In this Discussion

OK Go tour incidents

Comments

• QUOTE (ytel82 @ Apr 4 2007, 10:52 PM)
    Well that sux!

I just went ahead and uploaded it to yousendit. Let me know if there is a problem since this is the first time I'm doing this.

It's in MP4 format:
    Bonkalist

ah! you're my hero!
    thank you so much!
    smile.gif
  • Who loves Lety? I do I do!

Therefore tonight there will be Bonkalist and Cadbury's!!! Oh 5 o'clock when will you ever be here?!
  • Thank you lety you brilliant person, you

Rachel - I have this uber cadbury's easter egg to enjoy with this video.
    Its 3 mini flakes, inside an easter egg, inside a bigger easter egg!!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 5 2007, 09:46 AM)
    Thank you lety you brilliant person, you

Rachel - I have this uber cadbury's easter egg to enjoy with this video.
    Its 3 mini flakes, inside an easter egg, inside a bigger easter egg!!

Braggart. mad.gif laugh.gif KIDDING!

That's fine. I recently received a box from the amazing Tooldforthis containing a bag of Dairy Milk Buttons, 4 plain Dairy Milk bars, 4 Dairy Milk and something else bars (so I got one with biscuits, one turkish, one fruit and nut, and one caramel), and the piece de resistance - FOUR CREME EGGS!!!!!!!

That also doesn't take into account the stash in the freezer. All of that should carry me through to my next visit to the UK (HOPEFULLY October 2008)!!
  • wub.gif thanks for the love guys. and you're welcome wink.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 5 2007, 03:46 PM)
    Braggart. mad.gif laugh.gif KIDDING!

That's fine. I recently received a box from the amazing Tooldforthis containing a bag of Dairy Milk Buttons, 4 plain Dairy Milk bars, 4 Dairy Milk and something else bars (so I got one with biscuits, one turkish, one fruit and nut, and one caramel), and the piece de resistance - FOUR CREME EGGS!!!!!!!

That also doesn't take into account the stash in the freezer. All of that should carry me through to my next visit to the UK (HOPEFULLY October 2008)!!

Mwahahaha!!
    Nice chocolate stash...
    You're coming back?? ohmy.gif
    YAY!
  • Update?
  • Fair question. The project isn't going to be done until June, now. I lost my graphic designer; her computer crashed and took all the files with it, and she didn't have the licenses for the software, so she had to back out. I have a new guy lined up, but I have yet to meet with him. I haven't been able to work on it all month, basically. I'm also having trouble sourcing the parts that I need. But I will not be stopped.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Apr 26 2007, 06:03 AM)
    Fair question. The project isn't going to be done until June, now. I lost my graphic designer; her computer crashed and took all the files with it, and she didn't have the licenses for the software, so she had to back out. I have a new guy lined up, but I have yet to meet with him. I haven't been able to work on it all month, basically. I'm also having trouble sourcing the parts that I need. But I will not be stopped.

ohmy.gif OMG this is gonna be awesomer than I thought!
    I think I can wait until June, I'm sure all your hard work will pay off! wink.gif
    Thanks for the update!
  • *bump* Since you're still looking for tour incidents, how about the recent show at Case Western in Cleveland when some nerd future executive held up a 15" laptop during the 'electronic gadgets' portion of OLISQ? cool.gif That is priceless. I read about that and thought of your project, sureeyesawake. smile.gif
  • Thanks! That's another good one.

love the irony in your new sig, btw wink.gif
  • OK, I promised to tell you what this was about. Thanks for your patience. Here you go:

I created an OK Go board game, and it’s awesome.

Introducing the OK Go Board Game: A game about incessant touring. For 2-4 players.

The object is to be the first band to tour the country three times, collect 1,000 fans, and make $10,000. If you complete three tours, and you don't have 1000 fans or $10,000 yet, you have to keep touring until you do.

The idea is that you travel around the game board, playing shows in different cities. In certain cities, you draw a tour card, which says what happens or what you do in that city. I wanted these to be things that have actually happened to OK Go, or things they’ve actually done, or things that could reasonably happen. I ended up writing about 80 tour cards, and about half of them were things that actually happened on this past tour (and I noted them as such). I got most of them from Andy’s blog, Damian’s guest blogs, recorded interviews, my own experiences, and posts on the forum and in this thread. Thanks to those who posted!

The whole game is full of OK Go references and inside jokes, which made it really fun to make.

A few pictures:

How it came about: Last November, I was enthusing about OK Go in an email to my brother and cousins. My brother responded that I must really like these guys and that I sounded like I was back in my Duran Duran days. Our cousin Ben said he wouldn’t go that far, because I had a Duran Duran board game, of all things. I replied that the only reason I didn’t have an OK Go board game was that there wasn’t one, which got me thinking: There really should be an OK Go board game. So I made one.

I worked REALLY hard creating this game, and I’m very proud of it. I started it in February. I envisioned the whole thing, designed the board and the box lid, wrote the rules, did several rounds of play-testing and revisions, sourced all the parts, wrote the tour cards, etc., etc., etc.

I really love the pawns: They’re little tiny Chevy cargo vans (i.e., tour vans). I knew that someone somewhere had to make little tiny vans, and I was determined to find them. The answer turns out to be N-scale model train accessories. There’s like one distributor for the entire US and Canada, and of the 100,000 items in their (online! searchable!) catalog, I found the one item that was exactly what I was looking for. I had to wait a few weeks for the order to arrive, and then I had to spray-paint the vans, and brush-paint the tires, and glue the tires on myself, but now there they are, in all their miniature, perfect glory!!!

I gave one complete game to the band (all four of them together, hooray!) in Indianapolis last week. They were amazed, and I was so pleased. I wanted to surprise and delight them as they have surprised and delighted me, and I think I did that.
  • YOU.

ARE.

INCREDIBLE.

honestly, I'm speechless.

<3

are you selling them, by any chance? cause I think most of us would want to buy it. in all seriousness.
  • My Jaw is ON THE FLOOR.

That is the most incredible thing that anyone has ever done. And I want a copy. I will pay you for it, seriously. Of course the guys loved it - I don't think that anyone could possibly top that beautiful gift.

Suzanne, you win the Internets.
  • Oh my God.

Suzanne!!!!!

YOU are the Queen of the OK Go Fans!!!!

Like Meg, I was speechless, and like Rachel, my jaw was on the floor. The guys must have absolutely LOVED it! And it's so impressive--it looks absolutely gorgeous!

I'm so in awe of you!

Please tell us J0rge & co. are working on getting this made for distribution.
  • *hahaha!* You finally showed everyone! It looks incredible with you modeling it too. biggrin.gif And you KNOW the boys (even Dami) are staying in from the bars just to play it every night.
  • Wow, this is beyond amazing. I guarantee you I'll be the first in line to buy it when it hits the markets. laugh.gif That was probably one of the best fan gifts the guys have ever recieved. You rock.
  • Oh my god. That is the MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! You're incredible Suzanne. You even have flattened pennies! I can't find enough words to describe how awesome and wonderful and brilliant that is. My brain is exploding right now.

I know what I want for Christmas.
  • Holy &*^(^&0-512ijoglkajlk;avngn!!!111111

My gosh, it looks so... huh. Gee whiz almighty.
  • OMFG!! you are a GENIUS! i don't know what to say... it's so amazing! You have officially blown my mind

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kwoah! it's just so... kwoah

you are cool.gif really REALLY cool.gif