In this Discussion

The Trish Sie Appreciation Thread

edited November -1 in OK Go
Like many of you, I think Trish Sie is a badass. As a result, I was kind of surprised that there's no Trish thread (apart from the interview Sheri did for OKGO Central). So, here it is.

I do some freelance writing and emailed Trish (at the Dr. 4 email addy) to find out what's going on with her and the Snark-A-Snoops, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Anyone know what she's up to lately?

Comments

• Wow, I feel so fancy!

Thank you for the thread... and to everyone for all the nice things you've said to me in emails, posts and comments, etc. OK Go fans are pretty spectacular.

Stany, to answer your question (and I'm sorry I didn't get your email, it was probably forwarded to my manager or someone), I'm indeed working on a new project. It's horrible. Truly embarassing and ridiculous. It's dance-related and it involves bad hair, a drycleaning facility, and stretch-velvet pants the color of a newborn rat. In fact, talking about it here has given me an idea: I think I'll bring my wincingly wretched new work to you guys first and ask you to help me spread the word and get it off the ground. Grass roots support is what this thing needs. More on that anon.

Snark-a-Snoops is also still ticking along. We're working out some details and hoping to partner with a production company to do a pilot series for tv.

Hope everyone out there in OK Goville is healthy and happy.

xoTrish
  • wow! a post from the woman herself! smile.gif i was going to say that this thread is long overdue smile.gif
  • So, what color is a newborn rat? Sounds worrying, but I'm sure you can pull it off, Trish!
  • QUOTE (Trashy Trishy @ Jun 11 2007, 05:53 AM)
    Wow, I feel so fancy!

Thank you for the thread... and to everyone for all the nice things you've said to me in emails, posts and comments, etc. OK Go fans are pretty spectacular.

Stany, to answer your question (and I'm sorry I didn't get your email, it was probably forwarded to my manager or someone), I'm indeed working on a new project. It's horrible. Truly embarassing and ridiculous. It's dance-related and it involves bad hair, a drycleaning facility, and stretch-velvet pants the color of a newborn rat. In fact, talking about it here has given me an idea: I think I'll bring my wincingly wretched new work to you guys first and ask you to help me spread the word and get it off the ground. Grass roots support is what this thing needs. More on that anon.

Snark-a-Snoops is also still ticking along. We're working out some details and hoping to partner with a production company to do a pilot series for tv.

Hope everyone out there in OK Goville is healthy and happy.

xoTrish

aww wow, i love it when you post trish <3

i look forward to hearing bout new projects
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jun 11 2007, 08:30 AM)
    So, what color is a newborn rat? Sounds worrying, but I'm sure you can pull it off, Trish!

My thoughts EXACTLY. :-)

This is what I've got.
    Erm.. nice :S
  • that rat looks pretty cute to me....

hahah, glad to see you lurking around here trish tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Trashy Trishy @ Jun 10 2007, 08:53 PM)
    ... I'm indeed working on a new project. It's horrible. Truly embarassing and ridiculous. It's dance-related and it involves bad hair, a drycleaning facility, and stretch-velvet pants the color of a newborn rat. In fact, talking about it here has given me an idea: I think I'll bring my wincingly wretched new work to you guys first and ask you to help me spread the word and get it off the ground. ...

fwiw, in my own experience, my best creative ideas are the ones that make me giggle spontaneously every time I think about them (yes, I'm the lunatic in the coffee shop giggling while looking at a blank corner in the ceiling). I say that if you are calling it "truly horrible" and still desiring to spring it on the world, it is probably fantastic. smile.gif

Can't wait to hear more!
  • hi, Trish!! It's so awesome to hear from you! Thanks so much!
  • QUOTE (Trashy Trishy @ Jun 11 2007, 12:53 AM)
    Stany, to answer your question (and I'm sorry I didn't get your email, it was probably forwarded to my manager or someone)

No worries, Trish -- I figured your assistants were probably reading it and laughing at my goober-osity. laugh.gif

I just sent you a message on MySpace, which was a reiteration of what I posted here. Your work really inspires me -- the way you're able to make something out of very little and have it not only work, but work really well, and I'd love to write an article on you when you've got something I can write about.

Keep on kicking ass, yeah?
  • Dear Trish,

Stretch velvet pants add splendor to any endeavor. We look forward to seeing your new ideas if you do decide to post them here.

I am studying for a nerd-level math class right now, and we are learning how to integrate Bernoulli equations. Yes, you guessed it. "Bernoulli in Effect" is stuck on endless loop in my head. It's okay, though, because it eases the headaches caused by excessive calculation.
  • QUOTE (Trashy Trishy @ Jun 11 2007, 04:53 AM)
    We're working out some details and hoping to partner with a production company to do a pilot series for tv.

ooo I bet that's going to be amazing!!
  • I feel that this is the place to state that the Skinny Bunny Blog is the funniest damn thing in the universe. I clean up the language and read it to my parents it's so freaking hilarious.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 23 2007, 02:43 PM)
    I feel that this is the place to state that the Skinny Bunny Blog is the funniest damn thing in the universe. I clean up the language and read it to my parents it's so freaking hilarious.

Ah, but the language is the best part! laugh.gif

Poor dog vagina.
  • Found some footage of Trish dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g83netzQeHY

And I know this was from several months ago, but she choreographed a video for Imagination Movers, a kids band from New Orleans (what's your favorite snack?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af_lUa5RKN4
  • aw, Trish is so cool. She is totally the best female role model of our time. If I were still a little kid, I would def'ly say I want to be like Trish when I grow up.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jul 5 2007, 09:09 PM)
    Found some footage of Trish dancing:

And I know this was from several months ago, but she choreographed a video for Imagination Movers, a kids band from New Orleans (what's your favorite snack?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af_lUa5RKN4

OMG i couldn't even walk in the shoes Trish's dancing in that video!

Funny coreography...
  • Trish is brilliant!
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jul 5 2007, 04:09 PM)
    Found some footage of Trish dancing:

ahhh, now I miss my Cotillion days... ohmy.gif As it's been a while, I can't figure out which dance that is. The first few steps look like the Tango, but I don't know which of the four styles it might be.. definitely not the more popular Americanized Tango. grrr, I could be wrong altogether though. Queen Trish, might you be able to clarify for me?