In this Discussion

What happened to Juggling Club??

edited November -1 in OK Go
What happened to Juggling Club?? Is it closed down or something?? Is there something I should but don't know?! blink.gif

Comments

• Oh, snap, I hadn't seen that before. Weird.
  • Whoa. Shoot. I really hope it's not down for good. I was eyeing a couple things in the store that I was going to redeem with my points. It seems really out of the blue for it to be down anyway since a few new challenges had just been posted. unsure.gif

EDIT: Well if it is down for good, it has nothing to do with OK Go. Yellowcard's equivalent of the Juggling Club, the Underdogs, is down as well: http://www.ycunderdogs.com/yc/down.html
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Jul 16 2007, 03:20 PM)
    EDIT: Well if it is down for good, it has nothing to do with OK Go. Yellowcard's equivalent of the Juggling Club, the Underdogs, is down as well: http://www.ycunderdogs.com/yc/down.html

I was just about to post that. I remember my sister showed me the Underdogs thing a few days ago and I freaked out because it was the Juggling Club, except for Yellowcard. Then she reminded me that they're both on Capitol and that it's a Capitol thing.
  • I rarely went on the JC myself, but that's really sad...I can't believe they didn't even give a warning...
    those Capitol fatcats!
    I'm sorry, JC'ers sad.gif
  • Whoa! I was planning on joining, actually. Weirddd.
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Jul 16 2007, 11:43 PM)
    Whoa! I was planning on joining, actually. Weirddd.

Trust me, you didn't miss much.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 16 2007, 10:57 PM)

laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 16 2007, 09:57 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

True, but they did add some new items to the store a short while ago, and I managed to snag an old tee before they went kapoot. 6600 points used wisely.
  • Yeah I managed to get a flipbook just before this...
    Oh man. I wonder what happened...?

sad.gif
  • hello, I was Damiansloveslave on JC, but that name is taken here, so HI again...I tried to email the link for capitol street team and I got an error message back that it was undeliverable.

I would like to know what happened too, hopefully they're just updating computer stuff. I joined there because it was labeled as the "official" fan club. I also found out I was the oldest person there.
  • You know what's worse - I emailed the address they left on the site and it was just returned undeliverable!

AND I emailed Cheli at the other Capitol street team last week and it too was returned undeliverable. Something seems kinda fishy to me.

QUOTE (hungrylikethewolf @ Jul 17 2007, 10:00 AM)
    hello, I was Damiansloveslave on JC, but that name is taken here, so HI again...I tried to email the link for capitol street team and I got an error message back that it was undeliverable.

I would like to know what happened too, hopefully they're just updating computer stuff. I joined there because it was labeled as the "official" fan club. I also found out I was the oldest person there.

Just saw this - YAY! Another Duranie! There are SO many Duranies who get attracted to OK Go... it's awesome. :-)

Wolfie, there are plenty of grownups, they're just not very active in posting over on the JC. A bunch of us post both here and on the myspace group (featured in my siggie) OK Go For Grownups. I'm one of the youngest grownups, but we range in age from early 20's to mid-50's and we're a pretty fun group!
  • That makes me feel a little bit better that I'm not the only email address coming back undeliverable.

Nice to meet you DJRose. Is that you in your pic? I'm afraid to post pictures of myself. I am a lifelong Duranie, it's surreal addiction. Thanks for the info.

It does sound a little odd though to just shut down the JC without some sort of notice. Those kids are going to be upset. Me and my kids are upset. OK Go is a family thing in our house...it's a little insane here sometimes;)
  • QUOTE (hungrylikethewolf @ Jul 17 2007, 10:14 AM)
    That makes me feel a little bit better that I'm not the only email address coming back undeliverable.

Nice to meet you DJRose. Is that you in your pic? I'm afraid to post pictures of myself. I am a lifelong Duranie, it's surreal addiction. Thanks for the info.

It does sound a little odd though to just shut down the JC without some sort of notice. Those kids are going to be upset. Me and my kids are upset. OK Go is a family thing in our house...it's a little insane here sometimes;)

Yep, that's me (I'm Rachel, btw). And then in the siggie I'm the short one in the pic with Damian. Most of the Grownups with families make it a family affair - you're not alone there! I don't have kids, but trust me, when I do (8 billion years from now) they will be at the concerts with me. :-)
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 16 2007, 10:57 PM)

laugh.gif I love you. So true.
  • QUOTE (hungrylikethewolf @ Jul 17 2007, 10:00 AM)
    hello, I was Damiansloveslave on JC, but that name is taken here, so HI again...I tried to email the link for capitol street team and I got an error message back that it was undeliverable.

You'll be much happier here. Whenever cool people start posting at the JC, I'm always tempted to rescue them and bring them here, but all the annoying kiddies would flood this board if I posted the link. So, welcome!
  • aww that kinda sucks that they took it down. I'm happy i got some shizz from the store but i know lots have been saving up for things. darnios
  • Strange innit! I thought someone must know something!! but obviously not...

QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 17 2007, 04:19 PM)
    You'll be much happier here. Whenever cool people start posting at the JC, I'm always tempted to rescue them and bring them here, but all the annoying kiddies would flood this board if I posted the link. So, welcome!

I didn't know about this forum until recently too ! There are definitely more going on here than Juggling Club!!
    I wonder I still get that patch I ordered..... dry.gif
  • No worries. There was a snafu at the upper label level but I'm told that it should be back up later this afternoon. I'll let you know if anything changes.

And we've been trying to breathe new, fantastic life back into the JC of late, so you should go back and check it out if you haven't in a while. Once it's up, anyway. We've got a sweet new prize in the works that'll make its way in there anon.

So, sorry for the confusion. And the panic. And the running around all crazylike.
  • Yay Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore!

Thank you for updating us. biggrin.gif