go-Go's.

Whoa, for not knowing these girls, I sure have a lot of info. tongue.gif
    Hope this is helpful to your secret project!
  • During the acoustic set of Million ways Damian forgot the words. This is what he sung:

"With lipstick and callous and...something and something else..."

He kinda laughed it off.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Mar 22 2007, 10:49 AM)
    Date: November 3, 2006

Incident:
    During their acoustic performance for AMW, Damian spotted a group of girls doing the actual dance in the middle of the crowd. He stopped singing and asked them if they were really doing the dance. He then told them to go up to the main stage and perform the dance for the crowd while they did their acoustic rendition of AMW.

You can see their performance on YouTube

Here's the lead-in to how it all happened in Sacramento :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lgOIYMXvSU

Not much to see because it is their "in the dark bit" but sweet music & then Damian notices them dancing and makes getting them on stage happen. (If you listen really, really closely, you can hear me singing along at the very beginning... This isn't my video but I'm close by.)

Not captured on film (so far as I've seen) but afterwards, Damian asks them if they've entered the contest and muses that they've already won since the prize was dancing on stage with OK Go performing... He seemed a little flustered by this realization that he'd just given away the prize but it was pretty funny and charming.

QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore @ Mar 19 2007, 04:25 PM)
    two off the top of my head: a show in ohio many years ago where the club lost power and they performed acoustic by candlelight; the show in glasgow last summer where the club had been shut down and they played a bunch of songs out in the street.

...speaking of which, I wonder if their "in the dark bit" was inspired by this show in Ohio?
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Mar 22 2007, 01:25 PM)
    Here's the lead-in to how it all happened in Sacramento :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lgOIYMXvSU

@ 1:10 you can see a flash, thats my camera.....well it's interesting to me tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (kaydragon @ Mar 22 2007, 02:54 PM)
    During the acoustic set of Million ways Damian forgot the words. This is what he sung:

"With lipstick and callous and...something and something else..."

He kinda laughed it off.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! that is so cute!
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Mar 22 2007, 01:25 PM)
    (If you listen really, really closely, you can hear me singing along at the very beginning... This isn't my video but I'm close by.)

You were there, too, Keaton? Awesome! The Northern California group is getting bigger. (I'm from Sacramento.)
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ Mar 22 2007, 04:33 PM)
    You were there, too, Keaton? Awesome! The Northern California group is getting bigger. (I'm from Sacramento.)

Yay! I'm actually in the backwoods of Sonoma County with Sacramento not that much further away than San Francisco. When the SF show sold out, I figured I could still get into the Sacramento show (and the rest is history).

QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 19 2007, 04:39 PM)
    Don't forget about the night Damian got arrested in Florida. tongue.gif

Damian celebrates the anniversary of his arrest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnVoUikPZ8
  • I have an incident regarding fan iteractions. It actually happened to me and my friends at the Ok Go/Snow Patrol concert in Atlanta on March 21st. Here's what happened....

We were in the very front and we started yelling how much we loved them and Damian says "there is a lot of love coming from this direction" Then I pointed to our sign and he said "I can see the sign MY LOVE, I'm not illiterate, I can read from 12 and 8 feet away" of course he was saying this in his funny smart ass way, that is sooo cute! Then he says "Everyone, these three lovely ladies have a sign that says they want to kiss all of you, now that does not sound very christian like to me". We were all laughing and they went on and played the next song, and when they were done Damian looks at us and says "You know, I was just kidding about these girls, by the way, they weren't being particularly slutty to all of yall(pointing to the crowd), I dont know what I was saying, the christian thing was weird because I have no reason to assume your christians or anything". Then I yelled at him "we love you!" and he replies "well, I love you too. I think that maybe we should expand this conversation because basically you don't really know me, you dont know how bad I smell. I haven't changed this shirt in three days. Im exactly the kind of guy you don't want to get to know"

I tried to tape all the conversation, but was only able to get the last part, which is why its a little more exact. When he started talking about expanding the conversation, we were hoping that just maybe we could actually get a chance to meet them, but it wasn't to be Maybe next time....
  • QUOTE (BeatleGirl11 @ Mar 23 2007, 03:55 PM)
    I have an incident regarding fan iteractions. It actually happened to me and my friends at the Ok Go/Snow Patrol concert in Atlanta on March 21st. Here's what happened....

We were in the very front and we started yelling how much we loved them and Damian says "there is a lot of love coming from this direction" Then I pointed to our sign and he said "I can see the sign MY LOVE, I'm not illiterate, I can read from 12 and 8 feet away" of course he was saying this in his funny smart ass way, that is sooo cute! Then he says "Everyone, these three lovely ladies have a sign that says they want to kiss all of you, now that does not sound very christian like to me". We were all laughing and they went on and played the next song, and when they were done Damian looks at us and says "You know, I was just kidding about these girls, by the way, they weren't being particularly slutty to all of yall(pointing to the crowd), I dont know what I was saying, the christian thing was weird because I have no reason to assume your christians or anything". Then I yelled at him "we love you!" and he replies "well, I love you too. I think that maybe we should expand this conversation because basically you don't really know me, you dont know how bad I smell. I haven't changed this shirt in three days. Im exactly the kind of guy you don't want to get to know"

I tried to tape all the conversation, but was only able to get the last part, which is why its a little more exact. When he started talking about expanding the conversation, we were hoping that just maybe we could actually get a chance to meet them, but it wasn't to be Maybe next time....

Ha, that's awesome smile.gif
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 22 2007, 03:35 PM)
    *bump*

I remember an adorable quote from the recent show in London @ Koko from my friend, toooldforthis:

During the acoustic part, Damian forgot the name of the next song: ".... anyway this is a song from our first album. I don't remember what it's called, but it's about some stuff!" And it was "What to Do". smile.gif

*points to my signature*

i LOVED that. i still refer to it. often. biggrin.gif
  • *bump*

Just a reminder to post any "OK Go tour incidents" by next Sunday, April 1. Thanks, and thanks to those who have contributed already. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. The first post in this thread explains what I'm going for.
  • I wasn't there but I read somewhere- I think it was on this forum- that the audience started singing, "It's gettin hot in here! So take off all your clothes!" and Rusty took off a shoe.
  • ^ the shoe incident is from the show at UCSD dec 2nd.. theres a thread for the ucsd show if you want more info but what tabetha said is pretty much it.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Mar 26 2007, 05:39 PM)
    ^ the shoe incident is from the show at UCSD dec 2nd.. theres a thread for the ucsd show if you want more info but what tabetha said is pretty much it.

I have the video of that, which I actually just posted in the UCSD thread yesterday coincidentally, but here it is:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=5VmAT1y6xQs
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Mar 26 2007, 10:39 PM)
    I have the video of that, which I actually just posted in the UCSD thread yesterday coincidentally, but here it is:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=5VmAT1y6xQs

cool, you guys. that's a good one. I know Damian's done that "hot in here" chant at other shows, too.
  • ya that also happened at the irving plaza show in november. damian and the crowd started singing "it's gettin hot in here" and then he asked andy to take off his clothes. Then Damian was like, "Wheres that guy from QYDJ? I don't think we can get Andy to take off ALL of his clothes. We need someone to to get fuckin naked." haha ya so Andy took off his shoe and the QYDJ guy was basically naked haha
  • there's one more thing I remember from their Germany tour. in Bielefeld on 2007-03-18, Damian forgot his text during the acoustic set! he started to sing every german word he remembered instead, from "Kartoffelsuppe" (potatoe soup) to "Bier" (beer) etc and Tim and Andy laughed about it. And then (still during the acoustic set) the audience started to sing and shout german soccer fan songs (sorry don't know how to describe that any better) and Tim and Damian (not sure about Andy, I could only see his back) joined in singing these songs, in german, it was SO much fun!!! they all enjoyed that very much and so did we!! tongue.gif biggrin.gif
  • At the Bakersfield win only show 11/08/06 Tim asked the audience so this is all the winners of the radio station contest. The audience yells yeah and then Tim's says aren't we a prize. He was really cute when he said it too.
  • The 1/31/07 show in Philadelphia was a prize for the High School that donated the most food to Preston and Steve's Campout for Hunger food drive. So there were a bunch of adults in the upper, 21 and over level and Damian said "So, what, those are the High School kids who can drink? You people probably didn't even donate food! You're a bunch of Hangers-on!"
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 27 2007, 02:33 AM)
    I wasn't there but I read somewhere- I think it was on this forum- that the audience started singing, "It's gettin hot in here! So take off all your clothes!" and Rusty took off a shoe.

At the London Astoria last september, Damian sang "It's getting hot in here" in the middle of Get Over It, and held the mic out to the audience, none of whom responded with the right lyric (at least that he could hear - I have small vocal chords, I reckon). he tried about 3 times and then got pissed off and went "Oh do you guys live in a fucking bubble??" and gave Tim the mic to finish it for him. Very cute. Tim rolled his eyes and everything.

Damian also attempts an english accent everytime he comes over here. It's hilarious. Almost accurate, actually...