In this Discussion

OK Go tour incidents

Comments

• Yeah, the Cincinnati crowd didn't get it, either. (Me included, I admit.) We're so lame.

I want to have a conversation with Damian, with both of us using our British accents. His is really good, as far as I can tell, but I bet mine's better. I've had English people think I'm English.
  • I found a link of another tour incident! This is from the 97X concert in FL in which some girl had to run onstage on a treadmill during the "extended jazz" version of Get Over It. laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7R5_LN8F-0
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 27 2007, 11:07 AM)
    Damian also attempts an english accent everytime he comes over here. It's hilarious. Almost accurate, actually...

Oh lordy, he's Madonna now! tongue.gif
  • i wish i was that "poor motherfucker"... hahah...

and i cant believe she didn't practise tongue.gif
  • I don't know how "incidental" this is, but OK Go was reunited with Oliver the Virgin Mobile reindeer (from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtPU5CaBc8U, Ushies and Crazyfrogg won him) at the Portland, OR show on 2/26/07. It was pretty awesome. Damian seemed a little confused... he was like "wait...where did you get him???" happy.gif

a (blurry) picture:
  • San Diego
    SDSU Open Air Theater
    March 04, 2007
    Opening for Snow Patrol

Damian claims that Gary from snow patrol keeps hitting on him and he doesn't quite know what to do about it.

Watch the video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHO08YOHWLw
  • QUOTE (killachika @ Mar 29 2007, 07:44 PM)
    Damian claims that Gary from snow patrol keeps hitting on him and he doesn't quite know what to do about it.

haha

"Gary scored!"
  • QUOTE (kaydragon @ Mar 22 2007, 02:54 PM)
    During the acoustic set of Million ways Damian forgot the words. This is what he sung:

"With lipstick and callous and...something and something else..."

He kinda laughed it off.
    Ahaha! I saw a video on YouTube where he did that, but he said "Lipstick and callous and...crumpets, or somethin" laugh.gif
  • I think that while singing AMW, Damian always seems to forget the words. I remember that he sang "so precious, suspicious, and charming, and vicious" in both verses instead of "lipstick and callous, and fishnets and mallice" (during the Troubador show on Oct, 29, 2006). And of course when you sing along, it confuses you because you are singing the right words. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 28 2007, 07:58 AM)
    Oh lordy, he's Madonna now! tongue.gif

Oh man, his has got to be better. :S
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 30 2007, 03:43 AM)
    Oh man, his has got to be better. :S

It is better, don't worry lol.

Bonkalist

Sorry if this belongs to anyone, I found it and love it - Damian's British accent. So hot biggrin.gif
  • hahhahahahaha

Bonkalist! I laughed so hard at that
  • I love the way he says "literally"
    wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 30 2007, 02:50 PM)
    I love the way he says "literally"
    wub.gif

haha. Every time I hear that word I think of Andy's blog about it. rolleyes.gif

"We literally had a blast"
  • hahhaha bonkalist!
    that was so great
    ah yes his accent is HOT.
  • I seem to remember a story told by Damian (can't remember dates or where I heard it or anything) about a couple who met at an Ok Go show and ended up getting married. I wish I could remember more about it.
  • Yeah, I can't remember that either! It seems to me he talked about it on stage somewhere and I've heard a recording of it or seen it on YouTube. But I haven't a clue what it was now.
  • Mmmm, Electra, thank you so much for the Bonkalist video. Damian with an English accent.

mmmmmmmm. I need to watch that again with some chocolate. ;-)
  • i like this thread so i thought i'd come out of lurking for a sec.

this is an ooooooooooooold incident, but funny nonetheless.

back from the old board days, there was a group of girls that got together at a chicago show (june 2003? not sure). they first went to a cheap bargain store bought a HUGE bra and threw it at andy duncan at the show. they were very excited for andy to get his first bra thrown at him.

at this same concert, he also received a giant inflatable alien from someone else in the crowd.
    image sorry this image isnt that great...

the girl andy was seeing made him throw out the bra...but they kept the alien...

there are tons of incidents out there i can prolly remember if i tried but that was the first one i could think of. lol
  • Thanks, CinnamonLips! I'd love to hear the older stuff! =D