In this Discussion

OK Go tour incidents

Comments

• biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Totally Awesome, Suzanne! That's got to be the best fan present ever. You put in the 100% effort and quality that I knew you would.

I'll take one of those extras. biggrin.gif
  • That is just amazing, Suzanne. I'm gobsmacked!
  • WOAH, that looks amazing and very creative! I bet you could become a millionaire if you started selling those. I really want one myself! smile.gif
  • I am totally in awe of the creativity it must've taken to do this. Simply amazing.
  • ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

That is INCREDIBLE!! WOW
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Jun 25 2007, 07:52 PM)
    I created an OK Go board game, and it’s awesome.

Introducing the OK Go Board Game: A game about incessant touring. For 2-4 players.

...They were amazed, and I was so pleased. I wanted to surprise and delight them as they have surprised and delighted me, and I think I did that.

That is totally awesome! Like everyone else, I am 1) thunderstruck dumb speechless in awe & 2) want one Really Bad now smile.gif

You are amazing!
  • SOOOO amazing! WOW!! ohmy.gif !! That is the coolest thing I have ever seen. You did a REALLY great job!
  • Obviously, there isn't much I can tell you that hasn't already been said, but...LIKE HOLY FUCK I LOVE IT.

They must have been so honoured that you took the time to do this, and I think everyone here is pretty much on the verge of kneeling and worshipping you! Incredible. And I'm so excited that one of my Polaroids is on the cover! Thank you so much!! Maybe it'll remind them to come back and freaking visit me. laugh.gif
  • sweet jesus. you are a goddess among mere mortals here. this is fucking ridiculously amazing and i would pay any amt of money for one... seriously. you are fabulous!!
  • OH MY GOD THAT'S AMAZING!!!!

Ahhhh I'm sorry to Sheri, but Suzanne you have indeed taken over as Queen of OK Go. That's so incredible.
    Are you going to make more copies and sell them, because if you are I REALLY want one!!!

I can just see OK Go playing in their tourbus. Damian would get so competitive over it lol...
  • OMG

i gasped.

me waaaaaaaaannnntt
  • ^ That's so cool.
  • oooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    I want one too!!! I'll pay!!! Any price!!!!!
    That is just too awesome for words.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Jun 25 2007, 08:52 PM)

Suzanne, I have a question about the photo in the lower right-hand corner on the lid. Is that the screen cap that someone made that says something like, "Bitch, don't even ask me about the treadmills" (or something close to that)? If so, kudos to you for including that, and kudos to the person who made it. It's hilarious!
  • We're not worthy, we're not worthy! This is amazing. This is above and beyond and I give you all the gold stars.
  • I am just floored by how stunning the game looks and all the work that went into it. I also like the different pictures on the cover.
  • I really have nothing new to add here except to just express my amazement at the effort you put into the game!! That is just incredibly awesome!!

I also love the fact that you put in Damian's mug shot on the front cover, haha.
  • Too amazing for words... I WANT ONE!
  • oh my gosh... its beautiful! its amazing, and Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore better get on selling that thing in the stores b/c it is too rad!

wow i feel like such a slacker fan, i have never given a gift that cool!

edit: the "band member quits, its a disaster!" thing made my giggle alot...
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you!! It's been a joy for me to sit here and read all your comments and compliments! (I feel like I won a Grammy. biggrin.gif)

Alice, I hope they do play it (at least once) in their tour bus, but, Jennifer, I don’t think my game is keeping anyone out of the bars! wink.gif I do like to imagine them reading the tour cards and laughing. rolleyes.gif

Yes, mixtape, that is indeed one of your Polaroids! Nine of the photos on the box lid are directly referenced in the Tour Cards, including your Polaroid and the mug shot. The game, and the box lid in particular, have a “this is your life” quality that I love.

mumblo: Yeah, mmmary made that screencap! Her caption says, “Bitch, please don’t ask us any treadmill questions.” Those eight words and that screenshot are so hysterical, and they say so much about what it's been like to be OK Go for the last 11 months, that it totally belonged on the box lid. We made it big so you could read the words.

Kalinda, good job noticing the flattened pennies! With every game element, if there was a way to make it OK Go-specific, I tried to do that.

I don’t know if I’m the Queen of OK Go (I actually like Sheri’s word ‘Maidservant’ better cool.gif), but I humbly thank you for recognizing the time and care and thought that went into this.

I don’t have any copies to sell right now, but I promise to find out whether I can feasibly do it. To make these on any kind of scale, I have to find a new source for pegs & pegboards and the little vans. I also have to see about printing; I know a printer/manufacturer, but I think 3000 might be the minimum order, and I don’t know if I can sell that many! Do you think? Believe me, I want to. I would love you all to have your own copies! Then you would play it and be happy! And show your friends (again) how much you love this band. God knows I do.

Thank you, everyone! I’m beaming!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif