In this Discussion

Milwaukee 4/5/07

edited November -1 in OK Go
[edit]

Comments

• Eeee, your concert stories are always the best. smile.gif smile.gif I especially loved the ping pong and the Prince half-split... lol. I can only wish I could ever see something like that.
  • I was like that too!! I was staying over at my aunt's house the night after the 03/31/07 concert and I woke up in the middle of night being like, "I just had the best dream ever." Then I noticed that I was sleeping on a couch, realized it wasn't a dream, and got the stupidest, widest grin on my face (it's a good thing it was dark and the wee hours of the morning, or I would've looked like a total dork). biggrin.gif

My concert was soo boring compared to yours though. My first OK Go live experience has left me glowing for a week happy.gif
  • Sheri, someday I need to go to a concert with you. I LOVE your concert stories!!!! I'm glad this concert was so awesome for you, Tab, and Ryan.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 6 2007, 09:34 PM)
    I'm still amazed by it all. It's like one of those crazy dreams you have--"Haha--I had a dream last night I went to an OK Go concert and afterward they were all in this room playing ping pong! And all these people were standing around watching them! It was so weird--like that would ever happen!"

But it did happen. !!!!!

My sister actually had a dream like that! She started talking about it when we were reading your post. You're so lucky Sheri! They had a ping pong table at the San Francisco show, but it was backstage, so we didn't get to watch them play.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 6 2007, 09:04 PM)
    At long last, a group of relevant people came out the door next to us. Damian was walking briskly with lots of stuff in his hands right toward the bus. Luckily, Tabatha is wonderful with her youthful, cute face and sweet little voice saying, "Please please please can we get a picture really quick?" biggrin.gif He stopped and did a pic with each of them and I got to talk to him a bit, and he held out his hand to shake mine. smile.gif Had he not been loaded up with crap, I probably would have hugged him--alas, there can't always be body pressing. biggrin.gif [Insert last of whiskey story here.] Tim snuck by right after we were talking to Damian.

We need the blanks filled in now, "please please please". laugh.gif It sounded like you guys had a blast.
  • Lucky bitches. I am so mad that I didn't take up drug dealing to pay for the trip that will break apart the close friendship that Tabatha and I have...had. It sounded like so much fun. Lucky for me I was reminded of what I was missing by Tabatha's lovely calls. She was supposed to call me and let me talk to them if they agreed so every time she called I nearly had a heart attack. She called me, "Guess what I have in my hand?" I was like a phone. She then told me that it was Damian's cup of whiskey and told me how they took sips out of it and how bad it tasted. It was fun getting these phone calls, especially when I was playing TMNT video game with my 6 years old cousin. Next call, "We're not talking to them, but they are all in a room playing ping pong. Damian is in regular clothing. Tim and Dan are talking to some girl...or is it a guy. We're watching them like wild animals. It's like an OK Go zoo. I have to go because this is way more important than you!"
    It sounded like a great night and I will check out the videos soon. That was a very lovely write-up Sheri!
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Apr 7 2007, 12:31 AM)
    Lucky bitches. I am so mad that I didn't take up drug dealing to pay for the trip that will break apart the close friendship that Tabatha and I have...had. It sounded like so much fun. Lucky for me I was reminded of what I was missing by Tabatha's lovely calls. She was supposed to call me and let me talk to them if they agreed so every time she called I nearly had a heart attack. She called me, "Guess what I have in my hand?" I was like a phone. She then told me that it was Damian's cup of whiskey and told me how they took sips out of it and how bad it tasted. It was fun getting these phone calls, especially when I was playing TMNT video game with my 6 years old cousin. Next call, "We're not talking to them, but they are all in a room playing ping pong. Damian is in regular clothing. Tim and Dan are talking to some girl...or is it a guy. We're watching them like wild animals. It's like an OK Go zoo. I have to go because this is way more important than you!"
    It sounded like a great night and I will check out the videos soon. That was a very lovely write-up Sheri!

[edit]
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 6 2007, 10:36 PM)
    I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. I am so sorry, Angela. If only you could have been there! *hug* *huge hug* sad.gif

If only. I will get over it in time. Give me like ten years or so. That should be enough time I think. Are the videos up yet? I think I am looking in the right place.
  • wow what an amazing story!!

QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 6 2007, 09:04 PM)
    When we got out there, Andy was already on, so we waited patiently for the other guys and got progressively colder and colder. But we weren't leaving till we saw everyone get on. It's so great when you get to go to a show with people just as motivated to do this crap as you are. Advice for everyone: meet some boardies! Your mildly interested friends and coworkers will always let you down in this regard!

this is SO TRUE!!
    next LA show, i am organizing a boardie meetup because i am determined to meet them.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 6 2007, 10:06 PM)
    wow what an amazing story!!
    this is SO TRUE!!
    next LA show, i am organizing a boardie meetup because i am determined to meet them.

Amberdino, Pepperdine. Get to organizing!!!
  • rocksugar, as you'll see in the pepperdine thread, i can't go..
    im really really really hoping for a random smaller venue show in LA over the summer - you have NO IDEA.
    but it doesn't seem like its going to happen, at least right now, but we'll see..
    SIGH! sleep.gif
  • holy crap sheri, pretty sure i was standing right.next. to you. didn't even realize, lol. because my sister & i were the 3rd & 4th people in line... i haven't been to this board in forever, not that i did much posting anyway, but that show was incredibly amazing, and i had to come back to rave (no pun intended, lol) about it. you did a good job of summarizing the concert! when you guys left, a million people tried taking your place, it was insane. the girls behind us were freaking out about damian up until snow patrol came out. one girl was like "i'm never washing this hand ever again. omg" and just kept going on & on about him, it was amusing, lol. i'm interested in seeing any vids you got!! my sister's camera w/ video capabilities died right before "oh lately". we were disappointed. another disappointing thing was that the people on the other side of me, the first 2 people in line & their friends, didn't like ok go! they were at the death cab concert as well, & didn't like them then. one guy was covering his face & his ears like, the whole time. which i thought was rude. but they turned out to be pretty nice otherwise. the pick andy threw as he was leaving landed in their area. and they ended up finding it & since they don't like ok go, gave it to my sister.

also, i thought it was fun to watch dan when he played w/ silversun pickups & compare him to silversun's drummer. 'cause the one guy was a crazy (but awesome) drummer, and dan was all cool about it, doing his thing. dan seemed pretty amused by it all as well, haha.

QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 6 2007, 10:04 PM)
    Edit: Oh, and I also chased the lead singer of Silversun Pickups up a bunch of stairs to get him to sign my CD. LOL I had come back from my round of looking for OK Go upstairs and found Tabatha & Ryan getting autographs from him by the merch area bar, and I'm like, "D'oh!" because I'd wanted to buy their album and do just that if he showed up. So I rush over, buy it, and turn to catch him, and he's already headed upstairs. I'm just like, "Fuck it--I don't care if this guy thinks I'm nuts," and go trailing him up the stairs, finally catch up with him, and catch his arm. I think he was headed to hang out and watch Snow Patrol. . He was a very nice guy who seemed like he was on something. laugh.gif

he did come out to watch snow patrol. he was between the barrier & the stage, on one of the big box-y things over on the left. i thought he was probably on something, lol. he was dancing around, singing along & messing w/ the bassist. it was really amusing to watch him.
  • Okay, the vids are up, as are pics! (over at okgocentral.com)

Here's a couple:
    imageimage

P.S. It says WTTW's up on there, but it's not. The file's all screwy. Might be up tomorrow (today, that is ...).
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 7 2007, 12:04 AM)
    One hilarious thing that happened--Damian's talking about something, and someone chucks this little Weeble-Wobble-ish toy witch, about three inches tall, onstage. *thump* We could see it plainly where we were, and I just thought, "Wtf?" because it was such a weird thing to throw up there. laugh.gif Damian picks it up and says, "You know, usually we get thrown bras onstage." Then he looks at the thing and says, "But a ... [trying to think of a name to call it] munchkin witch is good, too." biggrin.gif Then he play-attacks the microphone camera with it, so it shows up on the screen, and makes these "Neeneeneeneenee" evil witch noises laugh.gif and then tosses it on the floor. *thump again* And goes on to something else. LOL

Cute! biggrin.gif
    ... He STEPS OVER MY HEAD with his other foot and stands there, spread-eagle, RIGHT ABOVE ME. Like I said, we were right up against the barrier with our arms folded over it--I'm not in front of him; I'm underneath him. Had I looked up ... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
    Aaahhhh! That would have been fantastic!! laugh.gif Let me get this straight - you HAD a camera in your hand, right...?
    I suppose it's pretty rude, too, to take pictures of Damian on the side of the stage while another band is performing ... Not that I've ever done that. rolleyes.gif Just a few days ago. unsure.gif

Heheheh! B) I'm so glad you had a great concert! The ping pong room at the end does sound like a dream!
  • wow! Awesome story, Sheri! Thanks so much for sharing. And pleaaase tell the rest of the whiskey story!
  • Oh my god that is the most incredibly amazing experience EVER.
    I want to go to a show with you, Sheri!!!

I can't believe you DIDNT look up when Damian was standing over you though... Imagine the possibilities!!!
    Few people have ever been in that position, lady....

Tell us about the whiskey!!!
  • I'm afraid I may have built the whiskey thing up into more than it really is, but I thought it was hilarious. At the risk of taking away all of Tabatha's thunder (or embarrassing her--I hope not!!), here goes:

Right before Damian left, Tabatha held out his whiskey cup, which still had a bunch of whiskey in it, and said, "This is yours--do you want it back?"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I wish you guys could have heard him answer. He wasn't creeped out at all--he just thought it was funny. biggrin.gif Laughing, he goes, "No, that's okay." Tabatha's like, "Are you sure?"

"Keep it--it's all yours now," amused smile on his face.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh my God, Tabatha, you are hilarious.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 7 2007, 04:04 PM)
    biggrin.gif Imagine if I'd reached up. I wonder what he'd have done. laugh.gif

biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D:D
    Hahahah!!
    There's an experiment for the next set of boardies to go to a show...

Haha she offered him the whiskey??
    Tabatha, you have some balls. I couldn't show the boys the true extent of my fandom like that for fear of scaring them.