In this Discussion

what is your favorite ok go song?

Comments

• Hello RK, and welcome to the board! laugh.gif Reading your post reminded me of when I was a new OK Go fan - a mere 4 months ago. They are very charismatic for the exact reasons you mentioned. They also tour a lot - I've already seen them live twice and have tickets for a show in April. I hope you've taken a look at the Federal Truth in Music videos and some different interviews to see their sense of humor and personalities. This board has so much information. Just scan the topic threads or use the 'Search' function and you will be kept busy and happy for a long while!

Also, if you have a MySpace, please check out a group called OK Go for Grownups. The average age is a little older and you may feel more comfortable talking about recent hip surgeries, the weather - you know, stuff old people talk about! rolleyes.gif It's actually a very friendly, chatty little group where you would be more than welcome.
  • Ugh! Double post! Sorry...

I voted for No Sign of Life. Love the guitar!
    You're So Damn Hot is my extremely close second favorite.
    you may feel more comfortable talking about recent hip surgeries,

lawl, thanks, now I really feel old!

Guess I better shuffle off to the geriatric forum now...
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Jan 23 2007, 11:59 AM)
    lawl, thanks, now I really feel old!

Guess I better shuffle off to the geriatric forum now...

Hmmm...are you just kidding? I don't know what 'lawl' stands for (and neither did my daughter)! I didn't mean to push you off on the Grownups Group - I was inviting you to join us! You are welcome here, too.
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Jan 23 2007, 12:21 PM)
    Hmmm...are you just kidding? I don't know what 'lawl' stands for (and neither did my daughter)! I didn't mean to push you off on the Grownups Group - I was inviting you to join us! You are welcome here, too.

I am pretty sure that lawl is just like "lol" but how it would sound if you said it like a word.
  • Thanks! I thought it might mean "Laughing At a Wussie Loser"!! tongue.gif

P.S. Tabatha, get off the board and get to work on your concert review! wink.gif
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Jan 23 2007, 12:33 PM)
    Thanks! I thought it might mean "Laughing At a Wussie Loser"!! tongue.gif

P.S. Tabatha, get off the board and get to work on your concert review! wink.gif

I'm working on it right now! It should be up tonight, or maybe this afternoon if I don't find myself distracted with other things.

Oh, and I brought my CD's with the pictures on them, so I think I'll be able to have more pictures up too.
    I am pretty sure that lawl is just like "lol" but how it would sound if you said it like a word.

yup. that's how the hip kids write it, doncha know.
    (i just learned that yesterday - I'm such a poser. tongue.gif )
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Jan 23 2007, 05:14 PM)
    yup. that's how the hip kids write it, doncha know.
    (i just learned that yesterday - I'm such a poser. tongue.gif )

See, RK? You sound like you're feeling younger already!
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Jan 23 2007, 01:08 AM)
    Can't wait to see them in February. I'll probably be the oldest person at the show. huh.gif

RK

Where are you going to see them? You might be surprised...several of us are older than the average fan demographic. Haha, nice comment about the hip surgery, dietpepsidrunk. Don't scare RK, some of us are only dealing with arthritis right now.
  • Key Arena, Seattle. Doubt that we'll stay for Snow Patrol, though.
    Some of us have to get up and go to work EARLY the next morning!
    Why do they have concerts on weeknights anyway? (grumble grumble)
  • I'm sorry but how can i choose. they are all so good. including the ones u didn't put like "Antmusic", "The Lovecats", or "Kiss Me Son of God"
  • Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've been a fan of ok go for a while but just joined this forum, so hi to everyone! I would have to say my favorite song is Oh Lately It's so Quiet. I just love that song!!! wub.gif
  • I went for 'Don't Ask Me'. It was hard to choose between that, 'Television Television' and 'Return', cos I love them all. But I went for DAM cos it's the only song that I will automatically dance to whenever I hear it
  • hi people, i'm marta, and i'm new here.. i want to say that my favourites ok go song are don't ask me, you're so damn hot, the fix is in, get over it, it's a disaster.... i think all their songs are the bests rolleyes.gif

well, sorry if my english isn't very good, but i'm spanish and i'm learning tongue.gif

see you!!!
  • QUOTE (marta91 @ Jun 17 2007, 08:56 AM)
    hi people, i'm marta, and i'm new here.. i want to say that my favourites ok go song are don't ask me, you're so damn hot, the fix is in, get over it, it's a disaster.... i think all their songs are the bests rolleyes.gif

well, sorry if my english isn't very good, but i'm spanish and i'm learning tongue.gif

see you!!!

Bienvenidos, Marta! Don't worry, your English is great. Are you going to see them at the festival in August?
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ Jun 17 2007, 06:20 PM)
    Bienvenidos, Marta! Don't worry, your English is great. Are you going to see them at the festival in August?

thanks, biggrin.gif:D
    i'm afraid i can't go, :'( i'm just 15 and it's for people over 18 so.. i'll have to wait they come back again... sad.gif
  • I can't pick just one. HOW CAN YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE.

Okay.

"Oh Lately It's So Quiet" makes me swoon. "Don't Ask Me" was the first song of theirs I heard, and it holds a special place in my heart (even if it took me three years to eventually buy their CD, grumble).
  • i voted.

for the fix is in.

even though i truly love them all... that one, don't ask me, ysdh, no sign... i mean... its hard to pick just one
  • Hmmmm

1. Oh Lately It's So Quiet
    2. What To Do
    3. Do What You Want
    4. You're So Damn Hot
    5. 1000 Miles Per Hour
    6. It's Tough To Have A Crush
    7. and the rest are all tied.

it's so hard to pickkkk though.