In this Discussion

iPod Shuffle Ad!!!

13»

Comments

• Yeah, I really liked those Robert Longo prints in the late '80s. I got to see them in two separate art exhibits, one in my hometown and one in Hartford, CT. Nice to see them surfacing again in iPod ads.

I feel all cool and smart now.
  • QUOTE (Suzy @ Dec 12 2006, 12:53 AM)
    Woo woo! Beck, OK Go and Phoenix! Phoenix is Canadian. On the Arts-Crafts Label. Here's a fun fact: Jason Collett gave me a hot dog. At his house. Excellent.

ahm, actually phoenix is french, virgin music.... got their cds, that pin's from the cover of their third album 'it's never been like that'
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Apr 29 2007, 02:39 PM)
    Yeah, I really liked those Robert Longo prints in the late '80s. I got to see them in two separate art exhibits, one in my hometown and one in Hartford, CT. Nice to see them surfacing again in iPod ads.

I feel all cool and smart now.

You should! That was intense- I was seriously impressed. Do you study art?
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Apr 30 2007, 05:12 PM)
    ahm, actually phoenix is french, virgin music.... got their cds, that pin's from the cover of their third album 'it's never been like that'

That's their third album? Shows how much I know. What are their first two?
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 30 2007, 11:41 AM)
    That's their third album? Shows how much I know. What are their first two?

United
    and
    Alphabetical

all 3 of their albums are fabulous biggrin.gif
  • omg i totally don't have United and didn't know it existed...
    love Alphabetical and Its Never Been Like That!!!
    weee thanks for the info dear!
    i want a phoenix button sleep.gif
  • Ahh th iPod ads.. I made a point of asking Bluewater's Apple store if I could have that particular ad (it was about 24x24" on thick card) when they were finished, but all I got was an odd look and a no laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 30 2007, 11:22 AM)
    You should! That was intense- I was seriously impressed. Do you study art?
    Thanks, Tabetha! I don't study art, although I did take a fantastic History of Art course in college. I don't remember how I learned about Robert Longo, but I always liked those images. I understand he would take friends of his, dressed like that, up on his roof and throw tennis balls at them to make them twist and jerk around. He took photos and used them as studies to create these pieces.
  • QUOTE (Angel @ Apr 30 2007, 06:47 PM)
    Ahh th iPod ads.. I made a point of asking Bluewater's Apple store if I could have that particular ad (it was about 24x24" on thick card) when they were finished, but all I got was an odd look and a no laugh.gif

ohmy.gif
    How tight are bluewater???
    Twats!
    Half of the OK Go posters in my room are cardboard things from record stores advertising their singles...