In this Discussion

OK Go tour incidents

Comments

• Awww, Andy had to throw out the bra??? Where's the girl's sense of humor?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 1 2007, 09:42 AM)
    Awww, Andy had to throw out the bra??? Where's the girl's sense of humor?

No kidding!

I'd like to hear more old stuff too, CinnamonLips smile.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 1 2007, 04:03 AM)
    Mmmm, Electra, thank you so much for the Bonkalist video. Damian with an English accent.

mmmmmmmm. I need to watch that again with some chocolate. ;-)

Bonkalist and Cadbury's biggrin.gif

Haha that's great, CinnamonLips! Thank you!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 30 2007, 08:05 PM)
    I seem to remember a story told by Damian (can't remember dates or where I heard it or anything) about a couple who met at an Ok Go show and ended up getting married. I wish I could remember more about it.

Wasn't the couple from somewhere in Asia? Like Tokyo or Korea or something. I think that they went to one of the shows in Dallas last year and Damian mentioned their story during the concert. I think maybe Karleigh (hellolover (?)) posted about it.
  • today is april 1st!!
    is it the deadline?
    can we know the project?!? haha sorry i'm a curious person..
  • I don't know if Damian did this at any other shows, but he mentioned last night that this was the first time they'd ever performed in a sports arena before and that doing the wave in indie rock clubs was pretty impossible. He said, "Alright, we're in a sports arena. [blah blah blah "america has sports jerks, you guys have like, hockey jerks."] We're gonna do the wave. I'm going to point at you, and when I do you're gonna fucking WAVE!" Then we did and he said "Thank you, wavers!" laugh.gif

So yeah I'm not sure if that's ever been done before but it made my night.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 1 2007, 06:10 PM)
    I don't know if Damian did this at any other shows, but he mentioned last night that this was the first time they'd ever performed in a sports arena before and that doing the wave in indie rock clubs was pretty impossible. He said, "Alright, we're in a sports arena. [blah blah blah "america has sports jerks, you guys have like, hockey jerks."] We're gonna do the wave. I'm going to point at you, and when I do you're gonna fucking WAVE!" Then we did and he said "Thank you, wavers!" laugh.gif

So yeah I'm not sure if that's ever been done before but it made my night.

He actually did that at the SDSU show on March 3rd, too. It wasn't really a sports arena, but I guess he thought it looked like one??
    Anyways, here is my video of that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8A8nKpe4dM
  • they did it at the show in LA too..
    im thinking they like doing the wave at shows on this tour with snow patrol.
  • That's a great picture of you and Damian, Claret! smile.gif Glad you had a great time.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 1 2007, 09:42 AM)
    Awww, Andy had to throw out the bra??? Where's the girl's sense of humor?

well it was a very large bra and they had a very small apartment... tongue.gif
  • Lol. I love doing the wave so I'm all good with that. The satisfaction on Damian's face after the crowd does it right is so cute. tongue.gif

Thanks, Sheri!! You can just call me Dani smile.gif

Darbie-- Was it THAT big? LOL
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Apr 2 2007, 10:01 AM)
    well it was a very large bra and they had a very small apartment... tongue.gif

Oh, well in that case.

Ha! tongue.gif laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 1 2007, 08:52 PM)
    today is april 1st!!
    is it the deadline?
    can we know the project?!? haha sorry i'm a curious person..

If you still have tour incidents to report or share, please continue posting them here. My project is taking longer than I thought, so you can still post stuff. I'll keep collecting for another couple weeks. I'll let you know about it when it's finished, I promise.

CinnamonLips, thanks for posting.

I was in Detroit and Chicago and couldn't reply till now.
  • Ah the suspense is unbearable!!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 30 2007, 10:10 AM)
    It is better, don't worry lol.

Bonkalist

Sorry if this belongs to anyone, I found it and love it - Damian's British accent. So hot biggrin.gif

OH NO!!!!!!

Guys, this video has been removed due to terms of use violation?! How is that possible? I just got a care package of wonderous chocolate from Tooldforthis, and I was going to settle in to a little bonkalist and cadbury's, but it was not to be. :-(
  • Ah, crap, I never watched it.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 4 2007, 09:17 PM)
    Ah, crap, I never watched it.

Dammit. I was hoping you were going to reply with "Don't worry, Rachel, I recorded it to OKGocentral!"
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 4 2007, 06:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=107712. So let me know the easy way to share it with you guys. Should I just upload it to YouTube? Or is that violating the owner's rights?
  • Since Google obtained You Tube they have gotten a lot more strict about whats on there. If you upload it on You Tube do it from a fake account not one you want to keep lol.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Apr 4 2007, 10:44 PM)
    Since Google obtained You Tube they have gotten a lot more strict about whats on there. If you upload it on You Tube do it from a fake account not one you want to keep lol.

Well that sux!

I just went ahead and uploaded it to yousendit. Let me know if there is a problem since this is the first time I'm doing this.

It's in MP4 format:
    Bonkalist